Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

State Lottery Site Advertising?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 8 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2009, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Maybe it's because of the economy, but the Florida Lottery has apparently partnered with a company and is having an "eat for a year" drawing on its site.  Any U.S. citizen can enter, and the prize is a family meal each week at Pollo Tropical.   (Would the value of this prize be taxed?)  When I clicked on the official rules, it says the value is estimated to be $800.   For a family?   $800 divided by 52 is only about $15.

Well, if you've got one of these restaurants nearby, it might be worth a try.   Maybe next month they'll have a pizza for a year promotion. Who knows?  I just brought it up because I've never seen promotions like this, and I think it's a really smart idea since it's really advertising IMO.

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
    Member #48046
    December 7, 2006
    1699 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2009, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like a good idea to me too,

If I happen to visit their site and win.....  can you go, in my place, every week?Blue Angel

Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2009, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like a good idea to me too,

If I happen to visit their site and win.....  can you go, in my place, every week?Blue Angel

Sure!  Smiley

By the way, it also says:

Please note: Under Florida law, most correspondence with the Florida Lottery is considered a public record. Therefore, any information submitted on this Web site, including your contact information (e.g. e-mail address, street address and telephone number) will be subject to public disclosure in response to a public records request.

Email address?  Street Address?  Telephone number?  No Nod

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
        Member #48046
        December 7, 2006
        1699 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2009, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

.......mmmmm   e-mail,  o.k  I guess,   telephone,  I suppose the have to have a way to contact us

address?          If you win they'll probably want a SS and Birth Certificate,

(Legal Citizen)

Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2009, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

What I meant is that they're saying it will be available to the public.  What I put in italics was an exact quote from the site.  I thought only a person's name and city of residence was available to the public.

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2009, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Maybe it's because of the economy, but the Florida Lottery has apparently partnered with a company and is having an "eat for a year" drawing on its site.  Any U.S. citizen can enter, and the prize is a family meal each week at Pollo Tropical.   (Would the value of this prize be taxed?)  When I clicked on the official rules, it says the value is estimated to be $800.   For a family?   $800 divided by 52 is only about $15.

Well, if you've got one of these restaurants nearby, it might be worth a try.   Maybe next month they'll have a pizza for a year promotion. Who knows?  I just brought it up because I've never seen promotions like this, and I think it's a really smart idea since it's really advertising IMO.

This sounds like a great idea specially if you set it up like in the lucky for life scenario...

the only bad things is that it looks so bad, it makes the USA looks like is begging for money...

but i've heard some strange things on tv and i don't know if they are true, like i heard the other day on tv, they said that 98% of Americans have a toilet...again don't know if is true but i heard it on a show on fox news..

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3104 Posts
              Posted: March 18, 2009, 1:37 am - IP Logged

Pollo Tropical is a fast food chicken place like KFC only they put citrus mojo juice on the chicken and grill it.   The flavor is ok, but the one by us is staffed mostly by kids, it's like being invisible trying to get their attention.  Don't worry, you'll be sick of the place long before the $800. runs out. 

BobP

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: March 18, 2009, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

This sounds like a great idea specially if you set it up like in the lucky for life scenario...

the only bad things is that it looks so bad, it makes the USA looks like is begging for money...

but i've heard some strange things on tv and i don't know if they are true, like i heard the other day on tv, they said that 98% of Americans have a toilet...again don't know if is true but i heard it on a show on fox news..

a better idea i think is to buy groceries 200 dollars a month worth of groceries to the winner for 1 year...It comes out cheaper than feeding someone everyday at a restaurant....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: March 18, 2009, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I would hope so! What are the other 2% doing?  LOL  LOL  pumpi, you are too much sometimes! Jester Laugh

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3104 Posts
                    Posted: March 19, 2009, 1:03 am - IP Logged

I would hope so! What are the other 2% doing?  LOL  LOL  pumpi, you are too much sometimes! Jester Laugh

Outhouses come to mind and houses with a hole in the floor with the sewer / septic drain pipe that would be connected to the toilet if they had one.  The census asks if you have a toilet, I guess 2% said no.   If you don't have a toilet you can't use it to help predict the future, see . . .

http://www.bugland.us/fun/ttl/pages/ 

BobP

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7314 Posts
                      Posted: March 19, 2009, 2:25 am - IP Logged

That "Depends" on their age and where they live.

Hiding Behind Computer

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: March 23, 2009, 2:49 am - IP Logged

They could do the same thing with medicine or medicinal stuff or supplements all worth $250 a month every month forever, call it the medicine for life...It could be $300 a month worth of it or $500 a month worth of it forever....

And i am thinking, if the weekly grand is $1,000 a week for 20 years and is a pick4/35 + pick1/35, then something that is 6% of that should be a Pick4/25 + pick1/17....And you have to understand something, weeklygrand is played in 3 state with a population of 3 million...In a country with more than 40 million people, it can be done...Even if the price is less than $ 2 per ticket...But we will leave it at $ 2 the price of each ticket...

about the toilet bussiness i don't think is true but still i heard it on TV...maybe the guy said it jokingly...

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2009, 2:01 am - IP Logged

how about a brand new car of your choice car payment for life or for 4 years or maybe for life but then after 5 years they pay your kids's cars, your wife cars, etc...

i was thinking of 400 dollars a month for your car payment for 5 years or for life...