Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 12:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should Lotteries Revenue go To Fix Health Care Or Medicare...

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2009, 12:24 am - IP Logged

You see i am glad kids are getting an extra boost in education from the lottery revenue, but i feel, if you was to eliminate the revenue from the lottery, kids will not feel the difference...Kids get revenue from the government that goes into education and is kind of big...However health care is a more big threat...I don't know anything about health care or medicare nor i know how big they are....But what i am saying, don't you think they should let the lottery revenue from all the states go into Health Care or medicare...

Almost every week i hear on CNN the comment about Health Care or Medicare....All the time...You don't hear no comment about education on the news...So if this is so should lottery revenue from all the states go to "health Care or Medicare"....

Maybe it will not work in the USA because of the size of the USA in population...But let's put the example of Germany who has around 82 million people....States in the USA generate 1 billion dollars from revenue from the lottery and they have a population like 4 million....I am saying, a country like Germany with around 85 million people should generate like 10 billion dollars from revenue from the lottery if in fact they tax 50% of every dollar....Ask how much does it cost to construct one Hospital and equip it with equipment...Maybe to construct the hospital will cost you around 25-30 million dollars and to equip it will cost you another 25 million dollars...That's a total of 50 million dollars...10 billion divided by 50 million dollars = 200 HOSPITALS...you hear that 200 Hospital in Germany each DAMN YEAR...in 3 years Germany which is perhaps the size of Texas, will have 600 Hospitals...in 5 years it will have 1,000 Hospitals in 10 years that will be 2,000 hospitals in a region the size of Texas...LOL....In 20 years that will be 4,000 HUGE HOSPITALS in Germany...And because the equipment is bought already and construction is done we only have to charge people for the service of a doctor/nurse WHICH WILL BRING THE PRICE OF HEALTH CARE VERY LOW...

and these are not private hospitals these are hospitals that belong to the government FOR THE PEOPLE...

My question is If we can do that in Germany why can't we do that in the USA and take care of the "Health CAre System" once and for all or of the Medicare....Or whatever care....

And tell me what will happen if kids didn't get lottery revenue for education are they going to die, people die becaus they don't have health care...The problem in the USA is that it COST TOO MUCH THE SALARY OF MANY PROFESSIONS....

And remember Germany will get 10 billion by charging 1 dollar per ticket, what if you was to charge 2 dollars per ticket....LOL...

i know is kind of late to mention it but Anyways i am curious to know what's your opinion....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2009, 1:07 am - IP Logged

You see i am glad kids are getting an extra boost in education from the lottery revenue, but i feel, if you was to eliminate the revenue from the lottery, kids will not feel the difference...Kids get revenue from the government that goes into education and is kind of big...However health care is a more big threat...I don't know anything about health care or medicare nor i know how big they are....But what i am saying, don't you think they should let the lottery revenue from all the states go into Health Care or medicare...

Almost every week i hear on CNN the comment about Health Care or Medicare....All the time...You don't hear no comment about education on the news...So if this is so should lottery revenue from all the states go to "health Care or Medicare"....

Maybe it will not work in the USA because of the size of the USA in population...But let's put the example of Germany who has around 82 million people....States in the USA generate 1 billion dollars from revenue from the lottery and they have a population like 4 million....I am saying, a country like Germany with around 85 million people should generate like 10 billion dollars from revenue from the lottery if in fact they tax 50% of every dollar....Ask how much does it cost to construct one Hospital and equip it with equipment...Maybe to construct the hospital will cost you around 25-30 million dollars and to equip it will cost you another 25 million dollars...That's a total of 50 million dollars...10 billion divided by 50 million dollars = 200 HOSPITALS...you hear that 200 Hospital in Germany each DAMN YEAR...in 3 years Germany which is perhaps the size of Texas, will have 600 Hospitals...in 5 years it will have 1,000 Hospitals in 10 years that will be 2,000 hospitals in a region the size of Texas...LOL....In 20 years that will be 4,000 HUGE HOSPITALS in Germany...And because the equipment is bought already and construction is done we only have to charge people for the service of a doctor/nurse WHICH WILL BRING THE PRICE OF HEALTH CARE VERY LOW...

and these are not private hospitals these are hospitals that belong to the government FOR THE PEOPLE...

My question is If we can do that in Germany why can't we do that in the USA and take care of the "Health CAre System" once and for all or of the Medicare....Or whatever care....

And tell me what will happen if kids didn't get lottery revenue for education are they going to die, people die becaus they don't have health care...The problem in the USA is that it COST TOO MUCH THE SALARY OF MANY PROFESSIONS....

And remember Germany will get 10 billion by charging 1 dollar per ticket, what if you was to charge 2 dollars per ticket....LOL...

i know is kind of late to mention it but Anyways i am curious to know what's your opinion....

The USA i think but i am not sure but i think the USA gets 55 billion dollars each year from lottery [i could be wrong i don't know], but if they were to charge 2 dollars per each lottery ticket game, that number will go up from 55 billion to 110 billion dollars each YEAR..Money that could go to fixing "Health Care" or "Medicare"in the USA.....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8390 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2009, 11:35 am - IP Logged
      The usa fed's have just increased the tax on cigarettes.... by as much a 80 cents in some states
       Charging more for lottery tickets would only create problems for the payout structure. Nobody is going to want to pay an additional dollar to play pick 3 or 4 games or any other games unless they increase the payout to match the expense of playing.

On February 4th, 2009, the Federal Government enacted legislation to fund
      the expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) that
      increases excise taxes on cigarettes by 158%.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        konane's avatar - wallace
        Atlanta, GA
        United States
        Member #1265
        March 13, 2003
        3348 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2009, 11:45 am - IP Logged

In one word emphatically NO.  Lottery funds sould remain as their original designation is per state.  To do otherwise gives state government bureaucrats a new way to funnel money into a black hole of mismanagement, graft .... all the stuff governments are famous for.

Good luck to everyone!

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2009, 4:20 pm - IP Logged
          The usa fed's have just increased the tax on cigarettes.... by as much a 80 cents in some states
           Charging more for lottery tickets would only create problems for the payout structure. Nobody is going to want to pay an additional dollar to play pick 3 or 4 games or any other games unless they increase the payout to match the expense of playing.

YOu are going to tell me that the cigarettes's tax goes to pay health care...How sorry they are...

charging 2 dollars per each lottery ticket will be easier because the lottery/house as usual gets its 50% tax....Remember that you should get paid 1,000 for a straight option on Pick3 but because the government taxes you 50% you only get 500.....So increasing an extra dollar means that you should get 2,000 dollars for a Pick3 straight option but because the government is going to tax you 50% you are only going to get paid 1,000 dollars...But i honestly don't think they should pay 1,000 but 800 dollars for 2 dollars option on the ticket....

And what about energy? If they were to charge 2 dollars The USA will be making 110 BILLION DOLLARS each year, money that could go to Energy...For instance, they could build in the desert or in an Entire state like Montana, they could populate it with solar panels or windmills that store energy and then send that energy to your home, making you pay almost nothing for electricity...And now that they are talking about making electric cars that you can plug in your house and charge them to reduce global polution gases....

If ALL the cars in the USA were electric wouldn't that totally eliminate polution, wouldn't that make the USA the most green country in the world...

And this is only 1 year, i think that making 110 billion dollars each year in 5 year they will complete the state or desert with windmills or solar panels....So what's with the rest of the years after the 5 years....They can make start going after the houses and remodel houses and make them with solar panels thus making houses green...

All this by just playing the lottery 2 dollars per ticket, and know that not even 40% of the USA population play lottery on a consistent basis...What you think will happen if they know that if they play lottery they will contribute to eliminate pollution from the USA and pay nothing for electricity....You play the lottery, you are getting paid and at the same time you are eliminating pollution from your country.... 

Again these are topics that are way more important than education...What's Health Care, Medicare & Energy are more important than education...But no offense to the USA but you know why the USA is suffering energy wise? Because the USA is always fascinated with young kids...This money could surely go to that, but why it doesn't go? Notice that when they kill a little white kids it stays on the news for a whole year...This doesn't happen in other countries...

And ask yourself which one will you rather? Energy free or having to pay no money for electricity, that your country is listed as the greenest country in the world, and that you don't have to use gasoline anymore because your country uses electric cars or that you have a high standard of education...Exactly...

remember gas is 60 dollars a barrel right now, but it will rise later in the future to 200 dollars or 250 dollars a barrel...Are you bracing yourself for that...are you bracing yourself for when your smack the breaks and hit a wall or post...

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8390 Posts
            Posted: April 4, 2009, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

YOu are going to tell me that the cigarettes's tax goes to pay health care...How sorry they are...

charging 2 dollars per each lottery ticket will be easier because the lottery/house as usual gets its 50% tax....Remember that you should get paid 1,000 for a straight option on Pick3 but because the government taxes you 50% you only get 500.....So increasing an extra dollar means that you should get 2,000 dollars for a Pick3 straight option but because the government is going to tax you 50% you are only going to get paid 1,000 dollars...But i honestly don't think they should pay 1,000 but 800 dollars for 2 dollars option on the ticket....

And what about energy? If they were to charge 2 dollars The USA will be making 110 BILLION DOLLARS each year, money that could go to Energy...For instance, they could build in the desert or in an Entire state like Montana, they could populate it with solar panels or windmills that store energy and then send that energy to your home, making you pay almost nothing for electricity...And now that they are talking about making electric cars that you can plug in your house and charge them to reduce global polution gases....

If ALL the cars in the USA were electric wouldn't that totally eliminate polution, wouldn't that make the USA the most green country in the world...

And this is only 1 year, i think that making 110 billion dollars each year in 5 year they will complete the state or desert with windmills or solar panels....So what's with the rest of the years after the 5 years....They can make start going after the houses and remodel houses and make them with solar panels thus making houses green...

All this by just playing the lottery 2 dollars per ticket, and know that not even 40% of the USA population play lottery on a consistent basis...What you think will happen if they know that if they play lottery they will contribute to eliminate pollution from the USA and pay nothing for electricity....You play the lottery, you are getting paid and at the same time you are eliminating pollution from your country.... 

Again these are topics that are way more important than education...What's Health Care, Medicare & Energy are more important than education...But no offense to the USA but you know why the USA is suffering energy wise? Because the USA is always fascinated with young kids...This money could surely go to that, but why it doesn't go? Notice that when they kill a little white kids it stays on the news for a whole year...This doesn't happen in other countries...

And ask yourself which one will you rather? Energy free or having to pay no money for electricity, that your country is listed as the greenest country in the world, and that you don't have to use gasoline anymore because your country uses electric cars or that you have a high standard of education...Exactly...

remember gas is 60 dollars a barrel right now, but it will rise later in the future to 200 dollars or 250 dollars a barrel...Are you bracing yourself for that...are you bracing yourself for when your smack the breaks and hit a wall or post...

Pumpi said: YOu are going to tell me that the cigarettes's tax goes to pay health care

Yes this is one way the states are picking up extra cash for children's health care.

The Maryland lottery already gets money from the lottery for public health care this is for people that don't have Medicare or other health insurance it is designated to low income family's.. see below

Lottery revenues are deposited into the State's General Fund. Over $529 million was contributed to support such services and programs as education, public health, human resources, public safety and much more, all of which greatly benefit the citizens of Maryland.

Any state lottery that contributes lottery dollars to the general fund already are donating to health care programs.

No matter how much the lottery can get selling 2 dollar tickets people aren't going to want to put out their hard earned cash for lottery tickets unless the fees match the odds of winning that have been set in place since the beginning of the lottery, to ask for two dollars on the same prize to payout ratio isn't going to cut it.  1.00 straight = $500 pick 3 most states. $80.00 box

If state lottery's pulled a stunt like this $2.00 tickets they will loose money because most people wouldn't play.

Scratch offs for a dollar will sell like hot cakes though.

Aside from that Maryland lottery already has a 2.00 ticket in multi match but you get 3 lines for two bucks. Which some people think is ok however i don't.
            I think the ticket should only cost a buck because the game to game roll over sucks as well as the odds. 
            So any increase in other tickets better come with some perks. Better payouts and odds.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: April 4, 2009, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

What needs to be done is create another set of games perhaps mind games that will work like the lottery but where the lottery will be a set of games apart...Something like gamesville perhaps online but where online lottery is outlawed so that it will cator to a different kind of people and this way raise money too...But you must outlaw, make it illegal to create online lottery so that it will not compete with the state lottery....Create this games tax it 50% and use the revenue for Health Care...I think that if you create Online Games will raise also 110 BILLION DOLLARS EVERY YEAR...Money that can go to fixing health care....

but you will have to for it alone will generate lots of money...But you must make that the money a person can make/win is not too much like 10,000 or 20,000 dollars so that it will not compete with the state lottery...

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5142 Posts
                Posted: April 4, 2009, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

HOW Do DA Do DA so "FAST"?

BUT IF it HELP's pur chillion>>

PSYKO is 4 DA>>whata think?

Everytime I go 2 DE post off 2

do my business>I like 2 stand

in LINE>>>>>>BUT they R>

so SLOW it make's me want 2

light-up a cuban & RELAX!!!!!

HOPE DEM chillion line's R>>

"FASTER" >>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't want DEM chillion 2 die

IN de (SCHIP) line>wow DEM

kid's R gona scream like hell!!

"KID'ssss R SMART">>>>>!!!

transation:

SCHIP 4 kid's gotta GIVE better service than anyone

working 4-D POSTAL>>>>SYSTEM!!!! (WE HOPE)!!

PSYKOMO

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5142 Posts
                  Posted: April 4, 2009, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

HOW Do DA Do DA so "FAST"?

BUT IF it HELP's pur chillion>>

PSYKO is 4 DA>>whata think?

Everytime I go 2 DE post off 2

do my business>I like 2 stand

in LINE>>>>>>BUT they R>

so SLOW it make's me want 2

light-up a cuban & RELAX!!!!!

HOPE DEM chillion line's R>>

"FASTER" >>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't want DEM chillion 2 die

IN de (SCHIP) line>wow DEM

kid's R gona scream like hell!!

"KID'ssss R SMART">>>>>!!!

transation:

SCHIP 4 kid's gotta GIVE better service than anyone

working 4-D POSTAL>>>>SYSTEM!!!! (WE HOPE)!!

PSYKOMO

Help>HELP>>>>Lottery Post

"OCTAMOM" really HIT$$$$

"JACKPOT "$$$$$$$$$$$

she need's SCHIP 4-D kids

make UR donation S@@N!!

(she is very attractive  222 & kids R cute)

PSYKO