Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 2:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Validating A Scatch Off Ticket

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 8 years ago by dr65.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
St. Petersburg
United States
Member #73795
April 24, 2009
3 Posts
Posted: April 24, 2009, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Hello, I am new at this... so, please be patient with me on this one! I am just trying to help a friend of mine out. he doesn"t have internet service, and he lives out of state. He has 2 scratch offs, right and he cant redeem them because they are from Florida. Trust me, he has already tried. So, he asked if there was anyway to find out if they are valid or winners by going to some website online for scratch off tickets. I have tried several different Lotto websites and nothing is coming up. So, that's how I ended up here in this forum. Now, what he did was gave me the serial numbers from both tickets. However, they are the same numbers with a 3 letter code at the end, even though they are 2 different scratch off games. I thought that was odd, do you? Anyways, is there any such website to go to or anyone to make a phone call to, where I could give them the serial number from the tickets to find out if they are valid. He really thinks they are winners, so I am just trying to help. Maybe, he don't know how to read them right, I don't know. If there is anyone that can help me with this issue, PLEASE LET ME KNOW A.S.A.P.!!!!! I will check back in a couple days or so. Thanks!!!

St. Petersburg
    United States
    Member #73795
    April 24, 2009
    3 Posts
    Posted: April 24, 2009, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Hello, I am new at this... so, please be patient with me on this one! I am just trying to help a friend of mine out. he doesn"t have internet service, and he lives out of state. He has 2 scratch offs, right and he cant redeem them because they are from Florida. Trust me, he has already tried. So, he asked if there was anyway to find out if they are valid or winners by going to some website online for scratch off tickets. I have tried several different Lotto websites and nothing is coming up. So, that's how I ended up here in this forum. Now, what he did was gave me the serial numbers from both tickets. However, they are the same numbers with a 3 letter code at the end, even though they are 2 different scratch off games. I thought that was odd, do you? Anyways, is there any such website to go to or anyone to make a phone call to, where I could give them the serial number from the tickets to find out if they are valid. He really thinks they are winners, so I am just trying to help. Maybe, he don't know how to read them right, I don't know. If there is anyone that can help me with this issue, PLEASE LET ME KNOW A.S.A.P.!!!!! I will check back in a couple days or so. Thanks!!!

In Desperate Need Of Help!!

United States
      Member #58528
      February 18, 2008
      710 Posts
      Posted: April 24, 2009, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Have him send the tickets to a friend in Florida.The friend can have them scanned at any lottery retailer in Florida and can send the tickets back to him so he can take them to the Florida Lottery to cash them in if they are substanial winners.Or he can have his friend in Florida cash them in and send him the money if its not a large amount.The most important element in this solution is TRUST.

St. Petersburg
        United States
        Member #73795
        April 24, 2009
        3 Posts
        Posted: April 24, 2009, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Hey, Thanks for replying to my post MaddMike51! I greatly appreciate it. We'll he did mention that he would send them to me if he had to. He figured there was away to find out first before he went that route. Him and I don't have any trust issues. We are the best of friends have been for 20 years. He just recently moved up state and like I said I was just trying to see where to go with situation. If there is no other way but the way you gave, then I guess that's it then. I shall let him know. Again, thank you for your response. Have a great weekend!!!!

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3333 Posts
          Posted: April 24, 2009, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Go to the Florida Lottery site to read how to send in a potential winning ticket to them, and follow instructions about sending those tickets in.

Be sure and sign all tickets, also make copies of tickets front and back for your records.  If mailing them wrap tickets securely before placing in envelope.  Would send them by priority mail so there is a tracking record of delivery.  The Florida Lottery will let you know if those ticket are winners or not.  Good luck!!

Good luck to everyone!

United States
            Member #58528
            February 18, 2008
            710 Posts
            Posted: April 25, 2009, 12:02 am - IP Logged

Go to the Florida Lottery site to read how to send in a potential winning ticket to them, and follow instructions about sending those tickets in.

Be sure and sign all tickets, also make copies of tickets front and back for your records.  If mailing them wrap tickets securely before placing in envelope.  Would send them by priority mail so there is a tracking record of delivery.  The Florida Lottery will let you know if those ticket are winners or not.  Good luck!!

Actually he should send them "return receipt requested" or "registered mail".This way someone at the lottery headquarters will have to sign for them,this proves that they made it to the lottery and the lottery can't say that they never received the tickets.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
              North Dakota
              United States
              Member #13397
              April 5, 2005
              1623 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2009, 1:50 am - IP Logged

Maybe I'm not reading this thread right...  Why doesn't your friend just check the tickets himself to see if they are winners?  I would understand if they are the crosswords or bingo...  Those can be confusing at times and I myself have overlooked winners in the past on such tickets.  However, if the tickets are number matching or 3 like amounts...  It shouldn't be hard to distinguish a winner from a loser.  (Even for a rookie)

How are you going to win if you don't play?

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #74096
                May 2, 2009
                22978 Posts
                Posted: May 15, 2009, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Skeptical

Bypass the correct way of validation by going online to do it?

Huh?

Never heard of that.

Fishy.

The poster hasn't been back in awhile.

He's either sipping Margaritas on a beach somewhere living it up

or in a 4 x 6 room wearing a nice shade of orange.