Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tonights PB Drawing - May 27

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 8 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #61232
May 16, 2008
126 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2009, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

5-6-12-16-21 PB 7

With those low numbers someone had to win (and it wasn't me Frown).

I guess I'll be going to work tomorrow.  Unhappy

Good night everyone.

United States
    Member #74351
    May 8, 2009
    37 Posts
    Posted: May 27, 2009, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

somebody DEFINATELY won......

and I'll be dam*ed if I tried to play almost every number once

the numbers I left out of all my tickets? 5, 12 ,21

I hit the PB# +1 ..4.00 whoopie....

I SWEAR the "balls" know what they are doing...I just don't see how they can always be so close...yet so far away

one of my tickets was 4,7,13,20,22 pb 6    THAT JUST DOESNT HAPPEN.....I could throw up...I could literally throw up

how do you post a picture...you have to see this....I am literally ill right now....

United States
      Member #75138
      May 27, 2009
      2 Posts
      Posted: May 27, 2009, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

I too believe  some one is feeling pretty darn good right now.... Not me. LOL.

United States
        Member #58528
        February 18, 2008
        710 Posts
        Posted: May 28, 2009, 12:10 am - IP Logged

I too believe  some one is feeling pretty darn good right now.... Not me. LOL.

Someone from South Dakota won it.

United States
          Member #74351
          May 8, 2009
          37 Posts
          Posted: May 28, 2009, 12:23 am - IP Logged

so one of the 11 people that live in SD won...they sure do win a lot up there...I know if I won it the first thing I'd do is move from SD...well maybe not...probably peaceful....betcha it was a retired someone who got a quickpick at the last minute blah blah blah..these things HAVE to be rigged (obviously because i didn't win..)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19822 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2009, 12:38 am - IP Logged

5-6-12-16-21 PB 7

With those low numbers someone had to win (and it wasn't me Frown).

I guess I'll be going to work tomorrow.  Unhappy

Good night everyone.

There was one jackpot winner which goes against one of Gail Howard beliefs that winners of jackpots won using low numbers will likely have to share the prize with another winner so playing low numbers should be avoided.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Espanola NM
              United States
              Member #72722
              March 25, 2009
              133 Posts
              Posted: May 28, 2009, 12:41 am - IP Logged

At least I won $8.  Even though I spent $15 on 15 lines.Confused

Now that the jackpot has been taken.....it means I can take a break from PB for a couple of weeks until it goes over 70 million again.  Then it might be worth the effort to play this high odds astronomical game.

In the meantime....I am gonna focus my efforts on Hot Lotto.  Odds of 1 in 10 million sounds alot easier than 1 in 195 million.   And since it has been 3 months since that has hit and the jackpot is now 7.25 million...perhaps it is time to play that one

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: May 28, 2009, 1:07 am - IP Logged

so one of the 11 people that live in SD won...they sure do win a lot up there...I know if I won it the first thing I'd do is move from SD...well maybe not...probably peaceful....betcha it was a retired someone who got a quickpick at the last minute blah blah blah..these things HAVE to be rigged (obviously because i didn't win..)

I don't read about South Dakota winning all the time. I don't think a lot of winners end up in that state compared to some others.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23260 Posts
                  Posted: May 28, 2009, 8:20 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: May 29, 2009, 12:59 am - IP Logged

There was one jackpot winner which goes against one of Gail Howard beliefs that winners of jackpots won using low numbers will likely have to share the prize with another winner so playing low numbers should be avoided.

Unless she says that low numbers *guarantee* multiple winners, how does it go against her claims? As far as I can tell there's a nearly universal belief among  people who have paid attention that a lot of people use numbers that have some personal significance, and that often means birthdays. That doesn't guarantee that low numbers will result in one winner, much less multiple winners, but it very definitely means that a winner or multiple winners are more likely than if everybody picked numbers randomly.

As for the results of this drawing, there were about 51 million tickets sold. With odds of about 1 in 5.1 million for 2nd prize we would expect about 10 winners if people played random numbers. Since we know that about 70% of sales are QP's, we know that about 70% of the numbers played were picked randomly, so we can reasonably expect that those 35.7 million tickets should acount for about 7 2nd place winners. If the other 15.3 million tickets also had random numbers we could expect them to account for about 3 more 2nd place winners. There were actually 16 2nd place winners, so that means there were 6 "extra" winners. That could happen from simple probability, but palying non-random numbers is afar beter explanation, and we've seen the same sort of thing happen over and pover again. Even if only 3 of the 6 came from the +/- 30% of tickets that were self picks, that's still twice as many as probability suggests.

I'd generally suggest that putting any faith in what Gail Howard says is a complete waste, but this is one of a few things she gets right.