Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many of you feel discouraged when more states join PB or MM?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #54390
August 17, 2007
313 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2009, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Ever since Florida joined Powerball and jacked up the chances of losing, I quit.   When California joined MM, I was about to quit but at the time it was pretty close to Powerball odds so I decided to stay.  With more states Joining PB or MM, the chances of winning gets worse and worse.  If anymore states join Mega Millions and the odds go up, I QUIT .

Baton Rouge, LA
    United States
    Member #4602
    May 7, 2004
    700 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2009, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

I don't like it when it gets harder to win, that's why I wait until the Powerball hits $100 million before buying tickets for myself.  If the odds get raised, I may raise that floor as well.  On the other hand, the jackpots climb faster and higher, which is OK.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2009, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

If you ain't in you can't win.................

United States
        Member #73221
        April 8, 2009
        15 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2009, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

I have no objection at all to other states joining, but I do object vehemently to them jacking up the matrix to make the odds even more extreme!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2009, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

I have no objection at all to other states joining, but I do object vehemently to them jacking up the matrix to make the odds even more extreme!

That's what happens when they add a state though.

Peope get excited over the promise of bigger jackpots. The "Possible $500,000,000 Jackpot" with the addition of California to Mega Millions hasn't happened yet, not even close.

I rhink I'd rather see a third multi-state entity (something beyond the three state Win for Life) than I would anymore Powerball or Mega Million expansions.

Teh already near impossible odds just get ridiculous.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
            Marquette, MI
            United States
            Member #20541
            August 20, 2005
            710 Posts
            Posted: April 19, 2009, 12:40 am - IP Logged

The state lotteries are getting greedy and stupid.  They are bound and determined to dilute and ruin the games.  It is easier to dilute and ruin than it is to come up with better games to attract the players.

The odds are too high already and when they go higher I will quit.

What  next?  Will we be able to play any states in-state games?  How about being able to buy tickets from anywhere in the world from your states terminal?

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
              Member #6363
              August 20, 2004
              4151 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2009, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Can you not play your local state lotto to get away from the MM odds? And then when MM or PB gets way up in the prize range you want you can put a buck or two on it then?

I usually don't play any of the big games until the top prize reaches 100M. Like any of the the lower prizes wouldn't make me happy.  Wink

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: April 19, 2009, 1:08 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't mind them adding more states if they didn't up the matrix. But I guess we can't have it both ways.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."