Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball vs. Mega Millions...its a race!

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 8 years ago by chasingadream.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2009, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Powerball has consistantly been ahead of Mega Millions this twin run so far in the advertised annuity jackpot.  MM has been ahead on the cash option for a long time time now.  The next drawing though the Mega Millions jackpot will be advertised as more.  I mean look how close they are now they there is a $21 Million dollar different in the cash option.  Those graduated annuities really helped out Powerball's numbers didn't they.

Sales are hugely different as well.  Last drawing sales for Mega Millions was around $47M while PowerBall was only $33M.  We should see Mega Millions get ahead quickly after the next drawing.

Brad

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
    Dallas, TX
    United States
    Member #60284
    April 12, 2008
    3856 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2009, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

No doubt Mega Millions will accelerate in the jackpot increase. While it have many of the populated states vs Powerball states. Slow start at first, but after it reaches 100M+ it will sky rocket. :P

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2009, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

Some players are in a race with the games themselves trying to win while the jackpots are $100M+ while others still wait on the side lines for the jackpots to get even bigger before buying a ticket.

If the games are won this week-end, they will be the ones saying, the games aren't what they use to be, I remember when the jackpots would get big, $200M  or more.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

mschana-GA's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        ATL, GA
        United States
        Member #64657
        September 3, 2008
        12 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2009, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Hi I'm newbie here in LP its a pleasure to come across this site. I totally respect everyone opinion here in LP. I Learn alot from all the lottery player who been  doing alot of searching and giving all the advice in how to win..I myself understand how everyone feels. I tell myself that if I don't win the mega million on friday night drawing I will give it a break for a while until it reach $100 mil. Due to the financial and lost of job...I guess everyone want to be in the same page but its not easy as we thought...

Best of luck to all the LP...!!!Lep

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
          Member #38687
          May 3, 2006
          315 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2009, 1:21 am - IP Logged

i was wondering if anyone else noticed this too......i have been watching it since "the race" started.

I favor MM.......I know that MM cash option makes PB cash look like chump change....lol

Could you imagine what PB annuity would look like if it didn't have graduated payments? It would really be struggling. Now could you imagine what MM current jackpot would be if it were on a graduated payment plan? I think it would be somewhere around 220mill right now. MM still has a few cards stashed away that it could play in a pinch that would totally eclipse the PB. I can't wait to see how this "race" ends.

Which one do you think will win the race?

Do you think one of them will go above 300mill?

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot