Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how to play pick 3,4 and 5 games

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Tlot1234.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #48387
December 24, 2006
6 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2009, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

I am new to posting on lotterypost forums and trying my hand at a new thread I hope has not already been posted.  Anyway, I looked but did not find.

I my question is this. When playing games such as pick3, 4 or 5 where there are two drawings in a given day(midday and evening), which is a better strategy for analyzing the numbers - keep as separate games or evaluate together in the order the drawings happen.  The later would require putting the middays and evening in order and alternating.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2009, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I am new to posting on lotterypost forums and trying my hand at a new thread I hope has not already been posted.  Anyway, I looked but did not find.

I my question is this. When playing games such as pick3, 4 or 5 where there are two drawings in a given day(midday and evening), which is a better strategy for analyzing the numbers - keep as separate games or evaluate together in the order the drawings happen.  The later would require putting the middays and evening in order and alternating.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

Welcome to Lottery Post.

There are people who look at that issue both ways -- as separate games and as a single game.  It really depends on your point of view, the way your system(s) work, and the type of lottery drawings your particular state conducts.  (Do they use the same equipment for both midday and evening?)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
      Member #48387
      December 24, 2006
      6 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2009, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd,

Actually, I have been studying the numbers for sometime considering both points of view while not sure if it matters for a computerized drawing.

I have looking at the report cards of each state unfortunately my state is at the bottom.

Without going into a lot of detail. I have created some tools that may be showing me patterns in the random numbers (which I believe are more psuedo-random than truely random). 

I was wondering if splitting the drawings would skew my results anymore than take them in order.

It is hard to tell without recreating the method used to generated the numbers. I have heard of a lot of methods and some of them are pretty random.

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2009, 8:43 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd,

Actually, I have been studying the numbers for sometime considering both points of view while not sure if it matters for a computerized drawing.

I have looking at the report cards of each state unfortunately my state is at the bottom.

Without going into a lot of detail. I have created some tools that may be showing me patterns in the random numbers (which I believe are more psuedo-random than truely random). 

I was wondering if splitting the drawings would skew my results anymore than take them in order.

It is hard to tell without recreating the method used to generated the numbers. I have heard of a lot of methods and some of them are pretty random.

Sorry to hear about your state using computers for their drawings.  Not a nice thought.

Don't give up though!  There are so many reasons why computerized drawings are bad, but it doesn't mean you can't stay on the "plus" side of things by playing smart.

If you're looking for some numbers to play, it may be worth it to try a month of Platinum membership to get access to the Lucky's Daily Tracker system.  It has a nice, smaller set of numbers that are designed to play directly.  The system tracks recent hot and cold trends and plays a set of combinations designed to trap certain digits.

The Lucky's Followers system can also be a nice way to either obtain a smaller set of numbers, plus it has a larger set of numbers that can be used for compairsons and filtering.  That system produces the numbers that typically follow the last combo drawn in each game, and is based upon decades of draw history.

I try to keep from being overly "salesy" and push premium memberships, so please excuse me if it comes off that way.  There are a number of very helpful tools here, but I like to recommend the Lucky's systems especially when someone is "stuck" and looking for help, because the systems can provide very specific help for each individual game.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2009, 8:58 am - IP Logged

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

"When playing games such as pick3, 4 or 5 where there are two drawingsin a given day(midday and evening), which is a better strategy foranalyzing the numbers - keep as separate games or evaluate together inthe order the drawings happen."

The answer to this will depend on how your system evaluates the numbers. You already know tracking both drawings will require twice the work.

Backtest your method against both strategies.

If the results are worse when the drawings are combined, you'll know to keep them separate.

If the results are better when the drawings are combined, then you will have to decide if the amount of improvement justifies the extra work.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
            Southeastern Ohio
            United States
            Member #13850
            April 16, 2005
            783 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2009, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

My reply is only directed to pic-5 games. If you have two pic-5 drawings per day, and the same machines and ball sets are being utilized, then in my opinion it is advantagious to consider all drawings when tracking the results. The same can be said for lotteries that are computerized. As long as the equipment being used remains the same, all of the above remains relevent. The more material you have to work with, the better chance you have in discovering winning solutions in your study.

United States
              Member #48387
              December 24, 2006
              6 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2009, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

My system is more about looking at number patterns and considering probabilities by looking at the numbers that hit the most for each digit in the 5/36 drawing.  I have a program that will parse comma delimited files and place the results in tables I have created.  Each table provides a unique view of the large collection of draw histories I have on this game.  The comma delimited files are downloaded from the Indiana lottery website.

I do not want to get fooled by the results since I am starting to see patterns in the data I am collecting.  This is why I posted the question to make sure there nothing something missing in my process.

No conclusions yet but it looks like there might be something in the numbers.

Its all a work in progress.

ace649's avatar - Lottery-019.jpg

Canada
                Member #66533
                October 28, 2008
                170 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2009, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Sorry to hear about your state using computers for their drawings.  Not a nice thought.

Don't give up though!  There are so many reasons why computerized drawings are bad, but it doesn't mean you can't stay on the "plus" side of things by playing smart.

If you're looking for some numbers to play, it may be worth it to try a month of Platinum membership to get access to the Lucky's Daily Tracker system.  It has a nice, smaller set of numbers that are designed to play directly.  The system tracks recent hot and cold trends and plays a set of combinations designed to trap certain digits.

The Lucky's Followers system can also be a nice way to either obtain a smaller set of numbers, plus it has a larger set of numbers that can be used for compairsons and filtering.  That system produces the numbers that typically follow the last combo drawn in each game, and is based upon decades of draw history.

I try to keep from being overly "salesy" and push premium memberships, so please excuse me if it comes off that way.  There are a number of very helpful tools here, but I like to recommend the Lucky's systems especially when someone is "stuck" and looking for help, because the systems can provide very specific help for each individual game.

Welcome to the LP Tlot1234.

We all are here for some kind help for sure other than the PROS. I have always asked for help here and got whtever I needed .

But Todd I dont consider you as a sales manager or a salesy guy which you have mentioned  in the past.I personally think that you are doing a wonderful job here buy  suggesting them the system  which  would considerably do  better, and that is backed by most of the members here in LP.

I am seriously thinking of upgrading to a premuim memebership and use those system rather than spending money on my quickpicks.

Once again thanks Todd I will definately experiment with this....for sure coz the idea here is to experiment and get the best.

Pogo's avatar - wfl
                  NC
                  United States
                  Member #29378
                  January 1, 2006
                  552 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2009, 2:47 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LotteryPost! I think the different view points have already been touched here, so I'd just like to add that the Luck's system is nice - especially on a budget... Welcome, and hope to see you around... Pogo

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23259 Posts
                    Posted: April 24, 2009, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP Tlot1234.

We all are here for some kind help for sure other than the PROS. I have always asked for help here and got whtever I needed .

But Todd I dont consider you as a sales manager or a salesy guy which you have mentioned  in the past.I personally think that you are doing a wonderful job here buy  suggesting them the system  which  would considerably do  better, and that is backed by most of the members here in LP.

I am seriously thinking of upgrading to a premuim memebership and use those system rather than spending money on my quickpicks.

Once again thanks Todd I will definately experiment with this....for sure coz the idea here is to experiment and get the best.

Thank you! Smiley

United States
                      Member #48387
                      December 24, 2006
                      6 Posts
                      Posted: April 26, 2009, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

thanks to all for the warm welcome.

I need to look into Lucky's system.  The tool I have developed is giving me a lot of results to chew on so I need to learn all I can about the collective experiences of those who have been playing the game.