Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 5

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 8 years ago by bobby623.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #62164
June 19, 2008
1217 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2009, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

What would you want/look for in a program for Pick 5 games?  I think I might work on one and wanted some suggestions of what people like to see.

United States
    Member #62164
    June 19, 2008
    1217 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2009, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Nobody plays pick 5?

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49725 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2009, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Nobody plays pick 5?

http://www.lotterypost.com/forum/5

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2009, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

The right numbers would be most important to me, more than wheeling or statistics. A set of numbers that can be broken down with the JACKPOT digits snuggled in there somewhere. Thumbs Up

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23262 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2009, 10:26 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Pick 5 forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2009, 11:55 am - IP Logged

The right numbers would be most important to me, more than wheeling or statistics. A set of numbers that can be broken down with the JACKPOT digits snuggled in there somewhere. Thumbs Up

Those are the same things you would want in a program for a pick6 or a pick5+bonus game.  A small pool of numbers with all the winning numbers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Hans's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
              Monte Carlo
              France
              Member #55589
              October 9, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2009, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

What would you want/look for in a program for Pick 5 games?  I think I might work on one and wanted some suggestions of what people like to see.

Whatever ways to pick up 9 numbers to cover more than 5 winning Numbers is excellent.

I have been trying to select 9 numbers from a certain area of final results checking Past drawing hits.

It works better when you still got one banker,as that would help you to hit jackpot.

Hans

Strive to predict 8 tickets for 12 numbers with Max ROI for Pick6!

United States
                Member #62164
                June 19, 2008
                1217 Posts
                Posted: March 21, 2009, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

What about stats?  Would any stats be beneficial to look at?

Long Island, NY
                  United States
                  Member #57412
                  January 3, 2008
                  419 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2009, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

A program that selects and arranges numbers that have pooled around the numbers drawn recently(thus the consistent pattern like tendencies some of us spot consistently) and peppers it with some hot....and that one elusive cold number that usually drops.

So far, I have not seen a program that replicates the intuition that I think one should have when they intensley focus and follow they're game.

Last night, in NY, I correctly knew the 11-14 was gonna drop.  I was correct and wondered if a computer type program would have spotted it as well.

A program that allows you to break even or make a profit consistently...without great financial risk.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: March 22, 2009, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

A program that selects and arranges numbers that have pooled around the numbers drawn recently(thus the consistent pattern like tendencies some of us spot consistently) and peppers it with some hot....and that one elusive cold number that usually drops.

So far, I have not seen a program that replicates the intuition that I think one should have when they intensley focus and follow they're game.

Last night, in NY, I correctly knew the 11-14 was gonna drop.  I was correct and wondered if a computer type program would have spotted it as well.

A program that allows you to break even or make a profit consistently...without great financial risk.

If your method of knowing a certain number is going to land can be expressed in a concrete formula, it can be replicated by a program. If the method is "just a feeling", then not so much.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                      Member #62164
                      June 19, 2008
                      1217 Posts
                      Posted: March 22, 2009, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

I've managed to get 3 numbers right in the last two drawings using something..but we will see where it goes.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                        San Angelo, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #1097
                        January 31, 2003
                        1394 Posts
                        Posted: March 23, 2009, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

If you are designing a Pick 5 number predictor, you need to include something besides number analysis. Lot of folks rely mainly on past draws, followers, etc, etc, but I seldom see any comments regarding what I call 'structures.'

For example, when winning combinations are converted to letters (A = 1-9, B =10-19, C =20-29, D = 30 to last number in the matrix), one can see that not every combination has one or more numbers from each number group, or decade, or whatever.

In Florida Sunday, the Fan5 winning combination was 11.14.16.25.32, or BBBCD. Only 3 of the 4 number groups are represented.
                        In Texas Saturday, the winning combinati0n was 4.6.7.15.17, or, AAABB. Only 2 of the 4 number groups.

