Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ouestions and doubts about the lottery

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
SooPretty's avatar - WINGS

United States
Member #53
December 14, 2001
135 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2009, 1:55 am - IP Logged

Is it me or is the lottery getting over on people? for one all  the money they say is going towards "schools" why, then are so many closing? 2 in my area maybe a 3rd soon. also i find it strange that virginia lottery has the same numbers appearing and repeating. i for one think that all the "balls" 0-9 are not put in the machine. anyone else wonder about that too. they need to investigate the lottery. might be some crooks there as well, getting big bonuses and having nice vacations on us poor folk trying to win a little something.and no luck has nothing to do with it.....it's called"CHEATING"

United States
    Member #54390
    August 17, 2007
    313 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2009, 7:13 am - IP Logged

Is it me or is the lottery getting over on people? for one all  the money they say is going towards "schools" why, then are so many closing? 2 in my area maybe a 3rd soon. also i find it strange that virginia lottery has the same numbers appearing and repeating. i for one think that all the "balls" 0-9 are not put in the machine. anyone else wonder about that too. they need to investigate the lottery. might be some crooks there as well, getting big bonuses and having nice vacations on us poor folk trying to win a little something.and no luck has nothing to do with it.....it's called"CHEATING"

Do you know how must it costs to run public schools?

I forgot the exact number but the lottery only covers either %5 or 10% of the total cost of education funding.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8364 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2009, 11:31 am - IP Logged

They may be closing schools and consolidating classes in an effort to save money. It's happening all over the country not just VA. when school age population is down why keep a school open for just a few children. In areas with large populations and huge children attendance more schools are needed. The school boards weigh every factor in opening and closing schools. Have a little faith in the system.

The lottery is not rigging the games it is already set up to make money.

Bonuses and such are rewarded to lottery personal based on many factors from advertising to growth potential. If you worked for the lottery and made the lottery 500 million for some promotion you designed wouldn't you expect a bonus for your work.

Especially since you couldn't play the lottery and bonuses are part of the lottery business world.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7322 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2009, 12:41 am - IP Logged

I sure wish I could find enough people to play my 1000 number raffle game. Each ticket would have a different 3 digit number from 000 - 999 for only 2 bucks and at the end of the day, I'd hold the drawing paying one lucky winner $583 if it's a single number, $666 for a double, and $1000 for a triple. Oh and there would be five other winners of $83 each for a single and two other winners of $166 for a double!

Let's see, if I sold all 1000 tickets, I would collect $2000 every drawing and the most I would ever have to payout would be $1000.  And every once in a while a player wouldn't know they had a winning ticket, lost it or just forgot about it and I could keep their winnings too. I could hold two drawings a day, seven days a week and bank over $14,000 every week. With a setup like that do I really care which numbers are drawn, who wins, and would there be any possible reason for me to cheat?  

Hey, isn't that similar to how most state lotteries run their pick-3 games?

Pogo's avatar - wfl
          NC
          United States
          Member #29378
          January 1, 2006
          552 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2009, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Can't mention the positions my folks worked or are working in for the state, but my father retired from the state of VA and my mom is currently working on a 10 year retirement with the state of NC and all I can say is when these 2 states signed off on the lottery each one had the agreement of no less than 51% of the proceeds would go to public school system therefore naming it the education or public school lottery for the 1st 3 to 5 years after which time they can redefine the percentage for public schools anywhere from 51% down to as low as 0% on a yearly basis as they see fit... the terms were in a format where they can continue to call the lottery an educational lottery even though after the initial years the lottery payout for the schools could in fact be 0%... Just an FYI - Pogo

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5124 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2009, 1:21 am - IP Logged

ALL "I" is they aunt no excuse @ this POINT 2 CLOSE any school'ssssssss!!!!!

The lottery money should pay for ALL pre-K education if pre-K parent's want

2 share sum of the expense'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

THAT said, THAT LEVEL taken CARE-OF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!

NOW L@@K @ expense'sssssssss-OF>>>>>>>1>6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(busing GAS MONEY etc.>)?????????????????????????????????????????????

(Make sure people in each school district has CORRECT paperwork) !!!!!!!!!!

2 ATTEND a correct school in THEIR DISTRICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REPEAT????????????????

REPEAT????????????????(&) CUT EXPENSIVE'sssss that R required!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAMAGEMENENT>>>>>YE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$^^^^management is KEY!!!!!!!

BEFORE U start CLOSIN SCH@@L'ssss>"MANAGEMENT"!!!

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>WHATHAaaaaaaaaaTHINK????????

PSYKOMO

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              Santa Ana
              United States
              Member #71159
              February 20, 2009
              651 Posts
              Posted: March 12, 2009, 12:15 am - IP Logged

I tnink that it could be rigged to have more of the large jackpot winners from a particular area win;  it seems there are more winners in Northern CA than Southern CA and that the same numbers are being played more than the others; It would be very sad to find out that the lotto is being rigged with cheaters who know how the system really works.

Good Luck to you and keep playingParty