Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What does it mean?

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 8 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
JordanT1021's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
North Carolina
United States
Member #53121
June 24, 2007
6498 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2009, 8:50 am - IP Logged

What does it mean when the lottery officals say a game has to pay for itself?

Before midday started in pick 3 and nc just had evening draw only I asked a nc rep in a gas station one time, when is nc going to get get midday pick 3 or pick 4? The nc lottery rep stated when pick 3 ( evening draw ) pays for itself...

Now my question is this?

Let's say 800,00 tickets are bought for evening draw and the payout is only $200,000

that there is a $600,000 profit and the game just paid for itself....

how much money has to be made before a game pays for itself?

if nc started a new game like virginia has like fast play bingo or fast play dodgeball and $500,000 is raked in the 1st day and nc only pays out $100,00 isn't that the game paying for itself, b/c I would consider that paying for itself

Quoted by favor4:

Your winning number is not under attack. It's about to HIT. So Hang In There"

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: May 14, 2009, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

What does it mean when the lottery officals say a game has to pay for itself?

Before midday started in pick 3 and nc just had evening draw only I asked a nc rep in a gas station one time, when is nc going to get get midday pick 3 or pick 4? The nc lottery rep stated when pick 3 ( evening draw ) pays for itself...

Now my question is this?

Let's say 800,00 tickets are bought for evening draw and the payout is only $200,000

that there is a $600,000 profit and the game just paid for itself....

how much money has to be made before a game pays for itself?

if nc started a new game like virginia has like fast play bingo or fast play dodgeball and $500,000 is raked in the 1st day and nc only pays out $100,00 isn't that the game paying for itself, b/c I would consider that paying for itself

They also have other expenses, like people working for the lottery, machines, tickets-supplies buildings, electric, telephone-internet GTech or whoever else Etc.

Setting-up a state lottery is very expensive, it would take a while for it to pay for itself.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."