Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Unusual Proposal

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Moses.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

How many of you will sign the contract?

Yes, I will sign the contract and take the 5mil [ 5 ]  [18.52%]
No, I won't sign it and refuse the deal [ 22 ]  [81.48%]
Total Valid Votes [ 27 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
UK
United Kingdom
Member #9650
December 15, 2004
222 Posts
Posted: May 16, 2009, 9:06 am - IP Logged

If you are an ordinary working class citizen, one day receive a knock on the door and these people from lottery group come in to offer you a briefcase contains 5 million (currency) but ask you to sign the contract and pretend that you received 50 million (currency)

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8790 Posts
    Posted: May 16, 2009, 9:25 am - IP Logged

If I signed that I received 50 mil and only receive 5 mil I will need to pay 20 mil in taxes.ROFL

WHATT

UK
      United Kingdom
      Member #9650
      December 15, 2004
      222 Posts
      Posted: May 16, 2009, 9:33 am - IP Logged

If the deal comes from unusual source then obviously they would think of the Tax issues too!

Just suppose it is Tax-Free, in UK all lottery windfalls are Tax-Free however

May be you should move in to UKBig Smile

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: May 16, 2009, 10:30 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Lottery Discussion forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

UK
          United Kingdom
          Member #9650
          December 15, 2004
          222 Posts
          Posted: May 16, 2009, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Cheers Todd

Port St lucie
            United States
            Member #54218
            August 10, 2007
            9 Posts
            Posted: May 16, 2009, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

If you are an ordinary working class citizen, one day receive a knock on the door and these people from lottery group come in to offer you a briefcase contains 5 million (currency) but ask you to sign the contract and pretend that you received 50 million (currency)

Not far from the possible truth,as I tried to find exactly how Much profit Florida lottery has pulled in,(verses what they payed out and operation cost) This State should not be in hock and yet it is? the endless new schools we built down here based on a population that was renting not an actual tax base( home ownership)but the old schools were overcrowded  and bureacrats screamed they needed new schools five years ago now we are closing brand new schools..go figure?

It wouldn't be far from the truth for this to actaully happen at someones front door, i was explaining to this guy about scratch off tickets and what a rip-off they are, He could not understand once the grand prize was won the rest of those tickets where ever they were to be sold had substanly less then big winners, he didn't get it..

How does this relate to the post? The Florida Lottery has been itching to abadon the balls in the air chamber verses their computer picking it out and poll after poll the people(working class scream Foul when they try to change the format) another misleading effort on there part Anyone who has played E-Z match in the Fantasy(5) and place three or more games on ONE pencil computermarked ticket will tell you the computer pics the e-z match numbers to win extra money on all your other tickets but the ones you played on, Go up the machine and give them seperate filled out tickets for EACH ( and mix some paly 3's and play 4 between them and WALLA! you win the e-z match, try it if you don't believe me, both ways!!

So it wouldn't suprise me in the least for them to create a larger than life winner form some poor sap, then ask them where s all that revenue from the 50 million??? " WE had large operating cost's"

UK
              United Kingdom
              Member #9650
              December 15, 2004
              222 Posts
              Posted: May 16, 2009, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

Not far from the possible truth,as I tried to find exactly how Much profit Florida lottery has pulled in,(verses what they payed out and operation cost) This State should not be in hock and yet it is? the endless new schools we built down here based on a population that was renting not an actual tax base( home ownership)but the old schools were overcrowded  and bureacrats screamed they needed new schools five years ago now we are closing brand new schools..go figure?

It wouldn't be far from the truth for this to actaully happen at someones front door, i was explaining to this guy about scratch off tickets and what a rip-off they are, He could not understand once the grand prize was won the rest of those tickets where ever they were to be sold had substanly less then big winners, he didn't get it..

