Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Million picks, seperate tickets or not?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 8 years ago by fja.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
catmeds's avatar - Cardinal
Williamsburg, Virginia
United States
Member #54454
August 19, 2007
208 Posts
Posted: April 14, 2009, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

I run an office lottery pool for the Mega Millions and out of courtesy to the clerk I order as many number's on one ticket as they can.  I'll purchase any where from 13-20 tickets at a time.

Recently one the clerks made the remark that the tickets must not be for me since I chose not to do them on seperate tickets.

How does everyone purchse their tickets and do you notice more hits one way versus the other? Also, I've noticed I have better luck buying my quick picks the day before than on the day off. We have since swore off personal picks because it's poison.

Thanks.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: April 14, 2009, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

Selling lottery tickets doesn't make a clerk an expert on how to buy them.  It more likely he/she was just making conversation.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5615 Posts
      Posted: April 14, 2009, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Right now I usually play only one or two lines with the megaplier. But when I played 5 or 10 lines I would play QP's along with my own picks. It was interesting to see how once in a while the QP's would run many of the same numbers I played. So I started playing QP's on a different playslip.

Now I always play my own numbers only. I think QP's are fine, except I keep files of where the numbers come up positionally and I don't want any weird combos like 3 or 4 numbers concurrent ( 10-11-12-13, etc).

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
        Sunny California
        United States
        Member #63790
        August 8, 2008
        220 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2009, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

I know what you mean rcbbuckeye with those qp's. I stopped playing qp's because I was getting tired of getting lines with 4 consecutive numbers or a line that reads 1-2-49-50-51 MB 1. Now I just pick my own numbers.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
          Dallas, TX
          United States
          Member #60284
          April 12, 2008
          3856 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2009, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

I usally buy $2 worth, one QP and one SP. I have a personal competition with the quick picks...

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
            Member #91
            January 19, 2002
            11938 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2009, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Because there is a higher percentage of people who win with just a couple of lines in there ticket, there is an asumption that you have a better chance of winning if you have less than 5 lines per ticket.  basically there are more people who only play a couple of lines when they by MM tickets. 

I could tell you not to play the same numbers more than once per draw because most of the hits are single tickets and not multiple.....

just another system/myth,,,whatever you want to call it.

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields