Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Worst And Best Lottery Web Sites

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Classic47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #62741
July 7, 2008
601 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2009, 8:53 am - IP Logged

what are the best sites and worst web sites and why? Does your state list # of winners,does the site post winning #s quickly after the draw,etc...C2

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10356 Posts
    Posted: May 1, 2009, 9:32 am - IP Logged

Illinois does the things you mentioned, but for a really informative website, try Missouri.

They have an excellent page on what to do if you win a jackpot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49835 Posts
      Posted: May 1, 2009, 9:46 am - IP Logged

what are the best sites and worst web sites and why? Does your state list # of winners,does the site post winning #s quickly after the draw,etc...C2

Their are literally thousands of Lottery Websites on the Web: So what are you asking?

What are the Best/Worst State Lottery Websites?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
        North Carolina
        United States
        Member #64582
        September 1, 2008
        347 Posts
        Posted: May 1, 2009, 10:10 am - IP Logged

What I'd like is to find a website where you can find the winningest stores around you. I keep playing at a couple places, but I don't know if they are winning places or just bad ones.

I used to think that I would skip the places where people had won, since I originally thought, that the "winning" karma was used up there. But after reading this group, I see that the places that win the most, keep winning it seems.

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
          North Carolina
          United States
          Member #64582
          September 1, 2008
          347 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2009, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Hey Cointoss - thanks for that information! I found the Missouri faq really interesting. Most states are pretty boring and have little info. Sounds like Missouri has a fun time, really help you out - and they have a Millionaires Picnic every year too!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10356 Posts
            Posted: May 1, 2009, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Raven62

I think copper2 was asking about official state lottery sites.

dk1421

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the site. Missouri did an excellent job, it is very informative.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49835 Posts
              Posted: May 1, 2009, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Raven62

I think copper2 was asking about official state lottery sites.

dk1421

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the site. Missouri did an excellent job, it is very informative.

What?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                Member #48046
                December 7, 2006
                1699 Posts
                Posted: May 1, 2009, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

I think I know what c-2 is asking,

At one of those Tn. web-sites,  for pick 5, Pb,  Lotto-Plus,  there's a thing on the side for

details

it'll tell you how many people won 4 of 5,  3 of 5  etc.

The pick 3 and pick 4 don't have that part.      ( I think that's it)

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
                  Atlantic Mine, Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #416
                  June 23, 2002
                  1614 Posts
                  Posted: May 1, 2009, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Out of all the states websites I would have to say that Michigan has to rank very high.  They have the amount of winner for each game and drawing, which I noticed a lot of site don't do.  They also started updating the scratch prizes that are left for each game every day!  And not just the top prizes, but every prize for every game.  I do think they have one of the best if not the best.

Brad

United States
                    Member #54390
                    August 17, 2007
                    313 Posts
                    Posted: May 1, 2009, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Virginia, hands down.

United States
                      Member #62741
                      July 7, 2008
                      601 Posts
                      Posted: May 1, 2009, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

The best AND worst state sites  galottery.com ,flalottery.com,tnlottery.com(sux) and so on....thx C2

United States
                        Member #62741
                        July 7, 2008
                        601 Posts
                        Posted: May 1, 2009, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

TRUE THAT ! Tn unlike ga does not list # of winners and it takes them forever to post winning pick 3 and pick 4 #s compared to GA.Texas has a good state site as you can see the pre test draws...does Tn even have a test draw ??? How many states do?Thx for input! C2

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                          Marquette, MI
                          United States
                          Member #20541
                          August 20, 2005
                          705 Posts
                          Posted: May 1, 2009, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Out of all the states websites I would have to say that Michigan has to rank very high.  They have the amount of winner for each game and drawing, which I noticed a lot of site don't do.  They also started updating the scratch prizes that are left for each game every day!  And not just the top prizes, but every prize for every game.  I do think they have one of the best if not the best.

Brad

Maybe but the Michigan website does not say how many tickets were printed for each scratch game and it does not tell you around how many are left.

Eg 771898/2500000.  That would be nice because you would know which games had the better odds for the prizes. 

It would also be nice if they told you  The number of prizes left and the total number of prizes the game started with at each prize level.

Eg Top prize 1/3  for 1 top prize left out of 3.

United States
                            Member #73512
                            April 16, 2009
                            106 Posts
                            Posted: May 4, 2009, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Maybe but the Michigan website does not say how many tickets were printed for each scratch game and it does not tell you around how many are left.

Eg 771898/2500000.  That would be nice because you would know which games had the better odds for the prizes. 

It would also be nice if they told you  The number of prizes left and the total number of prizes the game started with at each prize level.

Eg Top prize 1/3  for 1 top prize left out of 3.

Yup, they've  improved their site by updating scratcher information, but my one gripe has always been that they never tell how many tickets were originally sold.  Also, does anyone else find it wierd that the top prizes for the 20 dollar tickets are not listed?  I noticed this when they introduced one a couple of months ago and the only top prizes were several thousand ones, but nothing about the 2 million dollar top prize advertised.  Not that I would pay 20 bucks for a scratch ticket either way, but something doesn't make sense.