Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Programming Forum or Source Code Forum

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
The Quantum Master
West Concord, MN
United States
Member #21
December 7, 2001
3684 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2009, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

How about a Programming Forum or Source Code Forum?

Some place where those of us who like to program can post Source Code Only in various Languages (.NET, VB, C, C++, C#, Java, HTML, Basic, etc.). I'd like to post some code but the math forum just doesn't seem like the best place, nor do the systems and discusion forums. Again, this would be Source Code Only, not a fully complied program.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
Knowledge is Beyond Belief
Wisdom is Not Censored
Douglas Paul Smallish
Jehocifer

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23353 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2009, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

How about a Programming Forum or Source Code Forum?

Some place where those of us who like to program can post Source Code Only in various Languages (.NET, VB, C, C++, C#, Java, HTML, Basic, etc.). I'd like to post some code but the math forum just doesn't seem like the best place, nor do the systems and discusion forums. Again, this would be Source Code Only, not a fully complied program.

The best place to post that kind of thing would be your blog.

There have been lots of suggestions over the past several months for various non-lottery forums, and I think the best way to handle that is going to be by using Pumpi's suggestion of a "blog forum" (for lack of a a better phrase).

That will allow people to post non-lottery entries without feeling that they "slip off the radar screen" too quickly.  It will also add even more benefit (visiblility and integration) for those who choose to blog here, rather than using an external blogging engine.

That should also make the comments a little more visible and integrated with the original entry.

There are still a number of design elements to work out, so it will not happen tomorrow, and I also have to work out difference between premium blogs and standard blogs, and solve some issues there too.

At least you can blog today knowing that at some point it will get additional exposure.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!