I realize some folks have letter groups that are different, mainly adding 1 number to the As to get a balance. I don't think such an arrangement should be in a formal program, but, thats me.

I have posted this idea previously. I call it 'alphanumeric substitution.'

Ive also posted an extension defining 'structures' where duplicate letters are omitted. For example, in the FL example, the structure  would
                        be BCD, which is a '3 point structure." The Texas combination produces a '2-point' structure, 'BA"

When the previous winning combinations are converted to alphabetical sequences and structures and tracked over a period of time, one can easily see patterns that could be useful in deciding which numbers to play.
                        In Texas, the 4-point, ABCD, comes up about twice as often as the 3- and 2-point structures.
                        It should be clear that the numbers to play would be 1 A, 1 B, 1 C and 1 D. The fifth number would have to be an A, B, C or a D.
                        The alphabetical sequences provide tips on which number group should be used.

When the numbers are selected for a ABCD structure, one would have to wheel 12 numbers which means every selected number would be used 3 times. If a 2-point structure is chosen, then one could wheel 6 numbers from each number group, or fewer, depending on how many combinations one wants to play.

I have several data streams based all or partial letter sequences. It's very hepful when deciding what to play.

I use Gap Strategy to aid the guesswork.

Do a search for previous posts on what Gap Strategy is and how it is used to obtain numbers to play.

In my opinion, wheeling numbers from every number group for every drawing is wasteful.

This theory applies to the Pick 5 portion of the jackpot games.

Lot of folks wheel from every number group, or decade, or whatever. For example, in Mega Millions, there are 6 number groups. But only 5 can be in a winning combination. And its rare for a winning combination to have 5 different number groups.

Thanks for your interest.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                          San Angelo, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #1097
                          January 31, 2003
                          1394 Posts
                          Posted: March 24, 2009, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

This is a follow-up to my recent reply post on what items should be in any formal system for standard (non-jackpot) Pick 5 games.

I'm going to use the data streams I have developed for Texas Pick 5/37, but the ideas, procedures, formats, etc, apply
                          to other pick 5 games.

I use alphanumeric substitution and structures to break the winning numbers into various streams that can be used to
                          aid the numbers to play guesswork.

This is a paper and pencil workout or strategy. I realize Excel and other systems can be used, but, I believe that
                          the work should be done by hand. It's difficult to see trends when looking at electronic charts.

No prediction system can work without a current listing of winning numbers. This is universal, as anyone who analyze
                          winning numbers will attest.

History can logged in various ways. Here is mine.

Date--winning numbers in numerical order, the alphabetical equivalent broken into 3 parts, the corresponding structure, structure number.

Here are the last 3 drawings in Texas Cash 5. The data is logged on graph paper.

0320 1.3.5.17.36     AA A BD  ABD  4
                          0321 4.6.7.15.17     AA A BB  AB   2
                          0323 6.14.26.30.37   AB C DD  ABCD 4

I usually make alphabetical predictions on Sunday and play them for six days. Therefore, the History is logged in 6-day intervals.

The alphabetcal squences are based on the number groups, decades, or whatever, mentioned in last post.
                          A 1-9, B 10-19, C 20-29, D 30-37

The structures are alphabetical sequences without duplicate letters (ABBCD = ABCD).
                          There is one 4-point structure -ABCD-, four 3-point structures -ABC, ABD, ACD,BCD- and six 2-point structures
                          -AB, AC, AD, BC, BD, CD-

Of course, the data is different if the pick 5 game has fewer than 30 numbers or more than 39 numbers.

I use to know exactly how many different alphabetical sequences there are. I kept a inventory. I also kept a list
                          of the winning numbers for each sequence. This data could be helpful, but, it's not necessary, in my opinion. I use the
                          lottery website to determine if the number combinations I've selected have ever come up, in whole or part.

Related worksheets.

1. Alphabetical sequence analysis.

The goal is to come up one or more alphabetical sequences to aid number selection.
                          It should be apparent from the sample above that, if tracked after each drawing, that a player can come up with
                          several possibilities.

