Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Millionaire Mega Bucks is a hit!

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Tnplayer805.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Forest Park, GA
United States
Member #70527
February 4, 2009
3 Posts
Posted: February 5, 2009, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

I won a ticket on Extreme Green 2 days ago so on my way home I stopped at kind of a seedy looking gas station to cash it in. I traded it in on another Extreme Green and won $25. I figured since I just had a winner I didn't dare buy another one, so I put 5 bucks toward the drawing that night and bought a $20 Millionaire ticket. When I got down to the third row, I hit a JUMBO, but continued to scratch as I like to save the winnings until the end. I ended up with 5 JUMBO's. Going back to the first Jumbo, I scratched of $100. I had forgotten Jumbo's were 5 times the amount and continued on to scratch the other Jumbo's. Each JUMBO had $100 underneath it. I am jumping up and down, crying, laughing and dancing screaming I won $500. Looking around this seedy place, I saw people looking at me like I had lost my mind. I handed the clerk my ticket to cash in, telling him I won $500. He put it in the machine twice, looking kind of puzzled. He handed it back to me and told me I must have won more, as the machine would not give him any cash. By that time, I had everyone in the store looking at me. I was actually the only female in the store, except for a handicapped woman who had no arms, and only metal pinchers for hands, bless her heart.

The guy behind me said " Lady, you got the JUMBO thing going on, that is 5 times the $100 times 5 JUMBO's, you won $2500!!!!! I almost wet my pants!!! I was laughing and crying at the same time. The clerk told me he couldnt cash that kind of ticket and I would have to go into Atlanta to get it cashed. I then realized I had a LONG walk to my car, parked out at the pump, and was surrounded by men, who kind of looked like hungry wolves...AKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. I looked them square in the face and said " Don't try anything, I have a gun!" Since my purse was in the car, and I had on a business suit, this must have sounded kind of ridiculous. I then, turned around, ran out the door, got in my car, LOCKED the door and sped away, looking in my rear view mirror the whole way home.

My husband who was laid off a couple of months ago was ecstatic to say the least!!! We can now finish the last 2 rooms of the house, with carpet, paint and blinds.

What a wonderful day....WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
    Member #45970
    September 1, 2006
    4763 Posts
    Posted: February 5, 2009, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations on your win!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23275 Posts
      Posted: February 5, 2009, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

I won a ticket on Extreme Green 2 days ago so on my way home I stopped at kind of a seedy looking gas station to cash it in. I traded it in on another Extreme Green and won $25. I figured since I just had a winner I didn't dare buy another one, so I put 5 bucks toward the drawing that night and bought a $20 Millionaire ticket. When I got down to the third row, I hit a JUMBO, but continued to scratch as I like to save the winnings until the end. I ended up with 5 JUMBO's. Going back to the first Jumbo, I scratched of $100. I had forgotten Jumbo's were 5 times the amount and continued on to scratch the other Jumbo's. Each JUMBO had $100 underneath it. I am jumping up and down, crying, laughing and dancing screaming I won $500. Looking around this seedy place, I saw people looking at me like I had lost my mind. I handed the clerk my ticket to cash in, telling him I won $500. He put it in the machine twice, looking kind of puzzled. He handed it back to me and told me I must have won more, as the machine would not give him any cash. By that time, I had everyone in the store looking at me. I was actually the only female in the store, except for a handicapped woman who had no arms, and only metal pinchers for hands, bless her heart.

The guy behind me said " Lady, you got the JUMBO thing going on, that is 5 times the $100 times 5 JUMBO's, you won $2500!!!!! I almost wet my pants!!! I was laughing and crying at the same time. The clerk told me he couldnt cash that kind of ticket and I would have to go into Atlanta to get it cashed. I then realized I had a LONG walk to my car, parked out at the pump, and was surrounded by men, who kind of looked like hungry wolves...AKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. I looked them square in the face and said " Don't try anything, I have a gun!" Since my purse was in the car, and I had on a business suit, this must have sounded kind of ridiculous. I then, turned around, ran out the door, got in my car, LOCKED the door and sped away, looking in my rear view mirror the whole way home.

My husband who was laid off a couple of months ago was ecstatic to say the least!!! We can now finish the last 2 rooms of the house, with carpet, paint and blinds.

What a wonderful day....WOOHOO!!!!!!!

That is a great story, congratulations on your big win!

I'd love to see the look on those guys' faces when you told them you had a gun. Eek

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Talking Rock, GA
        United States
        Member #60369
        April 15, 2008
        398 Posts
        Posted: February 5, 2009, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Wowzers.  Congrats to you!  I can imagine 5 Jumbo symbols on a single ticket looking sooooo sweet. Big Grin

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: February 5, 2009, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Very cool! Congrats on your win Sassynklassy!

Hurray!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
            North Dakota
            United States
            Member #13397
            April 5, 2005
            1623 Posts
            Posted: February 5, 2009, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

That's something new...  Usually, there is only one Jumbo sign on one ticket.  Infact, I don't ever recall getting more than one instant win symbol on any scratch off.  Congrats on your win.  Try to be a little less paranoid next time :)  Randomly screaming I have a gun in or near a public place may land you in JAIL! lol

How are you going to win if you don't play?