Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Printing Lottery forms at home on inkjet or laser

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 8 years ago by dvdiva.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tdempsey's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #3480
January 24, 2004
51 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2009, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Hi!

I managed to set up a few cheaper printers to print the black squares on my lottery forms. It is sometimes hit or miss since the forms may move during printing.

Does anyone know of a reasonable printer device for WinXP that can print lottery slips easily and effectively. I can program the code to position the squares in PHP/MySQL - or wonder if there is a cheap systems available.

I assume there is a flat-feed device that would handle this.

Cheers!

Tom Dempsey 

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
    Member #38687
    May 3, 2006
    315 Posts
    Posted: February 11, 2009, 12:01 am - IP Logged

just curious ............but why would you wanna do that when the play slips are given away free at any lottery retailer?

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

scarborough maine
      United States
      Member #59137
      March 7, 2008
      69 Posts
      Posted: February 11, 2009, 10:05 am - IP Logged

i think he is talking about putting the betslips into the printer then printing the numbers he picks on them. i tried it when i was wheeling some numbers and it worked a few times.  I use lotto pro and on there website they have a file you can download to help with setting your printer up. its faster than sitting their filling out all those bet slips.

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
        CT
        United States
        Member #61398
        May 21, 2008
        781 Posts
        Posted: February 11, 2009, 10:06 am - IP Logged

just curious ............but why would you wanna do that when the play slips are given away free at any lottery retailer?

I believe he is talking about filling out the play slips, not printing them from scratch.  If you play large amounts of numbers, filling out slips can take hours. 

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
          Dallas, TX
          United States
          Member #60284
          April 12, 2008
          3856 Posts
          Posted: February 11, 2009, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Have you try placing the slips horizontally? I like using this idea when printing over 20,000 slips.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: February 11, 2009, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

There are several lottery softwares that are said to allow betslip printing, there also used to be stand alone software, just a very few of them, they might not be there anymore, I don't know.

Some have free versions that can be used forever and can print on betslips.

You can try Expert Lotto or what-ever the right name is, but there are others

As to a good printer for betslips (hardware), I don't know, they warn people not to use laser printers cause the stuff (ink) can stick or something to lottery terminals, I don't know if that is true or not.

I do know that a lot of stuff (paper dust) from the betslips ends-up inside the lottery terminals, maybe the laser ink just makes things worse inside there, I don't know.

I would think that any printer would work good enough, otherwise maybe test laser printers.

So long as the lottery retailers let you use those betslips, if not, find one that will, some will want your business, no matter what the lottery says to them.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: February 11, 2009, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Have you try placing the slips horizontally? I like using this idea when printing over 20,000 slips.

How long did it take you to run them at a terminal?  I was with a group that once played 100 slips and I thought that was a lot.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #3480
                January 24, 2004
                51 Posts
                Posted: February 11, 2009, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Yes - I am trying to print on the betslip.

I have been using an several top-feed inkjet printers for over a year and it works great - the the fact to have to line up the slips perfectly can become an issue. 90% print well and the others are off-mark.

I don't see inkjet-printed tickets harming a lottery machine and the retailers are usually very impressed with the neatness.

But like I said - some tickets slip because most printers are designed for 8.5. I have considered horizontal printing but have not tested it.

My goal is a dedicated piece of hardware where the slip fits snugly and always prints correctly.

Cheers!

Tom Dempsey

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                  West Side of Sunny Florida
                  United States
                  Member #55048
                  September 8, 2007
                  3371 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2009, 7:28 am - IP Logged

How long did it take you to run them at a terminal?  I was with a group that once played 100 slips and I thought that was a lot.

Wholy Crap, 100!! If I run 3 or 4 slips at a time people behind me get mad and start huffing!! And then if one slip doesn't go through.... I have to take the slip back and go to the back of the line and try again.   

I also have had strange things happen to the slips such as a drop of water in the wrong spot or a crease in the slip once caused the slip to print out my numbers for the entire week when I only wanted it for the day. 

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #4924
                    June 3, 2004
                    5912 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2009, 7:54 am - IP Logged

I use Lotto Pro and never had any problems printing or with lottery terminals. I enter the play slips lengthwise.  

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
                      Member #45970
                      September 1, 2006
                      4763 Posts
                      Posted: February 12, 2009, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Lotto Pro is one of the best lottery slip printng softwares available IMHO. I've used it for years now and have never had any problems with it.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2009, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Wholy Crap, 100!! If I run 3 or 4 slips at a time people behind me get mad and start huffing!! And then if one slip doesn't go through.... I have to take the slip back and go to the back of the line and try again.   

I also have had strange things happen to the slips such as a drop of water in the wrong spot or a crease in the slip once caused the slip to print out my numbers for the entire week when I only wanted it for the day. 

"if one slip doesn't go through.... I have to take the slip back and go to the back of the line and try again."  

Sounds like your lottery terminal is run by the SoupNazi. Green laugh

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Atlanta, GA
                          United States
                          Member #3480
                          January 24, 2004
                          51 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2009, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

I tend to split them into groups of 40-50 slips per store and hit stores that are slower.

Or leave them at the store and stop back later. But I don't mind waiting.

Tom Dempsey

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                            Member #2338
                            September 17, 2003
                            2063 Posts
                            Posted: February 14, 2009, 1:54 am - IP Logged

Using machine filled out slips is illegal in many states. It can disqualify you from collecting the prize. Just an FYI.