Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Free play question...

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 8 years ago by bashley572.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Golgo13's avatar - Goolag
Orange County, New York
United States
Member #140
March 10, 2002
6925 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2009, 10:11 am - IP Logged

If you played say $10 worth of a pick 5 game and had lets say 3 free play tickets after the results, would you consider that a hit since you really dont have the cash in your hand? I mean 3 free plays is the same as $3 being reinvested. My other question is, if you were keeping a record of your costs and played $10 and only hit for 3 free plays, would you now be minus $10 in your records or minus $7 since you hit for 3 free plays? Just curious.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
    Chicago
    United States
    Member #70678
    February 8, 2009
    889 Posts
    Posted: May 1, 2009, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

If you played say $10 worth of a pick 5 game and had lets say 3 free play tickets after the results, would you consider that a hit since you really dont have the cash in your hand? I mean 3 free plays is the same as $3 being reinvested. My other question is, if you were keeping a record of your costs and played $10 and only hit for 3 free plays, would you now be minus $10 in your records or minus $7 since you hit for 3 free plays? Just curious.

I'm glad Little Lotto pays money and not free plays.

I'm not sure what others will say but I would consider it a hit. The ticket is still a winner even if it's not for cash.

As for keeping records I would say you are minus $7. (Or you could say your minus $10 but count the 3 free plays with any money you win.) They're your personal records, there really is no right or wrong way.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: May 1, 2009, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

You might as well consider it minus $10 because the lottery does.  The lottery got your $10 and they know by giving you some free plays (which cost them nothing) rather than $3, they won't ever has to give any of it back to you.  I'm sure if the lottery had its rathers, it would rather pay off the jackpots with free plays too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7295 Posts
        Posted: May 2, 2009, 12:18 am - IP Logged

The 3 free plays will give you at least 13 plays for the same $10. For balancing your lottery expenditures, you would have to wait for the results of all the free plays. It's possible you could continue to get more free plays from the first 3 and might get 20 tickets from your $10. One of the free plays could be a $10 winner and then you would break even.

I've never liked free plays because I'd rather pick my own numbers; just give me my buck back.

Orange County, New York
          United States
          Member #140
          March 10, 2002
          6925 Posts
          Posted: May 2, 2009, 9:21 am - IP Logged

Thanks all for responding, I'm gonna go with it being just a free play and keep it seperate from my costs. If a free play ends up being a dollar amount winner, i wont include it in my lotto bank. Once again thanks!!

houston
            United States
            Member #50898
            March 19, 2007
            35 Posts
            Posted: May 5, 2009, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

is the free play a QP or do you pick your own numbers? that would make a difference to me. in texas you get two dollars for matching two numbers but we dont get large jackpot like other states

Set4life's avatar - 2554
              East Hampton, NY
              United States
              Member #41995
              June 25, 2006
              1137 Posts
              Posted: May 5, 2009, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Fps are qps,  back in march one of my fps turned out to be a winner 4 out of 5 , nothing big but it got me hooked lol.Cheers

$Group Hug$

FOR THE WIN!

Orange County, New York
                United States
                Member #140
                March 10, 2002
                6925 Posts
                Posted: May 5, 2009, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

is the free play a QP or do you pick your own numbers? that would make a difference to me. in texas you get two dollars for matching two numbers but we dont get large jackpot like other states

The free play here in NY is a quick pick, totally random numbers but is only worth $1 which you dont get in cash. Granted the jackpot might be bigger here but i would love to get $2 a pop for every free play that i got. Comparing how many times that i hit the jackpot (zero!) to how many times i hit for 2 out of 5 (many) I think i would have a different approach to the game. Have you been glancing at the "Diamondpalace cash five challenge" thread? You should take a look at it. Might give you an idea on what to play for that game in Texas.

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                  West Side of Sunny Florida
                  United States
                  Member #55048
                  September 8, 2007
                  3371 Posts
                  Posted: May 5, 2009, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Fps are qps,  back in march one of my fps turned out to be a winner 4 out of 5 , nothing big but it got me hooked lol.Cheers

NICE hit... !!

Money won is twice as good as money earned!