Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

instant messenger

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Prov1x.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
stribman's avatar - chi
georgia
United States
Member #65527
September 28, 2008
417 Posts
Posted: March 4, 2009, 9:51 am - IP Logged

I would like to see something like the instant messenger , on Yahoo, where you could make a buddie list, add and remove friends, see when someone on line, and chat instantly, Perhaps you could offer it to premium members. It would allow folks to get togather and chat about there picks for the day.

trulyblessed's avatar - yocco
    Durham, North Carolina
    United States
    Member #58710
    February 23, 2008
    6868 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2009, 10:15 am - IP Logged

I would like to see something like the instant messenger , on Yahoo, where you could make a buddie list, add and remove friends, see when someone on line, and chat instantly, Perhaps you could offer it to premium members. It would allow folks to get togather and chat about there picks for the day.

That would be awesome!!!!! That would make alot of people get the premium membership too!! I keep mine but I would love to see that. Maybe that or the ability to chat everyday in the chat rooms. Instant messenger would be even better!!!

Lovies

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
      Member #45970
      September 1, 2006
      4763 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2009, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Yes. At the very least give us the ability to create a "buddy list" so that we can see when our favorite members are online. Even if we don't have instant messaging, we can still communicate via PM's.

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
        Member #48046
        December 7, 2006
        1699 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2009, 10:17 am - IP Logged

I want  ScaryChick  on my buddie list.    (if we get it).Jack-in-the-Box

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
          Member #48046
          December 7, 2006
          1699 Posts
          Posted: March 6, 2009, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

I also want psyko-mo,   and,   bytheshore,   on mine.

Clown boing

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23277 Posts
            Posted: March 6, 2009, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

Everyone already has a "buddy list".  It's called "Favorite Members".  Click on a person's name, and then select "Add <member> as a Favorite".

I built Favorites with the intention of doing exactly what you're all talking about -- seeing when they're online, getting notification of their posts and blogs, etc.  I just haven't had the time to build it! 

Edit: You can always see and edit your Favorites by clicking My Favorites in the Members menu.  You can also see someone else's Favorites by clicking their name, then selecting "See <member's> shared favorites".  (If they share their list.)

Chat, on the other hand, does exist -- on Sunday nights.  It has been suggested multiple times, but because it never attracts many people, I have not put energy (or money) into it.

Is there another community-type site (like Lottery Post, but not necessarily just lottery-type sites) you've seen that implements a forum + chat like you're envisioning?  At the very least, I will look into it to understand what people find useful.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

stribman's avatar - chi
              georgia
              United States
              Member #65527
              September 28, 2008
              417 Posts
              Posted: March 11, 2009, 11:22 am - IP Logged

I use the favorites list, though it a little hard to rember where it is. A lot of times I think someone just likes to chat, about what they think, and really dont want to post it in a forum. And I am sure the rest of the states are not interested in what we think going to hit in ga. I suspose we could just get togather and share our yahoo identiy's for the ones who would like to form a club.

stribman

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23277 Posts
                Posted: March 11, 2009, 11:29 am - IP Logged

I use the favorites list, though it a little hard to rember where it is. A lot of times I think someone just likes to chat, about what they think, and really dont want to post it in a forum. And I am sure the rest of the states are not interested in what we think going to hit in ga. I suspose we could just get togather and share our yahoo identiy's for the ones who would like to form a club.

stribman

You don't need a feature at Lottery Post to do that.  I wouldn't want to re-invent the wheel -- there are already some really great chat programs and services available from many sources for people to communicate privately.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                  Member #62164
                  June 19, 2008
                  1217 Posts
                  Posted: March 11, 2009, 11:41 am - IP Logged

More people should get Yahoo messenger or AIM.. I talk to several people on yahoo and it is a lot easier then sending private messages back and forth.