Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how well would this work for pick-6?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 8 years ago by martyjb.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tokyo
Japan
Member #71163
February 20, 2009
5 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2009, 7:37 am - IP Logged

Rolleyes
if the odds of getting all 6 numbers in your group if you pick, say, 20 numbers, are pretty descent, how about playing those same 20 numbers in well mixed combos, not split wheels, for an extended period of time? maybe say for a year or two. how would i do?

tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
    The Great Smoky Mountains
    United States
    Member #59921
    March 31, 2008
    266 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2009, 11:27 am - IP Logged

You might do ok with that. Or with just quickpicks.

A wheel is only going to work if you have the right numbers picked everytime to get at least 3of 5 or 4of 6 or jackpot if lined up right. Its your money. I would play those sets on a trail basics.

UPGRADE your membership so you can use the wheel system and predict your number combos on here and give it a try.

This is a fun place with very cool people on here. Ive made alot of friends on here. And if you need help theres always a helping hand around.

Good Luck

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2009, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Play birthdays and birth years and QP's..cheaper.........QP's are best..

tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
        The Great Smoky Mountains
        United States
        Member #59921
        March 31, 2008
        266 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2009, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Alot of times I will use my street number,or B-days. favotrite restaurant address. street signs. I come up with some crazy numbers but do well with them sometimes try that

Pick 3- 269-314-559-491

pick4- 1022-9701-4438-1034

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
          Dallas, TX
          United States
          Member #60284
          April 12, 2008
          3856 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2009, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Rolleyes
          if the odds of getting all 6 numbers in your group if you pick, say, 20 numbers, are pretty descent, how about playing those same 20 numbers in well mixed combos, not split wheels, for an extended period of time? maybe say for a year or two. how would i do?

How many lines are you playing with 20 wheeled numbers? The total combinations for wheeling 6 numbers using 20, is 1 in 38,760.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3102 Posts
            Posted: February 21, 2009, 1:33 am - IP Logged

Rolleyes

If you are playing a 6/49 game wheeling 20 numbers the odds of having all 6 winning numbers among the 20 is 1 in 360.

If you go to http://www.lotto-logix.com/wheellinks.html there is a lottery odds calculator.   

Drawn numbers: In this case 20 we're fooling the calculator to see the wheel as the amount of numbers drawn.

Game size: 49, enter something different if your game is a different size.

Matching: 6 numbers, what we're after but interesting to see chance of matching a smaller prize with the same wheel size.

When we calculate the odds we get 1 in 360.77 so the odds aren't all that good considering you'd have to play the wheel 361 times for one shot at a jackpot having all six winning numbers among those you are playing.  Of course 1 in 361 is one heck of a lot better than 1 in 13.9 million and you can improve on that by picking winning numbers.  Most players make the mistake of picking losing numbers, don't do that!  

BobP

tokyo
              Japan
              Member #71163
              February 20, 2009
              5 Posts
              Posted: February 21, 2009, 8:41 am - IP Logged

thank you for all the good advice. i'm playing 32 games with a wheel i got from BobP at lotto logix. 1 in 300 something sounds better than worse. i tried making my own wheels where all numbers touch each other at least once. takes time to do.

martyjb

tokyo
                Japan
                Member #71163
                February 20, 2009
                5 Posts
                Posted: February 21, 2009, 8:43 am - IP Logged

oh, that was Bob P!! thanks again. i love your articles. read them more than once just to make sure i didn't miss anything!

mjb