Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If there was such a internet television show LIVE ON LOTTO topics?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Think.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #163
April 2, 2002
195 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2009, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

During this one hour 1x per week live internet television show what would you want to see as content?

Hello! all I am thinking up and writing a lotto show and I request all the help I can get from you professionals! I just need creative input on such a show!

And last if there was? would you watch it each week?

Thanks Irisheyes

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: April 20, 2009, 1:19 am - IP Logged

What games are played.

(Whether it's the show host or people being interviewed perhaps, or have e-mailed in or otherwise made contact, goes for all comments here).

Method of number selection, and why.

"Level" of play, i.e., how much is spent on games. For example, spending $46 on Mega Millions to play every Mega number so to guarantedd a "winner" isn't exactly "advanced" play.

Biggest win to date.

Things covered in the forums here- mathematics and mystical for instance.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
      Member #163
      April 2, 2002
      195 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2009, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Indeed this gets the ball rolling  - those are some great topics...yes, a host that will talk and share lotto news with! Exciting talk!

Thanks

KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!!!

hoping2winbig's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
        Nebraska
        United States
        Member #72306
        March 15, 2009
        289 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2009, 7:42 am - IP Logged

Idea Great idea ! ................... what about having some guest experts come on the show to teach

strategies for winning Power ball , pick 5 , etc

I would definitely watch every week White Bounce

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7314 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2009, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

During this one hour 1x per week live internet television show what would you want to see as content?

Hello! all I am thinking up and writing a lotto show and I request all the help I can get from you professionals! I just need creative input on such a show!

And last if there was? would you watch it each week?

Thanks Irisheyes

Several state lotteries have 1/2 hour TV game where players are chosen from entry ticket. The shows usually have prelimenary round that build to the excitement of someone winning lots of money. I suppose people watch for that reason or to see if their name will be drawn to appear on a future show if they sent in an entry ticket. The shows have the live lottery drawnings at the end and player watch it it for the results.

It's possible to tie in a show with tips and strategies for the state's online lottery games, but I doubt a full hour show once a week would continue to draw viewers. The bottom line in television is viewer interest.

Good luck on creating a show.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2009, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Thought of something else - how about a segment on what does not work.

Kind of a "lotto urban legends" or myths, if you will.

Here's one - several lotto "gurus" have said a pick 3 total should be 15. In Illinois, for one, I know for a fact that this is just not the case.

This could be things that, no matter how good or tempting they sound, just don't produce winners.

(Likea lotto version of the sports betting theory about betting against California NFL teams on the road in the snow. It just didn't work).

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19829 Posts
              Posted: April 21, 2009, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Idea Great idea ! ................... what about having some guest experts come on the show to teach

strategies for winning Power ball , pick 5 , etc

I would definitely watch every week White Bounce

Idea How can you tell if someone is an expert on strategies for winning any lottery game if they haven't won a lottery jackpot themselves?  Just winning a lottery jackpot even once could be attributed more to luck than knowledge.  There are plenty of strategies and self-claimed lottery experts out there doing a lot of talking and winning nothing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #163
                April 2, 2002
                195 Posts
                Posted: April 23, 2009, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Idea How can you tell if someone is an expert on strategies for winning any lottery game if they haven't won a lottery jackpot themselves?  Just winning a lottery jackpot even once could be attributed more to luck than knowledge.  There are plenty of strategies and self-claimed lottery experts out there doing a lot of talking and winning nothing.

That is brilliant..........expose the real losers......sd s joke segment....not telling these guru's first, put them on the hot seat!!

and at the same time start to hunt down real winners and they share there experience of winning and how it happened?

Anyone know a Booking Agent to hunt down those winners or does the state lotto maybe they could help?

Keep the juices flowing people - we have to create magic in a bottle to keep peoples attention!!

Thanks

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                  Marquette, MI
                  United States
                  Member #20541
                  August 20, 2005
                  705 Posts
                  Posted: April 23, 2009, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Well the first forty or so weeks you could go to each states lottery office and talk about it and go inside and interview The lottery commisioner of each state and ask what is new and what directions the games are going in.