How does this relate to the post? The Florida Lottery has been itching to abadon the balls in the air chamber verses their computer picking it out and poll after poll the people(working class scream Foul when they try to change the format) another misleading effort on there part Anyone who has played E-Z match in the Fantasy(5) and place three or more games on ONE pencil computermarked ticket will tell you the computer pics the e-z match numbers to win extra money on all your other tickets but the ones you played on, Go up the machine and give them seperate filled out tickets for EACH ( and mix some paly 3's and play 4 between them and WALLA! you win the e-z match, try it if you don't believe me, both ways!!

So it wouldn't suprise me in the least for them to create a larger than life winner form some poor sap, then ask them where s all that revenue from the 50 million??? " WE had large operating cost's"

Well, here is my side of true story

Last time I took up my case to academics as well as law institutes claiming the number of prize winner as they claim don’t exist especially with Euro Million when they never had British Jackpot winner at that time then suddenly the very first British Jackpot winner of £75 million pound was just 10 miles distance from my home address!
              I would not take that for coincident! I think there was an especial arrangement between the winner and Camelot just to defeat my purpose!
              ...So, if the number of prize winners as they claim are untrue then there is every chance this multiple rollover jackpot winners are made up too!
              They payout small percentage of the actual prize to the arranged winner and pocket the rest! You would accept this 5mil offer and so would I
              If the lottery regulators are not prepared to answer questions and constantly taking the operator’s side then anything is possible!

I reveived blank reply from Lottery Commission, I complained to my MP and they took 4 months to send my reply to wrong address and at the end his reply was blank and refered me back to Lottery Commission! We're going around of big circle here, never ending story 

I like to hear your thoughts and true story

Moses

United States
                Member #24439
                October 22, 2005
                638 Posts
                Posted: May 16, 2009, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

If you have no confidence in the game you probably should not play. As the say after every lotto ad - It is just a game.

Everything is not a conspiracy. Between those you conspire and those who accuse others of conspiring is a thin line.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10345 Posts
                  Posted: May 16, 2009, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

I voted no.

If it's too good to be true, it is.

The easiest person to con is another con man.

Anyone offering you such a proposal is more than likely going to pull some kind of gypsy switch on you and leave you with a briefcase of blank paper.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

UK
                    United Kingdom
                    Member #9650
                    December 15, 2004
                    222 Posts
                    Posted: May 16, 2009, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

370billion dollar a year income worldwide, you call it just a game!!!!!!!

Money is power and power is money, the more you have the greedier you'll get

UK
                      United Kingdom
                      Member #9650
                      December 15, 2004
                      222 Posts
                      Posted: May 16, 2009, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

I voted no.

If it's too good to be true, it is.

The easiest person to con is another con man.

Anyone offering you such a proposal is more than likely going to pull some kind of gypsy switch on you and leave you with a briefcase of blank paper.

I like your way of thinking and probably you're right but on the serious note I personally take the money and run

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                        Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: May 16, 2009, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

If it has to do with a lot of money, there is probably something rotten there.

I have never trusted the lotteries and those companies that help run them, such as Camelot, GTech, Etc.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

UK
                          United Kingdom
                          Member #9650
                          December 15, 2004
                          222 Posts
                          Posted: May 17, 2009, 10:05 am - IP Logged

If it has to do with a lot of money, there is probably something rotten there.

I have never trusted the lotteries and those companies that help run them, such as Camelot, GTech, Etc.

Bravo to you but the theory is totally different from the reality just imagine this;

I (you) am holding the case full with cash in my arms, I close my eyes and keep on breathing in the sweet smell of new money but the angels inside me keep saying; "you can't take it, throw it away, you'll suffer for it later on, you'll never enjoy this money"

...And the devil says "Don't listen to her, just imagine what you could do with this money, you'll be work-free for the rest of your life"

There is a war going on between these two and then I felt the devil slapping my face and said "take it you dumb ass, you don’t want to use the money well don’t but you can give it to those they do need it the most, there is plenty of them around of you, sisters, brothers friends....”

At this moment I opened my eyes and said;

“Yes, you're right where do I have to sign?”

The real cash before your eyes will give you different perspectives!

I never voted but I don't think I will say no if it was for real

Moses