Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Don't you feel the same way i do: Scratchoff and Lotteries...

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 8 years ago by copper2.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: February 15, 2009, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Don't you feel that Lotteries should be for less than 40 million dollars and scratchoffs main jackpot should be for 100 plus millions of dollars...

I feel that scratchoffs should offer also 1 or 2 million additional besides the grand prize but i feel that scratchoffs should be for 150 million, or 125 million or 200 million or 300 million dollar prizes while the lottery should be for less than 30 million dollars jackpots prizes....

That should be what differentiate both types of games...

if a scratchoff gives a 200 million dollar jackpot it will replace 20 types of scratchoffs that pay 10 million dollars, plus a 200 million dollar scratchoff will sell...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
    The Great Smoky Mountains
    United States
    Member #59921
    March 31, 2008
    266 Posts
    Posted: February 16, 2009, 12:05 am - IP Logged

I Agree!Haha i dont see that happening in Tennessee. We have a new twenty dollar scratch off top prize 1 million dollars      BUT theres only 20 top prizes out of millions and millions of tickets printed. But yeah that would be cool.

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2009, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I've have noticed a Pattern with lotteries and Scratchoffs....LOtteries which play more frequently and are played across states and are cheaper in price strive to make winners win big chunks and have less 1 million dollars winners...While scratchoffs which have higher odds than megamillions and winners win like every 4 month strive to have many 1 million dollars winners and none 100 million dollars winners....

it should be backwards but is an observation...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
        North Dakota
        United States
        Member #13397
        April 5, 2005
        1623 Posts
        Posted: March 21, 2009, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

I think if scratch offs allowed such prizes it would likely be a flop.  What keeps players coming back for more and more is the lower prizes.  Yes, everyone dreams of hitting the top prize but most are happy with a lower prize hit also. 

Also, there would have to be over 100 million tickets printed (assuming the ticket price was $20+)  At times, lotteries have to suspend sales on some tickets because players lose interest in those particular tickets. If players don't respond, they would have to stop selling them possibly throwing out millions of tickets they had to pay to print.  This would lose money for the lottery.  Remember, it's a business game also.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

United States
          Member #62741
          July 7, 2008
          601 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2009, 7:47 am - IP Logged

No Doubt! C2