Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why are all the topics in this forum from early april back closed

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Raven62.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Woody's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
Member #148
March 24, 2002
168 Posts
Posted: May 7, 2009, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

to new comments? And why would someone want to subscribe to a topic that is closed? If there aren't new comments/replies/input to the topic why would a person want to subscribe to something that is not receive replys???? duh......This doesn't pass the common sense test........

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3104 Posts
    Posted: May 7, 2009, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

to new comments? And why would someone want to subscribe to a topic that is closed? If there aren't new comments/replies/input to the topic why would a person want to subscribe to something that is not receive replys???? duh......This doesn't pass the common sense test........

The subscribe offer doesn't differentiate between open and closed threads.  As you say it only makes sense to subscribe to open threads.  Threads stay open so long as posts continue to be added.  Once they drop to zero for two months or go without comment for the number of pages back Todd has chosen they close.  I'm not privy to Todd's exact formula which may vary from forum to forum, I'm basing this on past observations of the Systems forum. 

BobP

Woody's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
      Member #148
      March 24, 2002
      168 Posts
      Posted: May 7, 2009, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

The reason I brought this up is because I was going to post a observation I noted that might help Pick 3 players using Diamond Palace's glazed donut system but I couldn't post to the topic............oh well.........

I have gone through all, I think 69 pages of system topics, and wanted to provide my thoughts on some of the topics posted that might get players to think........"Hey, this might work if I do this and tweak this to do that" " Hmmmmmmmmmm why didn't I think of that?"

Hey Todd, why don't you reopen the systems topics to allow fresh comments?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19828 Posts
        Posted: May 7, 2009, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Start a new thread and keep it active by adding some new information or comments every few days.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23267 Posts
          Posted: May 7, 2009, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Don't you think that questions like this would be much more suitable to send me in a private message?  Unless the only reason to post it is to vent about it, but then again, it's better to vent in a blog rather than in the Lottery Systems forum.

I would be happy to provide an answer through private messaging.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49767 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2009, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

to new comments?

After 30 days of inactivity threads are automatically closed.

And why would someone want to subscribe to a topic that is closed?

One thought comes to mind: So they can easily locate a thread in the future. An alternate method would be : Place the Topic in Your Favorites.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49767 Posts
              Posted: May 7, 2009, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Start a new thread and keep it active by adding some new information or comments every few days.

It would be helpful to include a link to the closed thread so that others can easily refer back to the previous thread.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!