Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who are YOUR favorite lottery winners?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 8 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
Wisconsin
United States
Member #58835
February 27, 2008
148 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2009, 9:59 am - IP Logged

I'm just curious if you have any "favorite" lottery winners, besides yourselves of course.  :)

My favs are Robynn Newton and Robert/Tonya Harris.  They all seem like such great people and seemed like they really deserved it, KWIM?

United States
    Member #54390
    August 17, 2007
    313 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2009, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

I'm just curious if you have any "favorite" lottery winners, besides yourselves of course.  :)

My favs are Robynn Newton and Robert/Tonya Harris.  They all seem like such great people and seemed like they really deserved it, KWIM?

My favorite lottery winners are the smart ones.  Not like Jack Whittaker or the idiot in Indiana who sold all of his/her stuff in an auction due to bankruptcty. Or that idiot in Virginia who bought several cars and houses and went bankrupt in 4 years.

thor's avatar - thor
      Deep in the Woods of Texas
      United States
      Member #68454
      December 22, 2008
      328 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2009, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

the best winner is the one that puts the needs of others above their own.

especially if you win multi-millions, your reward comes from helping the less fortunate.

1 Corinthians 13:13

that's what its all about.

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"

by: Henry David Thoreau

bob27's avatar - chakra man1.jpg
        chicago
        United States
        Member #34162
        February 28, 2006
        315 Posts
        Posted: March 13, 2009, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

the best winner is the one that puts the needs of others above their own.

especially if you win multi-millions, your reward comes from helping the less fortunate.

1 Corinthians 13:13

that's what its all about.

There are many online website,where you can make cash donation.
        How come millionaires and actors dont make donations,only
        asking for money from poor?

United States
          Member #58528
          February 18, 2008
          710 Posts
          Posted: March 13, 2009, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

There are many online website,where you can make cash donation.
          How come millionaires and actors dont make donations,only
          asking for money from poor?

Thats because actors get paid good money to beg you for your money.Ain't to many things that piss me off more than a millionaire actor begging me for a donation.If his/her pet charity is so damn good let them support it!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19828 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2009, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

"Who are your favorite lottery winners?" is like asking "Who are your favorite millionaires?".  I don't see either as celebrities, they are just people with a lot of money that not likely to ever effect my life.  I suspect that if I ever won a lottery jackpot, I would be the same.  I don't play the lottery because I want be a celebrity or effect others lives.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
              Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #58835
              February 27, 2008
              148 Posts
              Posted: March 13, 2009, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Roll Eyes  WOW, tough crowd.  I just thought SOMEONE on this board would have a "favorite" lottery winner...someone that they saw won and went "Gosh, those people really deserve it."

Sorry for bothering anyone.  Unhappy

thor's avatar - thor
                Deep in the Woods of Texas
                United States
                Member #68454
                December 22, 2008
                328 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2009, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Roll Eyes  WOW, tough crowd.  I just thought SOMEONE on this board would have a "favorite" lottery winner...someone that they saw won and went "Gosh, those people really deserve it."

Sorry for bothering anyone.  Unhappy

followup:

i can't say that i could actually name a multi-millionare winner, i don't really keep up with their stories.For me it's not to judge who deserves it, i just hope & pray they are touched enough to help others in the way they see best described in my other post.

you weren't bothering anyone...a lot of genuine & caring people that will help in anyway.Thumbs Up

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"

by: Henry David Thoreau

United States
                  Member #58528
                  February 18, 2008
                  710 Posts
                  Posted: March 13, 2009, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

I liked the woman and her husband from Oregon that won $18 million on Powerball a few years ago.They were on one of those Lotto Millionare shows a few years ago.She was happy buying a previously owned house and a previously owned sports car.Her husband enjoys streetrods (like me) and owns a few.The only thing they bought new was a motorhome.Seemed like pretty down to earth folks.I don't know their names,though.

United States
                    Member #58803
                    February 26, 2008
                    14 Posts
                    Posted: March 13, 2009, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I've always been inspired by Brad Duke's story for a few reasons...

First, he's young, which means he's going to have lots of years ahead of him to enjoy his wealth. Second, Brad won by choosing his own numbers that he played for several years before he won...I appreciate the intuition, intelligence and discipline involved. Lastly, we share some similar interests...VW's, biking and he owns an Aston Martin (I'll have to wait until I win to indulge this passion!).

Otherwise, I'd say another favorite would have to be the folks from my hometown in Nebraska that won the biggest jackpot in Powerball history 3 years ago. I remember the buzz around town...very exciting. In fact...the gas station that I buy my tickets from is owned by one of the winners...kind of cool.

Just goes to show...it can really happen.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: March 16, 2009, 3:25 am - IP Logged

WHATS HIS NAME jack whittaker?  strippers,  drunken binges, lawsuits,  dead kids,  he has provided much entertainment for me

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297