Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 9:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Prediction Threads here and in Pick5 Forum...MY take on it...

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 8 years ago by mymonthlypicks.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: February 6, 2009, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I like prediction threads here in the Jackpot forum and in the Pick5 forum but i notice something not right with them...Well actually nothing is wrong with them but it just that the lines limit that they impose are so small you may as well end up doing them in the LP prediction area...

Tell me how is someone suppose to predict the 5 numbers in pick5 with only 10 lines allowed? Or West Virginia Cash5 with 15 lines allow? IS TOO LITTLE...

I feel that for WV Cash25 they should let you contribute 100 to 150 lines allowed...Believe me is more enjoyable....For Powerball they should let you post at most 200-250 lines...it has what is it 190 million combinations....

And i know you are saying that it will take a lot of space: BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO WRITE ON THE LEFT SIDE COLUMN OF THE PAGE ONLY....You can write on the left side and the right side or on three columns also, thus taking less space...There is a lot of talent here in LP, i just hate to see it go to waste in 10 to 15 lines for games that have hundreds of thousands or millions of combinations...Is not been realist, how do you expect to hit Pick5, WV CAsh25 or MegaMillions with 15 lines limit...And is not enjoyable...

For instance i felt like joining the Pick5/39 and WV Cash25 prediction thread but dont' join because i feel 10 to 15 lines for those games is too little...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: February 6, 2009, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I like prediction threads here in the Jackpot forum and in the Pick5 forum but i notice something not right with them...Well actually nothing is wrong with them but it just that the lines limit that they impose are so small you may as well end up doing them in the LP prediction area...

Tell me how is someone suppose to predict the 5 numbers in pick5 with only 10 lines allowed? Or West Virginia Cash5 with 15 lines allow? IS TOO LITTLE...

I feel that for WV Cash25 they should let you contribute 100 to 150 lines allowed...Believe me is more enjoyable....For Powerball they should let you post at most 200-250 lines...it has what is it 190 million combinations....

And i know you are saying that it will take a lot of space: BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO WRITE ON THE LEFT SIDE COLUMN OF THE PAGE ONLY....You can write on the left side and the right side or on three columns also, thus taking less space...There is a lot of talent here in LP, i just hate to see it go to waste in 10 to 15 lines for games that have hundreds of thousands or millions of combinations...Is not been realist, how do you expect to hit Pick5, WV CAsh25 or MegaMillions with 15 lines limit...And is not enjoyable...

For instance i felt like joining the Pick5/39 and WV Cash25 prediction thread but dont' join because i feel 10 to 15 lines for those games is too little...

for megamillions and Powerball the best option if you can't post 200 lines the best thing to do is write "Strings of your number choice horizontally"....For instance you can say 24 number limit and you begin to write: 1,3,4,7,8......22,24. or whatever number you may like.. and write the powerball...Without wheeling them and this way you will know that if you had wheel them you will have contained all the numbers in there....

I myself did my own prediction exercise with paper and pen and allowed 50 to 100 lines and i had so much fun, so much fun that it was addictive...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1958 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2009, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I think the line limits are fine. It prevents people from using a semi-brute force method of getting hits. It makes you post predictions that were strategically picked.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: February 6, 2009, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

I think the line limits are fine. It prevents people from using a semi-brute force method of getting hits. It makes you post predictions that were strategically picked.

for you...Not everyone is an expert in predicting and some will like to participate like me...

You're right they are strategically placed but the simple sheer fact that they are small will not make you hit anything, it will take like 8 drawings for you to hit something, while with the other method you may hit something more often even if is semi-brute force....

and you will know that the point if you are going to use small strategic combinations is to get small strategic combinations and repeat the scenario over and over...Something you all don't do....you all just repeat it one time...

mymonthlypicks's avatar - spider
          Virginia Beach,Va
          United States
          Member #65378
          September 25, 2008
          1180 Posts
          Posted: February 6, 2009, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

for you...Not everyone is an expert in predicting and some will like to participate like me...

You're right they are strategically placed but the simple sheer fact that they are small will not make you hit anything, it will take like 8 drawings for you to hit something, while with the other method you may hit something more often even if is semi-brute force....

and you will know that the point if you are going to use small strategic combinations is to get small strategic combinations and repeat the scenario over and over...Something you all don't do....you all just repeat it one time...

I'm just wondering how much you spend in real cash each drawing I just don't think you would put 20 dollars on each drawing so whats the problem.

If OBAMA'S The ANSWER

How STUPID was the QUESTION?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: February 8, 2009, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Pumpi76 you said that those prediction threads aren't right. How so? There isn't a right or wrong way to have your prediction threads go. Some people feel that 5-20 lines per game is enough and it gives a more realistic play at the game. Some people may want more lines and that is ok too. If one doesn't like the rules imposed on a certain thread, then start one that allows for more lines.

As for my opinion, I agree with Guru. I like threads that have a limit. I don't want to see 100's of lines. To me, that isn't realistic to what most people can play per game. At least for me it isn't. I want to see that there is a chance for a game to be won with a realistic amount of lines.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Virginia Beach,Va
              United States
              Member #65378
              September 25, 2008
              1180 Posts
              Posted: February 8, 2009, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi76 you said that those prediction threads aren't right. How so? There isn't a right or wrong way to have your prediction threads go. Some people feel that 5-20 lines per game is enough and it gives a more realistic play at the game. Some people may want more lines and that is ok too. If one doesn't like the rules imposed on a certain thread, then start one that allows for more lines.

