Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Frustrating experience buying daily 4s.

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Classic47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #73512
April 16, 2009
106 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2009, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

I purchased 6 daily 4 tickets at a grocery store.  There were 3 number combinations (I wagered 2 way) and I wanted them both for evening and day. 

First off all, some idiot pulled the fire alarm as I was filling out my payslip which was really annoying (more on that later). 

But what really pissed me off is that slips do not allow for BOTH evening and midday drawings.  They allow for consequtive drawings, not both in the same day.  So I told the clerk the numbers and she typed them on one of those computers.  However, as she was completing my last numbers, the fire alarm went off again!  And when I got my tickets back, last numbers were in the wrong order.

Well, I just accepted it, but here's the kicker.  The manager came up to the clerk when the fire alarm went off and said to her (regarding typing out the numbers on the machine) "You're not supposed to do it that way".  Well, luckly she was through with the transaction, so I got my tickets, but what the hell?!  It's bad enough there's no way to wager both mid and eve drawings, but if there's a machine which allows a way around the limits of the payslip, why NOT use it? 

Now, I will be VERY VERY pissed if it turns out those numbers I WANTED were the winning numbers.  Losing thousands of dollars because some stupid idiot pulled the fire alarm would be just my luck.  If I DO win a few hundred bucks, I sure hope they redeem it LIKE THEY SHOULD or I'm going to be even more irrate. 

Well, end of rant number 2.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
    Dallas, TX
    United States
    Member #60284
    April 12, 2008
    3856 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2009, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Oh wow, that a story. Next time you can go to a different store, filled out all the slips, and make money. I usually go to the self service machine they have here at krogger. I feel like if I were to win the lottery it would be my own repsonsibility to get the numbers right.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2009, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

If you like playing particular sets of numbers a particular way then you should make out play slips.  Pickup a few extra ones and fill them out at home if filling them out at the terminal is frustrating.  Ultimately, you are responsible for what you play and getting upset at others because you're not winning is foolish.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #73512
        April 16, 2009
        106 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2009, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Na, I told her the numbers and she got confused and distracted because of the <snip> fire alarm.   The fire alarm also attracted the manager who told her she wasn't supposed to use the machine.  If none of that had happened, I am sure the numbers would have been right.  Also, if the payslips could be changed to allow both midday and evening drawings, this wouldn't have happened.  But who knows, maybe the mistake will work in my favor.  Big Smile

And ironically, this incident happened at a kroger.  Fancy that. 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Chicago
          United States
          Member #70678
          February 8, 2009
          889 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2009, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

"but if there's a machine which allows a way around the limits of the payslip, why NOT use it? "

Hey Classic47,

I can understand your frustration but you may feel differently the next time your waiting because the person infront of you handed over a piece of paper with over 20 number combo's they want to play.......or your waiting behind a person who keeps shouting off numbers and then it's "how much is that" "ok" and the numbers continue.

I agree with what others have suggested....it's much easier to fill out your slips at home.

I hope your next experience is a pleasant one. Playing the lottery is supposed to be fun! LOL : )

United States
            Member #73512
            April 16, 2009
            106 Posts
            Posted: April 27, 2009, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

"but if there's a machine which allows a way around the limits of the payslip, why NOT use it? "

Hey Classic47,

I can understand your frustration but you may feel differently the next time your waiting because the person infront of you handed over a piece of paper with over 20 number combo's they want to play.......or your waiting behind a person who keeps shouting off numbers and then it's "how much is that" "ok" and the numbers continue.

I agree with what others have suggested....it's much easier to fill out your slips at home.

I hope your next experience is a pleasant one. Playing the lottery is supposed to be fun! LOL : )

LOL actually, that has happened to me before.  I was waiting in line to buy a couple of scratchers and this woman was buying 40 bucks worth of daily 3 and 4 tickets.  I was only buying 6, but I can see that side.  I just don't understand why the machine exists in the first place if the managers are going to be so picky about it.