Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Favorite Kind of Scratch-Off

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 7 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

What is your Favorite Style of Scratch-Off

Match your numbers with the winning numbers [ 14 ]  [31.82%]
Find _ Like Amounts [ 3 ]  [6.82%]
Bingo/Crossword/Tic-Tac-Toe [ 9 ]  [20.45%]
Custom Themed(Pac-Man, Monopoly, etc.) [ 8 ]  [18.18%]
Combination of Styles [ 8 ]  [18.18%]
Other Style not listed [ 2 ]  [4.55%]
Total Valid Votes [ 44 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Charlotte, NC
United States
Member #74177
May 4, 2009
16 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2009, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Just seeing what everybody's favorite style of game to play is. I highly enjoy Pac-Man(SECL), and old SC Lottery game called Wild Cherries(in NC as well) where you have to match 3 like symbols. I think the GA Lottery has a similar game called Organge Twist and Cherry Twist. I also used to enjoy a game called Double Time that you could win if you matched 3 like amounts or matched numbers.

What about everybody else?

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22923 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2009, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Just seeing what everybody's favorite style of game to play is. I highly enjoy Pac-Man(SECL), and old SC Lottery game called Wild Cherries(in NC as well) where you have to match 3 like symbols. I think the GA Lottery has a similar game called Organge Twist and Cherry Twist. I also used to enjoy a game called Double Time that you could win if you matched 3 like amounts or matched numbers.

What about everybody else?

I like the games where you get more bang for your buck. We have a Millionaire Monopoly ticket

here in PA. It's a $20.00 ticket with 2 play areas. One with 20 boxes to match your 6 numbers to and

another area that has 3 boxes for a bonus prize of $50.00 $100.00 or $1,000.00. If the area

contains a dollar amount, that's what you win. Otherwise it says: try again. There are also

symbols to look for - a hotel or a top hat. They will either get you all 20 prizes (hotel) or $100.00

(top hat) Great ticket and my favorite. 

I detest the $5.00 bingo games. They take too long just to win nothing most of the time.

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2009, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Definately the extended-play games like Bingo and, in particular, Crossword. I want to prolong my fun.

(insert signature here)

United States
        Member #74351
        May 8, 2009
        37 Posts
        Posted: May 28, 2009, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

ditto on this...

I like it to take longer to lose my money hahaha

although the Crossword game has actually turned a small profit for me...

Talking Rock, GA
          United States
          Member #60369
          April 15, 2008
          398 Posts
          Posted: May 29, 2009, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Personally, I like different kinds.  I don't have a particular favorite type of game.  I am glad that the GA Lottery finally introduced another "get x-like amounts, win that amount" game (Triple Wild).  It's been several years since we had one, IIRC.  I do wish, being that I like game shows, that we'd get scratchers like The Price Is Right and Wheel of Fortune, among others.

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: May 29, 2009, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

I checked "other" because my favorite scratch-offs are the winners. LOL  So far I haven't done too well with scratch-offs.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
              Chicago
              United States
              Member #70678
              February 8, 2009
              889 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2009, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

When I lived in CA I used to buy the match 3 of a kind because a store clerk told me they payed out more often than the ones where you match the numbers. Here in IL I like the ones where you scratch off coins and if they total over a dollar you win the prize. LOL too bad the prize is usually small. I don't care for the scratchers that have multiple games on one card. I have never won anything on these cards and have noticed that some of these games are confusing.

United States
                Member #73512
                April 16, 2009
                106 Posts
                Posted: June 3, 2009, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

I voted for find like amounts.  I don't like the bingo or cashword games that take too long to figure out if you won, where you can easily miss something.

jessixpoo's avatar - mo
                  Wingo, Ky
                  United States
                  Member #75924
                  June 15, 2009
                  2 Posts
                  Posted: June 15, 2009, 5:55 am - IP Logged

I love the Kentucky $2 Bingo! I play them when I am bored at work, and I have learned to always double check them.  I cannot count the times I went back over the ticket and found I had won! Nothing huge, but hey $2 is $2 I wouldn't have gotten back had I not checked!!
                  I also Love the Birthstone $1 tickets, and the GoodLuck bad Luck $1 tickets and the $5 Price is Right tickets

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                    Yinzer Country, PA
                    United States
                    Member #4067
                    March 18, 2004
                    2741 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2009, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

I like the time-wasters, like bingo, crossword, keno, etc.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Pogo's avatar - wfl
                      NC
                      United States
                      Member #29378
                      January 1, 2006
                      552 Posts
                      Posted: July 19, 2009, 9:36 am - IP Logged

I like the $5 GEMS tickets in VA & NC - I.E. Diamond 7's, Emarald 7's, Ruby 7's, Topaz 7's, etc. Also like to match Amount's, but I pretty much play anything I can lay a coin on - in particular my lucky Liberty Head V Nickel... I like the high number tickets especially 39, 38 & 37... Or even better a whole brand new roll - hmmm... ...me have to go to VA...  grrr... ....me have to go to VA.... ...hmmm - me need tickets.... GRRR.... rofl - Pogo... for real though!

Litebets27's avatar - power
                        Maryland
                        United States
                        Member #10465
                        January 14, 2005
                        6065 Posts
                        Posted: July 19, 2009, 10:01 am - IP Logged

I like anything that will "win me some money." I look at the probability odds on the tickets to estimate the amounts of winning tickets there maybe in each book of that game. How long I want to devote to a scratch off depends on my mood or how much time I have to waste.

Many time, I will buy a large number of tickets to take home to play when I have some down time.

I personally don't like the faded out symbol matching types of scratch offs because they are so hard for me to see. I can easily miss a symbol...which may be the point of making the symbols so faded looking.

Presently, my favorite is "Red Hot 5's"...I won $500.00 Friday night.

The next winnerwill be my favorite too. Green laugh

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

grandmadec's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg
                          Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #29819
                          January 7, 2006
                          1243 Posts
                          Posted: July 19, 2009, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Do you remember what number it was, just curios as like to see where in book people hit.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                            Yinzer Country, PA
                            United States
                            Member #4067
                            March 18, 2004
                            2741 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2009, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I also like the ones where you have to match the numbers or get a symbol.  Somehow I can get a lot of big winners with those ones.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.