Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you use a lotto software

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 8 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2009, 8:09 am - IP Logged

Do you use a lotto software that can take your own generated numbers, scan them and select all the combinations that will match 4 numbers if any of the combinations contains four numbers drawn.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2009, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

You can do something similar to that using CoverMaster.  CoverMaster can create wheels and evaluate them also,  If you put your picks in a text file and import them into CoverMaster, it will evaluate them as if they were  wheeled.

If you don't have as good of coverage as you would like, it can create additional lines to get that coverage.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #24439
      October 22, 2005
      638 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2009, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

I have Covermasters it takes too long. I think it is gonna take 12 hours to auto optimize my numbers. I don't know what this will do and it is a little confusing to use there is gonna be a simpler way.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: May 24, 2009, 12:23 am - IP Logged

If you calculate the amount of combinations of fours that you cover as you generate each combination of five and you know the number of combinations of fours that exist for the conditions you are covering then you will have your answer as you generate each combination.

For example, if you are generating 5 number combinations, each combination cover five combinations of fours.  When you first start out, you write all 5 combinations of fours to a file and as you generate additional combinations of 5, you compare its 5 combinations of fours to the list of fours already in the file and only add the ones not in the file or if all 5 are there then you might skip that combination all together. You continue to do this until you have all the combinations of fives you want.

When you finish you have a count of the number of combinations of fours your list covers and if you are covering a pick5 game with a 50 numbers pool then you know it has 230,300 possible combinations of fours.  If your list cover 10,000 of them then you have covered 10,000/230,300 or 4.3% of the 2,118,760 possible combinations of fives with four numbers from your group.

There's probably a way to do this using a spread sheet program.  Good luck.

Evil Looking       

Kaptainess's avatar - hiro bird.jpg

United States
          Member #63356
          July 26, 2008
          1427 Posts
          Posted: May 24, 2009, 1:14 am - IP Logged

I know, I should get with the 'program'.  LoL!  I use paper and pen. 

I do the computer picks for the Powerball - people have hit with computer picks.

Virginia
            United States
            Member #73818
            April 25, 2009
            173 Posts
            Posted: May 24, 2009, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Program definitely...wouldn't attempt to do it without them.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: May 24, 2009, 2:23 am - IP Logged

Nope, I don't use a software program at the moment. I don't play enough lines to need a program. Lately, I've only been buying 3 or 4 tickets and they are ususally just a set if numbers I've been playing regularly.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                Dallas, TX
                United States
                Member #60284
                April 12, 2008
                3856 Posts
                Posted: May 24, 2009, 3:09 am - IP Logged

Yes. Softwares help alot in terms of calculations and automation, allowing one to see the weakness of the game, and I take offense in that area.

United States
                  Member #24439
                  October 22, 2005
                  638 Posts
                  Posted: May 24, 2009, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

If you calculate the amount of combinations of fours that you cover as you generate each combination of five and you know the number of combinations of fours that exist for the conditions you are covering then you will have your answer as you generate each combination.

For example, if you are generating 5 number combinations, each combination cover five combinations of fours.  When you first start out, you write all 5 combinations of fours to a file and as you generate additional combinations of 5, you compare its 5 combinations of fours to the list of fours already in the file and only add the ones not in the file or if all 5 are there then you might skip that combination all together. You continue to do this until you have all the combinations of fives you want.

When you finish you have a count of the number of combinations of fours your list covers and if you are covering a pick5 game with a 50 numbers pool then you know it has 230,300 possible combinations of fours.  If your list cover 10,000 of them then you have covered 10,000/230,300 or 4.3% of the 2,118,760 possible combinations of fives with four numbers from your group.

There's probably a way to do this using a spread sheet program.  Good luck.

You got me confused with someone mathematical inclined.

I will break down what you said and at least try to get a sum or count.

I have been downloading several lotto softwares that seems like the would analyse combinations like covermaster, lotto007, visual lotto analysizer and nothing.

Most claim the would analyse numbers for you. I see wheels for 4if5 combinations of X numbers. Wouldn't this require some formula.

Does the computer generate all the numbers and scan through the all or does it go step, step, step, step, skip knowing it covered one combination of that number like transversing through a binary tree.

I have seen programs written for just about any lotto combinations I think this is a simple scan.

I am trying to scan thru 100,000 combinations of five. Visually, I can only scan 1,000 combinations before my brain shuts down.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: May 24, 2009, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

You got me confused with someone mathematical inclined.

I will break down what you said and at least try to get a sum or count.

I have been downloading several lotto softwares that seems like the would analyse combinations like covermaster, lotto007, visual lotto analysizer and nothing.

Most claim the would analyse numbers for you. I see wheels for 4if5 combinations of X numbers. Wouldn't this require some formula.

Does the computer generate all the numbers and scan through the all or does it go step, step, step, step, skip knowing it covered one combination of that number like transversing through a binary tree.

I have seen programs written for just about any lotto combinations I think this is a simple scan.

I am trying to scan thru 100,000 combinations of five. Visually, I can only scan 1,000 combinations before my brain shuts down.

Once a wheel has been generated no math or formula is needed to use it, you or a wheeling program simply exchange your numbers with those in the wheel and sort them.  Even some program that compare numbers aren't using math because they see numbers as characters same as letters and each character has an ASCII code which gives them their value. The program I use compare combinations of numbers or letters or both, it makes no difference.

One you know what you want, you may be able to use a text editor help to get some of the information.

Evil Looking