Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Boy, talk about disappointment!

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 8 years ago by CARBOB.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: May 24, 2009, 2:28 am - IP Logged

Have you ever gone to the store and expected to receive money back for a ticket and was told "not a winner?"  That happened to me the other day, and I really thought I won a free ticket on Fantasy 5 by getting 2 numbers.  I asked for my ticket back and checked it later.  That's never happened to me before.

Well tonight I played PB, although lately I haven't because I never win anything at all, not even a free ticket.  But after I spent my regular $4 on Florida Lotto and $1 on Fantasy 5, I asked for 5 PB tickets with PP.  (which is why I shouldn't walk around with money in my wallet)  Since I can't imagine how I'd feel if I hit 5 numbers and won $200,000 instead of a million, I always spend the extra dollar.

I waited until close to midnight to check my PB numbers and, for some reason, I thought I was looking at Saturday night's draw.  The PB was 6 so I said "Yay!" and figured at least I finally got something.  Then I saw 2 other numbers 31 & 42.  So now I'm really happy, because I won $7 x 2.  So I said "Well, at least I got my $10 back and won $4.  That's better than blowing 10 bucks in a few seconds."  Actually, I blew $15 since I didn't win anything on the Lotto or Fantasy 5 tickets either! Sad

I just checked to see what the new jackpot is, since it said "unavailable" before.  I noticed that the PB is 21 and I don't have any combinations with PB 21.  So I knew something was wrong.   In fact, I didn't win anything at all, not even a free play (as usual)  Grrr.  I'm more disappointed than when I play and don't win, because that's something we learn to expect.  But thinking you won something and realizing you didn't..well, that's really depressing! 

I think I should give up on Powerball or stop getting quick picks.  I mean, had I gotten these numbers a few nights ago, at least I would have won $14.  It's almost as if a force is telling me not to play this game.  Guess it's like Dirty Harry said "You've got to ask yourself one question.  Do I feel lucky?"  

Well, do ya punk?  LOL

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
    Dallas, TX
    United States
    Member #60284
    April 12, 2008
    3856 Posts
    Posted: May 24, 2009, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Did you just called me a punk? LOL

For jackpot games, I simply play it for fun with no worries if I win or not (even in small prizes). Mean while, I work on ways to get small prize, leaving room for jackpot win. When playing any games I try to study its rules, find the best offense and take it strategically. Don't want to throw a buck blindly because even if I won small, it's not epic.

I usually play just $1 for jackpots, unless it reaches certain amount then I play $5 with full optimization.

Good luck on your game play! Remember to have fun when playing.

Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: May 24, 2009, 3:16 am - IP Logged

I have a question.  I rarely get 5 plays printed on one ticket, so this is very noticeable to me.   Here are the PB numbers for each column

A - 01

B - 04

C - 06

D - 10

E - 15

Is this just a big coincidence or has anyone else seen chronological PB numbers on a ticket?

Espanola NM
        United States
        Member #72722
        March 25, 2009
        133 Posts
        Posted: May 24, 2009, 3:46 am - IP Logged

I never play the Powerplay or Sizzler option.   I figure why throw away an extra dollar on something that maxed out.  If you win the jackpot.....the powerplay option is irrelevant.  The jackpot doesn't get multiplied by 5.     It only is beneficial if in Powerball if you hit 5 WB's., and in that case you get 1 million if you played the Powerplay option.   If you don't hit all 5 WB's....then the Powerplay option benefit varies from drawing to drawing.

I figure the extra dollar is better useful to play an extra line/ticket.  Just my own strategy.    I know the odds are extremely high.....but it is more fun to think of the "big-one"....An extra chance to hit that 222 million jackpot.

I assume the Powerplay/Sizzler option is only benefical for the players who chase small prize winnings.    But I, on the otherhand, chase jackpots.  I figure if I am gonna spend $10.....In that case it is better for me to play 10 lines rather than 5 lines w/powerplay.

Kaptainess's avatar - hiro bird.jpg

United States
          Member #63356
          July 26, 2008
          1427 Posts
          Posted: May 24, 2009, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Felt lucky yesterday, knew the number 507 was coming - KNEW IT!  But someone that has very bad Chi wanted to play the same number.  It didn't show.  A repeat came.  That is the 2nd time this has happened with the same person, they bet on my number and a repeat shows.  Mmmm....

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: May 25, 2009, 2:42 am - IP Logged

"chase small prize winnings"   What?

I don't consider a million dollars to be a small chunk of change.  When I looked at the results and noticed 3 people in FL hit the 5 white balls, I wondered how much happier the players who picked PP felt.  $1 = $200,000 and $2 = $1,000,000    Yes, it would be great to win $200,000 but after taxes it wouldn't be life changing.  For me, if I ended up with $700,000 after taxes, I would have enough to live on until I die.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
              ORLANDO, FLORIDA
              United States
              Member #4924
              June 3, 2004
              5893 Posts
              Posted: May 25, 2009, 7:20 am - IP Logged

"chase small prize winnings"   What?

I don't consider a million dollars to be a small chunk of change.  When I looked at the results and noticed 3 people in FL hit the 5 white balls, I wondered how much happier the players who picked PP felt.  $1 = $200,000 and $2 = $1,000,000    Yes, it would be great to win $200,000 but after taxes it wouldn't be life changing.  For me, if I ended up with $700,000 after taxes, I would have enough to live on until I die.

That's all you need to chase, the 5 white balls!! If I were lucky enough to hit the 5+1, fantastic, but I only chase the 5 with an extra dollar.