Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 4:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The day I let my lottery numbers expire, THEY WIN $35. THE HORROR.

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Wheeler.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TotallyDavis's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
North Charleston, SC
United States
Member #69214
January 6, 2009
45 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2009, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I know that's not that much, but I've been playing these numbers for about 6 months now, and that would have been real nice and put a smile on my face.  So, it definitely does sting missing the draw.

No one to blame but myself though.

Anyone else have any angry stories about how they let their numbers expire just before they came up in the game?

I guess I should just be happier it wasn't a jackpot win or anything.... lesson learned.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Santa Ana
    United States
    Member #71159
    February 20, 2009
    651 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2009, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

I'm so sorry to hear that--this is what I call "Lottery Karma"  although it hasn't happened to me, this is my biggest fear--the exact day that I don't play is whejn my numbers will hit; the same ones I've been playing for over 10 years now...just a strong feeling that I have.  Like you said at least it wasn't the jackpot win--a very vaulable lesson learned--GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

grandpajohn's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      williamsburg,ohio
      United States
      Member #71029
      February 17, 2009
      603 Posts
      Posted: March 12, 2009, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Same thing happen to me this pass Sat midday I been playing a few birthdays and Sat my grandaughters came up str8 speaking of feeling sick.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: March 12, 2009, 12:49 am - IP Logged

It's sad to lose out on a win. I lost out on a $5,000 and a $500 dollar win because I didn't play the numbers I regularly played. It was a hard lesson to learn.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3315 Posts
          Posted: March 12, 2009, 5:29 am - IP Logged

thats why if i dont get my regular numbers on i dont check the tickets

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

DC81's avatar - batman39
            MI
            United States
            Member #54830
            August 31, 2007
            985 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2009, 7:23 am - IP Logged

I know it stings a bit but least it was $35 and not $350, $3,500, $35,000. $350,000, $3,500,000 or $35,000,000. Wink

You can't predict random.

jojosurf's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              phila pa
              United States
              Member #25770
              November 11, 2005
              4704 Posts
              Posted: March 13, 2009, 8:20 am - IP Logged

i have the same problems my numbers come out day when i play them for night and visa versa and when i play them day and night they don't hit at all. hate the day computurized number several repeats and 7 out of 10 days a 0 in number in pa can't figure them out  heres a hot one to watch at night especially in Pa 367

good luck to all today the 13th?????????????????

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                Member #9517
                December 10, 2004
                1279 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2009, 8:27 am - IP Logged

I never check old expired tickets and I don't try to remember them. I don't want to know if I missed a large prize.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                  Gurnee, Illinois
                  United States
                  Member #49731
                  February 12, 2007
                  919 Posts
                  Posted: March 13, 2009, 8:37 am - IP Logged

I never check old expired tickets and I don't try to remember them. I don't want to know if I missed a large prize.

Then why play?  Why play if you are not going to check whether or not your ticket won WHEN you can still claim the prize?  Dudes, if you cats have $$ to waste like that (kinda like burning a cig), why don't you just give that $$ away to a charitable cause?  For starters, I have a charity in mind that you could support.  Just PM me.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #58835
                    February 27, 2008
                    148 Posts
                    Posted: March 13, 2009, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I know that's not that much, but I've been playing these numbers for about 6 months now, and that would have been real nice and put a smile on my face.  So, it definitely does sting missing the draw.

No one to blame but myself though.

Anyone else have any angry stories about how they let their numbers expire just before they came up in the game?

I guess I should just be happier it wasn't a jackpot win or anything.... lesson learned.

I only play quick picks for this reason.  I know I would play my numbers for years and then they would hit it big the ONE week I didn't play them.  LOL

Just be glad that they didn't hit the jackpot.  Then you'd really be kicking yourself!

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                      Member #48046
                      December 7, 2006
                      1699 Posts
                      Posted: March 13, 2009, 10:16 am - IP Logged

I felt your pain myself Wed.

At the end of Jan.  I managed to cash in a whole  $68 dollars worth of tickets.

In Feb.  I said yes to Power-Play, every draw.  and didn't win anything. (the whole month).

Then Wed.   I had a choice,  spend my normal, $8 dollars, and powerplay, (4 plays),

or only spend $5 dollars.  ( I was a little short on cash).   I had to opt for the $5.

And yea the pain, and anguish,  of hoping that I'd  win a little somthing, but I didn't do PP.

Well,..... It happened, I hit the power-ball for $3 dollars,  (coulda been $6).

So..... I was there.  (What if all 5 of my white balls hit and I had said No).

We all get caught in little traps,  at times.              Gut wrenching huh?

fort myers
                        United States
                        Member #50515
                        March 7, 2007
                        17 Posts
                        Posted: March 13, 2009, 10:41 am - IP Logged

I feel your pain, that has happened to me more times than I care to mention. I use to play 888 10.00 straight and one thanksgiving I didn't feel like going out and guess what?? 5 grand lost, it hurt like heck but it was my own fault.

Alot of times I play one number for months and then give up on it and then it comes out, go figure. Guess that is why it's called gambling and not "sure thing".

MysteryMan424's avatar - batman22
                          Pelham NY
                          United States
                          Member #60411
                          April 16, 2008
                          169 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2009, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Discipline, Record keeping, Money management, Perseverence, Emotion control, Professional attitude, and a little luck

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                            Member #9517
                            December 10, 2004
                            1279 Posts
                            Posted: March 13, 2009, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Then why play?  Why play if you are not going to check whether or not your ticket won WHEN you can still claim the prize?  Dudes, if you cats have $$ to waste like that (kinda like burning a cig), why don't you just give that $$ away to a charitable cause?  For starters, I have a charity in mind that you could support.  Just PM me.

I am talking about old play slips which has been filled out and played in earlier draws. I obviously didn't make myself clear.
                            If I win anything, money from the lottery company goes automatically into my bank acount or lottery account. So I don't even need to check for wins.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                              Pittsburg, Ks
                              United States
                              Member #3382
                              January 17, 2004
                              83001 Posts
                              Posted: March 14, 2009, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Discipline, Record keeping, Money management, Perseverence, Emotion control, Professional attitude, and a little luck

I don't know if the woman did all that but it took her 14 years to win a jackpot with the same numbers

God Bless America

US Flag