Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Maine lottery 'fraud'

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 8 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Maine
United States
Member #73761
April 23, 2009
3 Posts
Posted: April 23, 2009, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Hi;

I have been playing  Maine's on line fast play 'Break the Bank' . I have tickets with a $4 prize, but un- like NH which has prize tiers from 1-2-4-5$... Me. has 1-3-5$ ... there is no $4 prize. I have talked with people at the lottery and am assured there is no such prize ... yet they feel nothing is wrong.

any thoughts ??

Think's avatar - lightbulb
    Marquette, MI
    United States
    Member #20541
    August 20, 2005
    705 Posts
    Posted: April 23, 2009, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Hi;

I have been playing  Maine's on line fast play 'Break the Bank' . I have tickets with a $4 prize, but un- like NH which has prize tiers from 1-2-4-5$... Me. has 1-3-5$ ... there is no $4 prize. I have talked with people at the lottery and am assured there is no such prize ... yet they feel nothing is wrong.

any thoughts ??

Have you tried reading the official rules for that game?

Maine
      United States
      Member #73761
      April 23, 2009
      3 Posts
      Posted: April 23, 2009, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

...  what I posted before  ...   ' I have talked with the Maine lottery people... ' 

They say there is no prize ...  on the web site there is no prize listed ... Maine lottery has talked to their  vendors ... 

So if u buy a tic with a 4$ prize,  Maine is selling  ' a worthless instrument' or fraud.  I was just told by 'Joe' in marketing ....  that the 4 is ment to be combind to other prizes, which it can't be.... drum roll ... because there is no ....

So if I buy a 'Break the Bank' with 3 possible prizes ... say 3-4 100-  ... is't it  the same as buying  3 light bulbs, only one is burned out ... ??  

I know this is silly but I was wondering   where it all goes ...

thank you

United States
        Member #54390
        August 17, 2007
        313 Posts
        Posted: April 23, 2009, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

There's a lottery in Maine? ..................................People live in Maine?

It's weird how you never hear of people living in Maine, Rhode Island or Wyoming.

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3475 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2009, 2:12 am - IP Logged

Hi;

any thoughts ??

How could you possibly have a ticket with a $4 prize if there are no $4 prizes in the game? What is it that makes you think you've won this nonexistent prize?