Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 6:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA Match 6 lotto ending?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 8 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2009, 3:58 am - IP Logged

I seen on my ticket "last draw March 10th all prizes will go to lower tier if not won." Is the game ending or being replaced? Does this mean all of the current jackpot will be divided up to all the lower tier winners? Is another game replacing it? I did not see anything on the site though yet. I won quite a bit over the years through lower tier prizes, and had 4 of 6 several times. I think Lucky For Life Lotto should come back, but for at least $1,000 a week for life not $3,000 a month. (6 of 38)

I am not too upset with this, I liked getting some money back once in awhile, but it was pretty frustrating never winning anything substantial. I also disliked the $2 price tag, even for LFL as well. It seems as though $2 games never last too long. Is Mix and Match next? I play that once in awhile as well, and have yet to win anything over $20. The most I got are 3 numbers with one or two in the correct order. Guess I will have to go big on the Match 6 last draw. Lep

jojosurf's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    phila pa
    United States
    Member #25770
    November 11, 2005
    4704 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2009, 5:40 am - IP Logged

yes  if jackpot is not won on the 10th it will be divided out to any other winning  tier combinations there is talk that they are going to replace this game with a super 7 lotto game

hot pa numbers day 326 329  179 417 446  st and box .night  445 446 258 714 215 250 586 023 444 000 999 114 thes numbers are due

good luck

jojo surf

PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: March 6, 2009, 7:40 am - IP Logged

PENNSYLVANIA LOTTERY INTRODUCES NEW GAME FEATURING $1 MILLION STARTING JACKPOT

Super 7 Will Replace Match 6 Lotto on Tuesday, Friday Evenings

"MIDDLETOWN – March 5, 2009 - Next week, the Pennsylvania Lottery will introduce Super 7, a new $2 terminal-based game offering an annuity jackpot that begins at $1 million and continues to grow until it is won.

Super 7 will replace Match 6 Lotto in the Pennsylvania Lottery’s Tuesday and Friday evening drawing shows at 7 p.m.  Super 7 tickets go on sale Wednesday, March 11.  The first Super 7 drawing will be conducted Friday, March 13.

“Match 6 Lotto had a great five-year run,” said Ed Trees, Lottery’s executive director.  “However, lottery players enjoy new games and Lottery accommodates by keeping its game lineup fresh.  This time we’re bringing back an old favorite game from the late 1980s with Super 7, but with a few new twists.”

To play Super 7, players choose seven numbers from one to 77, or use the quick-pick, computer-selection method.  To win the Super 7 jackpot, players must match seven of the 11 numbers drawn.

Players who prefer the cash jackpot must select the “cash” payout option at the point of purchase; if no such election is made, the jackpot will be paid as an annuity.  Besides the jackpot, players can win cash prizes by matching six, five, four or three winning numbers.  Super 7 tickets may be purchased up to 13 weeks (26 draws) in advance.  Odds of winning the Super 7 jackpot are 1-in-7,287,298.  The overall odds of winning a Super 7 prize are 1-in-20.2. 

Match 6 Lotto debuted Jan. 28, 2004.  The final Match 6 Lotto drawing will be conducted Tuesday, March 10.  If the final Match 6 Lotto jackpot is not won, the amount of the jackpot will be rolled down into the game’s lower-tier prizes.  The proportion of money added to each of the 10 lower prize tiers will be based on the percentage of prize money normally awarded in each of the lower tiers.  All winners will receive allocations from the jackpot rolldown.

“The final Match 6 Lotto drawing could be a great opportunity for lower-tier Match 6 winners to cash in on a piece of the jackpot,” said Trees.

The largest Match 6 Lotto jackpot, $5,858,436 cash, less 25 percent federal withholding, was won by a York County man who matched all six winning numbers in the May 3, 2005, drawing. As of Feb. 10, there have been 49 Match 6 jackpot prize winners. During its five-year run, Match 6 logged more than 55.8 million winning experiences worth $281.6 million."

You were right. I intend to "cash in" big on tonight's and Tuesday's draw. Lep

Another $2 game kinda sucks. But these days that might just be safer than investing in banks. 77 numbers is not that great of odds, even if 11 numbers are drawn. Will be interesting to see how quickly the jackpot builds up. However I believe that the $2.00 price tag will keep sales down A LOT more than a $1.00 price tag would. I would buy a lot more at $1.00 than I would at $2.00. But it is good to see some changes from the same old games, or bringing back older ones with "new twists."

I like that it starts at $1 millions dollars, but they should make that after taxes because it is actually about $750,000. Nonetheless I won't complain about winning anything over a million, annuity or cash. Both have their advantages and weaknesses. You can earn far more interest with a high cash value, but an annuity is pretty much guranteed long-term money, and more of it if you invest or save it wisely. But at least you can choose cash or annuity, however they should just offer both like the powerball. It is stupid to make you choose before you buy the ticket.

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
        Atlantic Mine, Michigan
        United States
        Member #416
        June 23, 2002
        1614 Posts
        Posted: March 7, 2009, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Anyone live in PA?  If there is no Match 6 winner on Tuesday all that money (over $900,000) will rolldown to the lower prizes.  I want some tickets!  haha

Brad

PA
          United States
          Member #22983
          October 6, 2005
          2226 Posts
          Posted: March 7, 2009, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Um yes I do. I hope to make it easy for everyone and just win the jackpot. Smile

jojosurf's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            phila pa
            United States
            Member #25770
            November 11, 2005
            4704 Posts
            Posted: March 7, 2009, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Pa had this game before  if you all remember and was stopped because of no interest  and i am sure same thing will happen $2.00 per ticket 77 numbers and get 7 out of 11 drawn not easy  i will stick with cash 5 quinto and match 6 games a better chance even daily treasure hunt $100.00 for  4 numbers

watch day time draw 0's in number 6 out of 7 draws maybe 00 combo or 000 will hit good luck to all pa lp member's

PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: March 7, 2009, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

This game is slightly modified though as I said, but still too many numbers in my opinion. I win a decent amount on big 4 games, but I prefer jackpots that pay enough to have life altering effects. So I will still play this once in awhile. I like when the Cash 5 goes up into the millions, but then there is usually 3 winners making it much smaller. You basically have two choices, play smaller games with smaller prizes or bigger games with high prizes at worse odds. I do a combination of both, but need a huge win more than change here and there.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                A long and winding road
                United States
                Member #17084
                June 10, 2005
                4574 Posts
                Posted: March 7, 2009, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Sirbrad, and should you not win the big one, you can say hello to my character when I win the jackpot this coming Tuesday! Seriously would be nice to have a Lottery post player win it!

Think of this new game like playing Keno. Same concept with the same results, low payouts . I really did like Match 6 with three lines for two dollars! Winning with combined lines still created an incentive to play.

Not a fan at all of quinto or Treasure Hunt.

Did read the fiscal report the state put out showing the $ drop in some of the games, its a shame they allowed a game like Match 6 be axed.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #21206
                  September 4, 2005
                  949 Posts
                  Posted: March 9, 2009, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

PA always like to produce games that are overly complex.     Their lottery games generally stink.

I live close to the PA border but the only thing I ever buy there is Powerball tickets - and now with the longer odds - fewer and fewer of them, since I play on an expectation value basis.

PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2009, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

I got 60 lines ($40) and I think the best I did was 3 out of 6 and 4 or 5 out of 18. I was hoping to at least get 7 and up out of 18 this last draw. Figures. Good riddance Match 6, hope I hit the Super 7.

Of course 1 winner won the last draw as I predicted.  Skeptical