Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who know a thing or two about the POWERBALL ticket?

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 8 years ago by BORGUSX.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Eden Prairie, MN
United States
Member #49875
February 18, 2007
63 Posts
Posted: February 15, 2009, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Well,if you guys ever notice that there are lines of numbers besides the NUMBERS THAT YOU CHOOSE on the ticket,but I only been able to idenify two lines of numbers in which they are linked to the location that you purchase the POWERBALL ticket from.  Since,every single time I go to the same location,these two lines of numbers that I look at is always the same.  Then,there are other lines of numbers that I don't know what they are,but if you do know,then please tell!

Kaptainess's avatar - hiro bird.jpg

United States
    Member #63356
    July 26, 2008
    1427 Posts
    Posted: February 15, 2009, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Well,if you guys ever notice that there are lines of numbers besides the NUMBERS THAT YOU CHOOSE on the ticket,but I only been able to idenify two lines of numbers in which they are linked to the location that you purchase the POWERBALL ticket from.  Since,every single time I go to the same location,these two lines of numbers that I look at is always the same.  Then,there are other lines of numbers that I don't know what they are,but if you do know,then please tell!

There are a set of numbers to your PowerBall ticket that are generated by the system to identify that particular ticket in order to pay you.  Yeah, one set would be to identify where you played, the other set would be the PowerBall State Number for that ticket only. 

When the numbers are posted for the Powerball in Pa they post how many winners are from PA but not other states and the next jackpot.  That is the only indication that I have that they jackpot was won by the next jackpot if it is reset or if it increases.  They could do better, but why if no one complains.  Complain and they will tell you no one else complains, but you really don't know if anyone else is complaining because you can't access that information.

I hope I have cleared this matter up for you so you can relax, unwind, and HIT THE BIG ONE!

Why not join us for the lotto chat on Sundays and chat up a storm with all the rest of us?  Only happens once a week and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  Lots of info to soak up.

Kaptainess

Eden Prairie, MN
      United States
      Member #49875
      February 18, 2007
      63 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2009, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Whenever the official POWERBALL wesite states that there are how many players that played for the drawing such as 934,037 players won more than $9.5 million in prizes. 

Is the amount of players based on the amount of individual ticket slip(s) or for instance,you purchase 3 individual slip(s),does the person at the counter enter "1" as for 1 person or the lottery machine counts it as 3 people?

Whenver you hand in a POWERBALL fill out form with the filled numbers,does the person each type the number into the lottery machine or does the worker slide the form through a slot to get it scanned?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: March 1, 2009, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Those figures represent the numbers of lines played, not the number of people who bought them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Eden Prairie, MN
          United States
          Member #49875
          February 18, 2007
          63 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2009, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Do you need to fill out the play slip or can you just hand a list of numbers to the cashier?

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2009, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Do you need to fill out the play slip or can you just hand a list of numbers to the cashier?

The play slip is the best way to list your numbers. Everyone will be happier.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
              ORLANDO, FLORIDA
              United States
              Member #4924
              June 3, 2004
              5912 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2009, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

It's safer for you to fill out a playslip. If a cashier prints out a ticket for you with the wrong numbers, you still buy the ticket. They can't be canceled!!

Eden Prairie, MN
                United States
                Member #49875
                February 18, 2007
                63 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2009, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

1.I thought that if the cashier prints out the ticket and you don't want it,then they just have to leave the ticket at the store until someone buy the unwanted ticket,so am I wrong?

2.The cashier cannot make me buy the ticket if I don't want to,right?

3.If I didn't use a play slip,then the cashier has to punch in each number individually or how does that work?

4.Do they just scan the play slip into the terminal,since they do it so quickly after you hand the play slip in?

Eden Prairie, MN
                  United States
                  Member #49875
                  February 18, 2007
                  63 Posts
                  Posted: March 7, 2009, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Bump!

1.What are the numbers on the ticket slip such as 947-062727948-1210-32 and 023024 each represent?  I just think that the number "32" respresents the state that I buy the ticket from,since I have brought tickets from different stores,but all of the ticket has the last 2 digits which is "32" [The last two digits are from the first row of numbers that you see it has 18 digits in total which is separated by "-" into 4 sections!]

2.What is A1 and A2 from the back of the play slip represent? 

3.What is MN-9004 and RMF 1519148 from the back of the play slip represent?  I assume that the MN respresent Minnesota,since I got the play slips in Minnesota!

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7322 Posts
                    Posted: March 9, 2009, 11:43 am - IP Logged

1.I thought that if the cashier prints out the ticket and you don't want it,then they just have to leave the ticket at the store until someone buy the unwanted ticket,so am I wrong?

2.The cashier cannot make me buy the ticket if I don't want to,right?

3.If I didn't use a play slip,then the cashier has to punch in each number individually or how does that work?

4.Do they just scan the play slip into the terminal,since they do it so quickly after you hand the play slip in?

"1.I thought that if the cashier prints out the ticket and you don't want it,then they just have to leave the ticket at the store until someone buy the unwanted ticket,so am I wrong?"

Some people will ask for QPs, look at the combos and will say they don't want them but since they got exactly what they asked for, it depends on if the clerk can cancel the tickets or believes someone else will buy them. Once an Ohio Mega Millions ticket is printed it can't be cancel so those tickets are yours. An exception would be if you used a play slip and the machine printed out another set of combos.

Eden Prairie, MN
                      United States
                      Member #49875
                      February 18, 2007
                      63 Posts
                      Posted: March 12, 2009, 8:55 am - IP Logged

Does anyone know where you can check out the jackpot amount,jackpot cash value,the amount of players,and the amount of money that people across the nation won from past POWERBALL drawings?

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                        Member #48046
                        December 7, 2006
                        1699 Posts
                        Posted: March 12, 2009, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

There's a Powerball web-site, somewhere,    click, over on the left,  on winning numbers,

then click on winners,    you can select any draw you want,  any state,

any draw, any anything.

Eden Prairie, MN
                          United States
                          Member #49875
                          February 18, 2007
                          63 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2009, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

I was wondering about the rule if you can keep your winning ticket or not?  Since,I think if a winning ticket get scanned then it would disable something on or in the ticket.

1.Am I wrong?

2.I got my winnings before from a ticket,but I didn't get a receipt,so there is not a good chance that I cannot get my receipt,right since it has been since January that I got my winning?

3.If there wasn't any play slip left at the store,can the clerk just punch in the numbers to print off a ticket then?

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                            Beautiful Florida
                            United States
                            Member #5709
                            July 18, 2004
                            20124 Posts
                            Posted: April 6, 2009, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

I was wondering about the rule if you can keep your winning ticket or not?  Since,I think if a winning ticket get scanned then it would disable something on or in the ticket.

1.Am I wrong?

2.I got my winnings before from a ticket,but I didn't get a receipt,so there is not a good chance that I cannot get my receipt,right since it has been since January that I got my winning?

3.If there wasn't any play slip left at the store,can the clerk just punch in the numbers to print off a ticket then?

Go to the top of this page, look left and click on " USA Mega ", This should answer most of your questions..

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Eden Prairie, MN
                              United States
                              Member #49875
                              February 18, 2007
                              63 Posts
                              Posted: April 8, 2009, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Why do some POWERBALL tickets has a headline such as "1 Northstar Cash" ticket won $58,000 on April 3,check your ticket while some POWERBALL tickets do not have any headline.  How is the tickets are setup before they are numbers printed on them?