Here is a current inventory (97 drawings) of the data in P1P2, P3, P4P5.

P1P2     P3       P4P5
                          1  BD -             1  AD -
                          3  AC -             4  BC -
                          5  BC -             24 CD -
                          9  BB -              25 CC -
                          3  CC - 10 B -   7  BD -
                          36 AA -  5 A -    5  BB -
                          40 AB - 13 C -   31 DD -

Note: The '-' is space for Gap numbers. They are omitted because to put them in would require an explanation. This
                          is not possible for this demonstration. Do search for Gap Strategy and see why!!

It's obvious that a majority for the sequences begin with either AA or AB. B and C are the most frequent in P3.
                          CD, CC and DD are the most frequent in P4P5.

If I was in a 'working pool', some members would generate several complete sequences beginning with AA, while another
                          group would work with AB. Or, if a player preferes 'cold' pairs, BB, BC and AC could be used in P1P2.

Note: A 'D' can come up in P3, but it would be a rare occurrence.

In practice, I use a separate worksheet for the 3 streams. In this way I can mark off repeats and maintain a current inventory. This
                          helps me spot repititions, which is common with AB. Sometimes this pair shows up 5 or consecutive drawings. You wouldn't see this if using
                          electronic charts.

2. Structure analysis.

Logging the structures in order of occurrence on a separate worksheet can aid selection of the alphabetical sequences.

I have what I call a "Dot Chart' to log the structures as they occur. I use graph paper with 'dots' to track the structures by date.
                          At a glance, I can see which of the structures have come up recently, the totals for each and other trends.

ABCD = 96
                          ABC  = 57
                          ABD  = 27
                          ACD  = 43
                          BCD  = 44
                          2PT  = 30

It's obvious that ABCD shows up frequently. 

The Dot chart I'm using is for the last 22 consecutive weeks. It shows that ABCD has come up at least once per week. Only
                          one week when it didn't show. Additionally, the chart shows that ABCD has come up back-to-back in 7 weeks. So, it probably
                          wouldn't be prudent to play only alphabetical sequences having an A, a B, a C and D.

The chart shows that 2-point structures have come up 30 times, usually twice per week, but not every week. The chart shows
                          2-pointers coming up 3 times in each of two weeks.

I also keep a running chart of the pairs in P1P2 and the Last2.

P1P2      Last2
                          3  BD -   3  AD -
                          3  AD -   5  AC -
                          12 BC -   24 BC - 
                          3  CD -   12 BD -
                          14 AC -   6  AB -
                          62 AB -   46 CD -

A player might decide to play alphabetical sequences beginning with AB, AC and BC and ending with CD, BC and BD.
                          Remember that structures only show the different letters, therefore, when building sequences one or more letters must
                          be added to complete the sequence.

Some possible final sequences are ABCCD ABBCD ABCDD, AABBC, AABCD.

I'm going to conclude this post with an exception regarding the Gaps.
                          Here is the current GAP totals.

For P1P2

1 = 41
                          2 = 21
                          3 = 18
                          4 = 7
                          5 = 2
                          6 = 1

The 41 for Gap #1 shows that the most recent pair is likely to be repeated in the next drawing.
                          Additionally, the Gap data suggests that the next pair will probably be one of the last 3 pairs.

Last2
                          1 = 30
                          2 = 21
                          3 = 15
                          4 = 14
                          5 = 7
                          6 = 5

The Gap # totals suggest that next Last2 pair will be one of the last 4 on the list, with a repeat highly likely. The draw-by-draw worksheet
                          can aid this decision. Again, electronic charts don't show the in order of occurrence charts.

Sorry for taking up so much space, but guessing winning lottery numbers takes a lot of consideration using as many
                          data streams as are available.

Coming up with plausible alphabetical sequences is the first step in the number guesswork.
                          I use Gap Strategy to generate possible numbers to play.

Hope this post is useful to those trying to win some $$ in Pick 5.