Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Creating a lottery e-book that doesn't look like a scam, and is USEFUL.

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TotallyDavis's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
North Charleston, SC
United States
Member #69214
January 6, 2009
45 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2009, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Hi, *this is NOT spam*.  I am not advertising anything in any way.  I am just interested in talking about the subject.

I am current writing some lottery products, learning how to use various illustration and print design programs, and setting up a website for it all.  It's going very well, and I hope to educate people about various lottery strategies and some of the fundamentals of probability (which I am studying myself).

I find that I have a knack for presenting information in a fun, easy to understand way, and I want to leverage that to help the average person understand more about the lottery.  Believe it or not (you Lottery Post regulars), there's a TON of people out there who don't know that there are different machines and ball sets for the powerball, who don't understand what 'rate of return' means, and who don't even quite grasp what a lottery wheel is.

I've even been lucky enough to grab ahold of a top-level, catchy domain name for my project.  I plan to write high-quality materials.  I even plan to charge reasonable prices for them (none of that $59.95 *scam* pricing, blech).

My question to you is, what features do you think people are interested in seeing in 'lottery products' these days?  When you see something like that, what screams 'POSSIBLE SCAM' to you?  Do those long websites with thousands of words of testimonials and product pitches draw you in?  Or do they just make you feel uneasy?  Is less more?  Or is less less?

And what subjects would you like to see explored in a lottery product?

I'll probably focus on my home state at first, because I feel we don't have any source of info about our lottery besides the official lottery website, but would like to explore multi-state lotteries too.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
    Member #9517
    December 10, 2004
    1279 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2009, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

If you want to learn how not to make money selling lottery systems, search for paul connor scam on google.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19900 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2009, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Unless you are playing and winning lotteries and sharing information that has helped you win then your information is no better than what those scammers are selling.  The very notion that for a price anyone can tell others how to do something that they've never done themselves is a scam.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

North Charleston, SC
        United States
        Member #69214
        January 6, 2009
        45 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2009, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Well, then you would have to agree that many college programs in America are scams, with people teach entrepreneurship and business who have never successfull operated a business, or people teaching how to write articles and novels in journalism and writing programs who have never themselves had a career as a writer, or professors teaching political science who have never held public office, etc, etc, etc.

Just because someone has not *achieved* a specific thing, does not mean that the information they have about that thing is not valid.

You may know a lot about making a good website, but just because you don't have a successful website of your own is no reason not to provide people with advice if you know what you're talking about.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: January 23, 2009, 3:12 am - IP Logged

There is a pretty big difference between what you are 'pitching' and what RJoH is saying:

You are saying basically college is a scam - in some programs I'd agree - but just like anything else, you need to know what you are getting into beforehand, and what you are going to get out of it in the end.    ie - 'I've done my research, and I'm going to major in Pottery in College'  vs.  'I have done my research and I am going to get my MBA and then go to Law School'.

Both are fine, but one of those has a little bit better shot at making a living down the road.

Anyway, if I was you, I'd be refining my 'systems' before pitching them, and even at that, we all have to wonder: if a person had a 'system' that would dramatically lower the odds in my favor of winning the Lottery, WHY on earth would they tell anyone else about it ?????

On a side note: I had a pretty great system going myself, but nothing is a sure thing EVER - I was pretty sure if I could have afforded to spend about $350 per drawing there was little doubt I would hit a PB Pick-5 ($200,000 at the time) within 2 months, but the 'what if's' show up - what if I didn't ?

You don't always have to be a veteran at something in order to teach it, but what you teach has to have some value - and proven validity.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3502 Posts
            Posted: January 23, 2009, 4:06 am - IP Logged

Unless you are playing and winning lotteries and sharing information that has helped you win then your information is no better than what those scammers are selling.  The very notion that for a price anyone can tell others how to do something that they've never done themselves is a scam.

Just because you've never done something doesn't mean you don't know how it could be done, or can't explain how to do it.

Whether an author or vendor of some other product is winning is immaterial. There's plenty of advice about playing the lottery that's useful. Marketing "information" about playing the lottery only becomes a scam if the material or the marketing is misleading. Even at that, it may be a shoddy, but legitimate product if the material is misleading, but it isn't intentionally misleading. OTOH, anything that claims to improve your chances of winning, other than by simply playing more, *is* a scam, because you can't improve your odds. If you want to learn how wheels work, a $19.95 book on wheels might be worth the price. OTOH, a book that claims you can wheel your way to lottery riches is a scam, and not worth anything.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
              Kunming
              China
              Member #57910
              January 23, 2008
              3626 Posts
              Posted: January 23, 2009, 4:21 am - IP Logged

Not to put a damper on your "idea" but once you join Lottery Post, you really don't need anything else. There are hundreds of "FREE" information that no "e-book" could come close to.

Play to win!

North Charleston, SC
                United States
                Member #69214
                January 6, 2009
                45 Posts
                Posted: January 23, 2009, 10:00 am - IP Logged

You'd think so, right?

You'd think that people who could get something similiar for free wouldn't pay for it, right?

Not true.  Look at Linux vs. Windows.  Many people pay for Windows because they just don't believe that a free alternative can compare.

Many people pay for Microsoft Office vs. free alternatives because they just don't believe that free can compare.

And I plan to go much deeper than what's available on Lottery Post.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                  Member #28409
                  December 15, 2005
                  1198 Posts
                  Posted: January 23, 2009, 10:19 am - IP Logged

You'd think so, right?

You'd think that people who could get something similiar for free wouldn't pay for it, right?

Not true.  Look at Linux vs. Windows.  Many people pay for Windows because they just don't believe that a free alternative can compare.

Many people pay for Microsoft Office vs. free alternatives because they just don't believe that free can compare.

Sorry, that's not true.  Most people go with Microsoft Office because it is universally used., therefore easier to incorporate outside info and use interoffice, intercorporate, and worldwide.  The free alternatives promise seemless intergration, but in reality don't deliver.  For example try flipping and Microsoft Excel program into OpenOffice Calc and you get a mess.  The creaters are geniuses, but they fail to realize what the world demands... Simplicity!

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23351 Posts
                    Posted: January 23, 2009, 11:35 am - IP Logged

You'd think so, right?

I agree with spy153.  People use Microsoft Windows over Linux (or any of the UNIX varieties) because Windows is much easier to use, and works with everything they want to use.

Open-source software can be great, but it can also be bad, especially when the project is run by more immature developers who focus on the wrong things or stop supporting the product when they're tired of it.

The Web is littered with broken links from developers who stop supporting a product after a year or two.

On the other hand, Microsoft guarantees a 10-year support cycle, AFTER the product is no longer the most recent.   Pretty great of them to do that.

Plus Linux (or Ubunti, or whatever else) has all kinds of problems, and is not the panacea that geeks make it out to be.  The graphical user interfaces are directly copied from Windows in most cases, and where they diverge, they become a mess.  Also, forget trying to use all of your peripherals and gadgets.  Most won't work.

Things to sound great because they are hyped by the media and "true believers" are usually not what they seem.  And that covers many elements of society today. Wink

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!