As for my opinion, I agree with Guru. I like threads that have a limit. I don't want to see 100's of lines. To me, that isn't realistic to what most people can play per game. At least for me it isn't. I want to see that there is a chance for a game to be won with a realistic amount of lines.

I agree 100%, However I stood in Line a few months ago and this guy played over 1000 Dollars on a Powerball Drawing . I don't know how he Did but Their were no Jackpot Winners that Day and their was no 5+0 winners in NC for that Drawing, I don't know how people do it.

If OBAMA'S The ANSWER

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19894 Posts
                Posted: February 8, 2009, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

I agree 100%, However I stood in Line a few months ago and this guy played over 1000 Dollars on a Powerball Drawing . I don't know how he Did but Their were no Jackpot Winners that Day and their was no 5+0 winners in NC for that Drawing, I don't know how people do it.

That doesn't surprise me.  People who buy more than a $100 worth of lottery tickets usually buy quick picks.  When you consider a small state will sell at least $50,000 worth of PB tickets when the jackpot is high and not have a 5+0 winner in the state, why would any one think their chances of getting a 5+0 be any better if they spent a $1000.

If anyone has a strategy for buying $1000 worth of lottery tickets I would be interested in how they pick their combinations.  Before I retired, I and some of my co-workers had a strategy for buying $500 worth of tickets of the local lottery and the worst part was making out the 100 playslips.  We played 500 different combinations that had never matched four or more of the previous winners and all we got was a couple of match threes.

Three or four days between drawings is not much time to pick a thousand combinations based on a strategy and make out the playslips.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                  Member #13130
                  March 30, 2005
                  2171 Posts
                  Posted: February 8, 2009, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

If you look at the "Experiment" threads posted by Luminus, in the pick 5 section, you'll find just such long lists

Experiment #34 (5/39 – NY – 04/23/2008)

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/173894/1019023

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                  Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19894 Posts
                    Posted: February 9, 2009, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

If you look at the "Experiment" threads posted by Luminus, in the pick 5 section, you'll find just such long lists

Experiment #34 (5/39 – NY – 04/23/2008)

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/173894/1019023

In his experiment, Luminus picked 85 lines without mentioning a strategy.  That's almost like a player just buying $85 worth of tickets and hoping to get lucky.

Evil Looking       

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                      Member #91
                      January 19, 2002
                      12006 Posts
                      Posted: February 9, 2009, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

The beauty of LP is that you can start your own prediction Thread, set up your own rules and see who joins you.  You can moderate your own Thread.  Just your rules.....

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Virginia Beach,Va
                        United States
                        Member #65378
                        September 25, 2008
                        1180 Posts
                        Posted: February 9, 2009, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

In his experiment, Luminus picked 85 lines without mentioning a strategy.  That's almost like a player just buying $85 worth of tickets and hoping to get lucky.

If you really look at it You may think you have a strategy but really their isn't any strategy at all that works. Ok say yours does if so why are you still working and I know if your not working its not because of the Lottery unless you wrote books or something Similar,

If OBAMA'S The ANSWER

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19894 Posts
                          Posted: February 9, 2009, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

If you really look at it You may think you have a strategy but really their isn't any strategy at all that works. Ok say yours does if so why are you still working and I know if your not working its not because of the Lottery unless you wrote books or something Similar,

I don't work but it's not because I've won a lottery.  I retired from a factory that had a 30 yrs. and out retirement plan after working there 32 years.

When I speak of a strategy I'm talking about the logic a player use to pick combinations to play.  Some players buy quick picks figuring it doesn't matter while other players use hot, cold, overdue and  birthday numbers with wheels and etc. to come up with combinations, this is what I mean by a strategy.  The fact that none of them seem to work doesn't mean they aren't strategies.

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5142 Posts
                            Posted: February 9, 2009, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

The beauty of LP is that you can start your own prediction Thread, set up your own rules and see who joins you.  You can moderate your own Thread.  Just your rules.....

BUTT>>>>>>>>& WE ALL know their is a BUT^^

out DARE>>>>>"SUMWHERE???????????????????

if U can't produce a "WINNER" U-R a "NOBOBY"!!!!!

RIGHT:

BUTT & IF UR a DEMOCRAT & U kan pass a "TAX"

2 all D pur little people>>>> UR "SOMEBOBY"!!!!!

who will CONTROL ALL D "PEOPLE"!!!!

HELL "little people" EXPECT UR CHECK

IN D MAIL S@@N>>>>>>>>>>"R"

EXPECT U HAVE been "ROBBED"!!

LOL

psykomo

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5142 Posts
                              Posted: February 9, 2009, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

BUTT>>>>>>>>& WE ALL know their is a BUT^^

out DARE>>>>>"SUMWHERE???????????????????

if U can't produce a "WINNER" U-R a "NOBOBY"!!!!!

RIGHT:

BUTT & IF UR a DEMOCRAT & U kan pass a "TAX"

2 all D pur little people>>>> UR "SOMEBOBY"!!!!!

who will CONTROL ALL D "PEOPLE"!!!!

HELL "little people" EXPECT UR CHECK

IN D MAIL S@@N>>>>>>>>>>"R"

EXPECT U HAVE been "ROBBED"!!

LOL

psykomo

translation:

go 4-D JACKPOT$$$$$$$$

"NOW">>>>>>$$$$$$$$

"don't wait fer CHK-N-"mail"!!!!!!!

Mail For YouBedMail For YouBedMail For YouBedMail For YouAgree with stupid

LOL

PSYKOMO