Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Virginia Lottery Enthusiast

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Virginia
United States
Member #70420
February 1, 2009
4 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2009, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Hi, I'm new here.  My husband and I are bigtime lottery enthusiasts; we've been spending lots of money on the Virginia Lottery for years, yet we never win more than, say, $40.  It really ticks us off.  I decided to start a blog about it, this way we can journal every single one of our lottery playing experiences; we are documenting every penny spent, and every win.  Our blog is helping us to feel a little more empowered.  I'd post the link to our blog, but I'm not allowed to here.  Perhaps I'll be allowed to at some point.  It's called "Lisa and Tim's Virginia Lottery Journal."

I decided to start the blog to feel less victimized, to feel like our money is not spent in vain.  If nothing else, our voice will be heard.

I just can't believe that we've been playing for years and spending so much money, yet we've never even won $500 or $1,000.  I don't know if we're just unlucky or what.

Would love to share experiences with other Virginia Lottery enthusiasts, or any other enthusiasts.

Lisa

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2657 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2009, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Type welcome to the nut house

I know how ya feel ... been playing ever since we got our own lottery and have chit to show for it

but I keep on dreamin

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23261 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2009, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Hi, I'm new here.  My husband and I are bigtime lottery enthusiasts; we've been spending lots of money on the Virginia Lottery for years, yet we never win more than, say, $40.  It really ticks us off.  I decided to start a blog about it, this way we can journal every single one of our lottery playing experiences; we are documenting every penny spent, and every win.  Our blog is helping us to feel a little more empowered.  I'd post the link to our blog, but I'm not allowed to here.  Perhaps I'll be allowed to at some point.  It's called "Lisa and Tim's Virginia Lottery Journal."

I decided to start the blog to feel less victimized, to feel like our money is not spent in vain.  If nothing else, our voice will be heard.

I just can't believe that we've been playing for years and spending so much money, yet we've never even won $500 or $1,000.  I don't know if we're just unlucky or what.

Would love to share experiences with other Virginia Lottery enthusiasts, or any other enthusiasts.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Lottery Post!

I'll post your link since you're not able to yet: http://valotteryjournal.blogspot.com/

You've come to the right place to discuss all the stuff you and your husband have been going through in your "money quest".

Good luck with it, I hope you stick around and find the site helpful.

-Todd

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Virginia
        United States
        Member #70420
        February 1, 2009
        4 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2009, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Lottery Post!

I'll post your link since you're not able to yet: http://valotteryjournal.blogspot.com/

You've come to the right place to discuss all the stuff you and your husband have been going through in your "money quest".

Good luck with it, I hope you stick around and find the site helpful.

-Todd

Thanks so much for posting the link to our blog, Todd.

I look forward to reading everyone's posts!

Lisa

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2009, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I am a big fan of Virginia Lottery but is only of Virginia Cash5 the one for 25 cents not pick3 or pick4....sorry i couldn't help....

welcome to LP....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
            Katy, Tx
            United States
            Member #67709
            December 3, 2008
            204 Posts
            Posted: February 4, 2009, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Lisa,

I may be able to help.  E=mail me and I will send you a program the has a 18 number wheel.

using the hot and warm numbers.

Joey

Virginia
              United States
              Member #70420
              February 1, 2009
              4 Posts
              Posted: February 4, 2009, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Lisa,

I may be able to help.  E=mail me and I will send you a program the has a 18 number wheel.

using the hot and warm numbers.

Joey

Hi Joey,

How do I e-mail you (or anyone else)?  How would I use a lottery wheel?  Has it worked for you?  Thanks.

Lisa

Pogo's avatar - wfl
                NC
                United States
                Member #29378
                January 1, 2006
                552 Posts
                Posted: February 4, 2009, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to the LotteryPost! I hang out in the tidewater area myself, buying tickets frequently on the weekend usually spending around $200 most weekends I get up there from NENC... Well, anywho... ...welcome to LP & I'll see you in VA - GO NAVY!!! - Pogo Out!

Pogo's avatar - wfl
                  NC
                  United States
                  Member #29378
                  January 1, 2006
                  552 Posts
                  Posted: February 4, 2009, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

BTW, I meant to say nice blog... ...haven't checked everything out yet.... ....but I will! -Pogo

jmill1948's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    colonial heights
                    United States
                    Member #31712
                    February 2, 2006
                    12264 Posts
                    Posted: February 4, 2009, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Lisa

take a visit to us at the virginia pick 3  post theres lots of information there to help u win

when you do it do it right the first time...........

United States
                      Member #1826
                      July 11, 2003
                      2645 Posts
                      Posted: February 7, 2009, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

That's funny, I just started a lottery blog too. Hope yours does well.

(insert signature here)

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #56506
                        November 21, 2007
                        6537 Posts
                        Posted: February 8, 2009, 12:06 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post Lisa! I hope to see you posting around more. See Ya!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

MysteryMan424's avatar - batman22
                          Pelham NY
                          United States
                          Member #60411
                          April 16, 2008
                          169 Posts
                          Posted: February 8, 2009, 11:26 am - IP Logged

People assume that if they spend more money on lottery that they are entitled to win. Funny how most jackpot wins are by people that spend the least. Since you guys like scratcher lottery keep in mind that its purely dumb luck akin to finding a needle in a haystack. There is no thinking or strategy behind it. Although there is an element here in NY that believes there is a methodology to success, yet the one who hits always seems to be the guy who buys one ticket on a whim. If you are serious about winning money consistently then the way to go is the three digit game. You will need all the results for the state your playing, a chart listing every combo, the date it hit, the number of drawings between hits, and a bankroll. Once you've determined a combos hit rate then you bet it. You also need to keep a record of the combos you play and how much, in addition to the numerous other charts pertaining to the three digit game.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                            Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23261 Posts
                            Posted: February 9, 2009, 8:47 am - IP Logged

People assume that if they spend more money on lottery that they are entitled to win. Funny how most jackpot wins are by people that spend the least. Since you guys like scratcher lottery keep in mind that its purely dumb luck akin to finding a needle in a haystack. There is no thinking or strategy behind it. Although there is an element here in NY that believes there is a methodology to success, yet the one who hits always seems to be the guy who buys one ticket on a whim. If you are serious about winning money consistently then the way to go is the three digit game. You will need all the results for the state your playing, a chart listing every combo, the date it hit, the number of drawings between hits, and a bankroll. Once you've determined a combos hit rate then you bet it. You also need to keep a record of the combos you play and how much, in addition to the numerous other charts pertaining to the three digit game.

I don't know about that.  I've actually heard about some pretty sound strategies for scratch games.  It mostly has to do with when you buy the tickets, how far into the roll, monitoring prizes remaining, etc. 

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                            Help eliminate computerized drawings!