Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Combine MegaMillions & Powerball? take the poll

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 8 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Would you like to see a combimed MegaMillions & Powerball?

Yes combine them [ 6 ]  [17.65%]
No don't combine them [ 28 ]  [82.35%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Seattle, WA
United States
Member #70460
February 2, 2009
1 Posts
Posted: February 2, 2009, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

I would like to see the Multistate lottery and MegaMillions combine to create a near national lottery. This new "National" lottery would reach 42 states and Washington D.C. and the U.S. Virgin Islands with a combined population of: 288,000,000 ( I went on U.S. Census site and combined the participating states).

Could you imagine the amounts of the jackpots.  I figure with Powerballs minimum $20,000,000 and MegaMillions's $12,000,000 the starting jackpot would be around $35,000,000. There could be jackpots reaching HALF A BILLION!

What do you think? Good or bad idea?

United States
    Member #58528
    February 18, 2008
    710 Posts
    Posted: February 2, 2009, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

I like having two seperate multimillion dollar lotterys.This way I get four chances a week to try my luck at winning multimillion dollar jackpots.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
      Member #28409
      December 15, 2005
      1198 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2009, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

I like having two seperate multimillion dollar lotterys.This way I get four chances a week to try my luck at winning multimillion dollar jackpots.

I Agree! you got it!

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: February 3, 2009, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I'd rather the two games stay separate.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23349 Posts
          Posted: February 3, 2009, 11:01 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
            Member #91
            January 19, 2002
            12009 Posts
            Posted: February 3, 2009, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Combine the 2 lotteries for only a HALF BILLION? 

You would double the number of players, so that means you have to double the odds.  Might as well just keep the 2 lotteries separate and increase the odds some more if you want a Half Billion jackpot. 

Bad move........

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10390 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2009, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

When Powerball aded Florida the odds jumped up considerably, if I remember right from 146 million to 1 to 194 million to one. That's with the addition of one state.

Whether you look at a combined MM / PB lottery as a 29 state game picking up 12 more states, or vice versa, I hate to think what that would do to the matrix.

I'd like to see some kind of nationwide lottery with "wider" payouts (more winners), but the lure of half a billion dollar jackpots and up is just something the lotteries use as a tool to make even more money off of the greed of a good portion of the players.

When MM picked up California, there were news articles about potential $500,000,000 jackpots. Nothing even approaching that has happened yet.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United Kingdom
                Member #67319
                November 23, 2008
                227 Posts
                Posted: February 3, 2009, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I would like to see the Multistate lottery and MegaMillions combine to create a near national lottery. This new "National" lottery would reach 42 states and Washington D.C. and the U.S. Virgin Islands with a combined population of: 288,000,000 ( I went on U.S. Census site and combined the participating states).

Could you imagine the amounts of the jackpots.  I figure with Powerballs minimum $20,000,000 and MegaMillions's $12,000,000 the starting jackpot would be around $35,000,000. There could be jackpots reaching HALF A BILLION!

Hi I think it's a bad idea it's hard enough now trying to keep up with things as they are, but I do agree with the national lottery part of it,that would put more heads together on the one lottery.

No offence my friend just an opinion.

Kind regards,

Bill....

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
                  Member #38687
                  May 3, 2006
                  315 Posts
                  Posted: February 3, 2009, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

well i don't think its an all together bad idea but I think that they should stay separate and in addition to what we already have.............add a national lottery with all states.

Going from a small state jackpot lottery to a huge national lottery without there being a "buffer" game inbetween is a little bit extreme. especially for with low population that have a hard enough time as it is getting a jackpot winner.

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3502 Posts
                    Posted: February 5, 2009, 2:40 am - IP Logged

The size of the jackpot is controlled by the odds, not by the number of people who play. The number of players only determines how fast the jackpots grow. Do you think it would make sense to also add the odds of 1 in 195 million and 1 in 175 million to get a game with odds of 1 in 370 million?

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: February 6, 2009, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I hope they combined, not only that but i hope the charge 2 dollars per ticket...

Will love to see a 700 million dollar jackpot sign on the billboard.....

will love to see a Pick5/120 for the regular balls + Pick1/70 for the bonus ball...

i'll enjoy to see peoples's faces when they pass the billboard sign...

and ironically the only line of deffense against such a game is Bigatoo101 system "-+revisited" on the mathematics forum or combining all the systems...

i pray that they combine it...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