Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Am Experienced

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Wheeler.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
Pittsburg, Ks
United States
Member #3382
January 17, 2004
80767 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2009, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Poster that is. Received a pm from Todd telling I have been promoted from Regular to Experience. I was going to quit posting but the encouraged me to keep posting

God Bless America

US Flag

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
    Connecticut
    United States
    Member #61623
    May 29, 2008
    20581 Posts
    Posted: March 23, 2009, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Poster that is. Received a pm from Todd telling I have been promoted from Regular to Experience. I was going to quit posting but the encouraged me to keep posting

Welcome to the club!Thumbs Up

...why quit posting?..lay it all out.If a sysytem works sometimes than it's justified to post away

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31344 Posts
      Posted: March 23, 2009, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Congrats!  Keep posting.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Pittsburg, Ks
        United States
        Member #3382
        January 17, 2004
        80767 Posts
        Posted: March 23, 2009, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to the club!Thumbs Up

...why quit posting?..lay it all out.If a sysytem works sometimes than it's justified to post away

Thanks JBG

God Bless America

US Flag

United States
          Member #62164
          June 19, 2008
          1217 Posts
          Posted: March 23, 2009, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

What is an experienced poster?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3102 Posts
            Posted: March 24, 2009, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Keep on posting.  BobP

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3102 Posts
              Posted: March 24, 2009, 12:47 am - IP Logged

What is an experienced poster?

There is a ranking system based on several factors, not just the number of posts.   BobP

Membership Features

1. What do the blue bars next to my name in the forums represent? There are a total of eight possible blue bars, representing 9 levels of member experience ratings.  (The first level — "New Member" — has zero blue bars, making nine levels total.) The Lottery Post system is programmed with an automated system that once a night looks at all the members to see if any have qualified to be promoted to the next level.  If a member is found to be qualified, they are sent a Private Message by the system, and one more blue bar is added to their profile. The precise formula is secret, because the last thing we want is for people to be posting in a certain manner solely for the purpose of being promoted.  That would make a poor rating system. The one thing we can confidently say is that posting lots of messages will not get you promoted quicker.  The formula specifically rates well for quality and consistency, not quantity.  People who consistently participate in the forums are more valued by the system than someone who checks in to say hello here and there.The ratings do not say that one member is "better" than another, but the ratings do help quite nicely when judging the reliability of a reply, particularly when conflicting responses are given.  Someone with a high rating may have discussed the same topic before, perhaps multiple times, so their answers have the benefit and wisdom of previous discourse on the subject.
              2. What are the nine experience rating levels? Starting at the initial rating level, when someone first joins Lottery Post, the experience levels are:  New Member, Rookie, Regular, Experienced, Advanced, Senior, Veteran, Guru, and Elite.  There are currently 13 members who have achieved the rank of Elite.
                middle Georgia
                United States
                Member #1893
                July 20, 2003
                1868 Posts
                Posted: March 24, 2009, 9:53 am - IP Logged

There is a ranking system based on several factors, not just the number of posts.   BobP

Membership Features

1. What do the blue bars next to my name in the forums represent? There are a total of eight possible blue bars, representing 9 levels of member experience ratings.  (The first level — "New Member" — has zero blue bars, making nine levels total.) The Lottery Post system is programmed with an automated system that once a night looks at all the members to see if any have qualified to be promoted to the next level.  If a member is found to be qualified, they are sent a Private Message by the system, and one more blue bar is added to their profile. The precise formula is secret, because the last thing we want is for people to be posting in a certain manner solely for the purpose of being promoted.  That would make a poor rating system. The one thing we can confidently say is that posting lots of messages will not get you promoted quicker.  The formula specifically rates well for quality and consistency, not quantity.  People who consistently participate in the forums are more valued by the system than someone who checks in to say hello here and there.The ratings do not say that one member is "better" than another, but the ratings do help quite nicely when judging the reliability of a reply, particularly when conflicting responses are given.  Someone with a high rating may have discussed the same topic before, perhaps multiple times, so their answers have the benefit and wisdom of previous discourse on the subject.
                2. What are the nine experience rating levels? Starting at the initial rating level, when someone first joins Lottery Post, the experience levels are:  New Member, Rookie, Regular, Experienced, Advanced, Senior, Veteran, Guru, and Elite.  There are currently 13 members who have achieved the rank of Elite.

Hi BobP,  I appreciate your explanation and I am sure that many others will also.  Thank you much!

marlon39's avatar - avatar 3245.jpg

Philippines
                  Member #71195
                  February 20, 2009
                  226 Posts
                  Posted: March 24, 2009, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations Wheeler. Hurray!

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious."
                  - Vince Lombardi

Grovel's avatar - f800e6a39fbfea795d1dcbb09f2244
                    Little Rock, AR
                    United States
                    Member #68365
                    December 19, 2008
                    241 Posts
                    Posted: March 24, 2009, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Congrats

Pittsburg, Ks
                      United States
                      Member #3382
                      January 17, 2004
                      80767 Posts
                      Posted: March 24, 2009, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Thanks guys and gals. I will be posting

I come here before I read my e-mail and yesterday I was on here most of the evening and today when I looked I had 34 in one account and 23 in another

God Bless America

US Flag