Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Here is my story

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #73005
April 2, 2009
11 Posts
Posted: April 2, 2009, 10:44 am - IP Logged

In 2003 I won $100 by matching 4 of the first 5 numbers in the Powerball 3 times over a period a 5 months. The third time was the most difficult as I missed the 5th number by 1 digit, and so I was pretty much the most miserable $100 winner in Powerball history that day. Big Grin  Most of the time I would buy 1 to 5 quick picks a week depending on the jackpot.

Now with the new Powerball matrix  I only get 1 quick pick with power play once or twice a week and pretty much play for the million dollar prize.

I think they should have some type of consolation prize for people like me who have come really close. lol Cool ..... Because of my past experience, I probably feel like the 2nd tier Million Dollar prize is much more "winnable" then many of you might think.

grandpajohn's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    williamsburg,ohio
    United States
    Member #71029
    February 17, 2009
    603 Posts
    Posted: April 2, 2009, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

In 2003 I won $100 by matching 4 of the first 5 numbers in the Powerball 3 times over a period a 5 months. The third time was the most difficult as I missed the 5th number by 1 digit, and so I was pretty much the most miserable $100 winner in Powerball history that day. Big Grin  Most of the time I would buy 1 to 5 quick picks a week depending on the jackpot.

Now with the new Powerball matrix  I only get 1 quick pick with power play once or twice a week and pretty much play for the million dollar prize.

I think they should have some type of consolation prize for people like me who have come really close. lol Cool ..... Because of my past experience, I probably feel like the 2nd tier Million Dollar prize is much more "winnable" then many of you might think.

Just think

if you had missed all the numbers by just one

number in the mega millions and on top of that had the mega ball.I did win $2

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
      Member #9517
      December 10, 2004
      1272 Posts
      Posted: April 2, 2009, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

That's some people's comfort, they missed the numbers by just one. They might just as well have missed by ten.

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
        Member #48046
        December 7, 2006
        1699 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2009, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I mostly concentrate on the 5 white ones, too.     That new Million dollar change,  sounds good huh?

United States
          Member #73005
          April 2, 2009
          11 Posts
          Posted: April 2, 2009, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

I mostly concentrate on the 5 white ones, too.     That new Million dollar change,  sounds good huh?

Yes, I only play for the Million and it is a nice change to have the automatic 5x powerplay, though I don't like the new Matrix overall. I usually play one quick pick with power play, and depending on jackpots 1 to 5 quick picks for those $100,000+ games with the 300,000 to 1 odds. I wouldn't ever even want the burden of winning something like 100 million. If I ever did, I'd definitely take the annuity, especially with the world as it is today. Can you imagine winning $200 million, taking the lump sum, and at the exact moment your money is transferred temporarily to one instituation, before you have a chance to spread your cash, the bank goes under and you lose almost everything! I am good with investing but I wouldn't want the burden of managing  hundreds of millions anyway. I could pretty much do everything I want in life with 100,000 a year anyway, so any huge lottery annuity would be fine.

I also play some scratch tickets every so often. Since last September I've probably spent a total of about $350 (Before any larger wins)  on $5, $10, and $20 scratch tickets, I've gotten about $600 worth of tickets from extended play (10 to 40 dollar wins), and my two biggest wins were $100 and $1000. When I won the $1000 the feeling was so great to win, collect the prize, and deposit the check,  that I realized I didn't need to play for 100 million. Games like say Mass Cash, with lesser prizes &  much better odds are the way to go I think.

As for the other comments, I've had lots of close calls where my quick picks "look" like the actual drawing number, without actually having more then 1 or 2 numbers, but nothing was harder then that last one in 2003, partly because I had already won the $100 twice, and partly because I missed the 5th number by one digit! lol Thankfully I didn't play the power play back then or I really would have been sick. Big Grin

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: April 3, 2009, 3:13 am - IP Logged

i misse dall 6 numbers in my lotto by 1 number., but then the odds of that happening are 64 times more likely than hitting all 6.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: April 3, 2009, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

They should make people that got 4/5 participate in a raffle or sweepstake with money from the lottery receipts that have expire....And also ask Huge lottery winners if they will like to contribute something to that sweepstake, raffle, not mandatory only if they like.... 

That's why i can't stand the lottery,  they are so unyielding and unflexible towards humans and they go about their happy lives thinking the sun and all the heavenly constellations revolves around the earth....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10344 Posts
                Posted: April 3, 2009, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

almostabigwinr

There are plenty of "bad beat" stories. I missed the California lottery by one number once.

Note my sig.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #70678
                  February 8, 2009
                  889 Posts
                  Posted: April 3, 2009, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

almostabigwinr

There are plenty of "bad beat" stories. I missed the California lottery by one number once.

Note my sig.

LOL Coin Toss me too! I hit 5 out of 6 numbers on CA Lotto(before it became Super Lotto)