Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery: Last night's TV drawing was from one week ago

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 8 years ago by duckman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
Jacksonville Florida
United States
Member #23018
October 6, 2005
918 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2009, 10:55 am - IP Logged

Last night's (5/30/09) televised drawing of Florida Lotto and Fantasy5 was the drawing from one week ago (5/23/09). The drawings are time delayed by a few minutes on the local station here so they are not really "live" and someone made a mistake and played the wrong drawing.

I don't know if it was my local station (Jacksonville) that made the mistake or if it was the Florida Lottery video feed to the stations which was incorrect. I suspect it was the local station as the lottery is supposed to feed it live to the stations.

I thought the numbers looked familiar and when I checked the lottery website today the numbers were different than last night's tv (taped) drawing shown on the local station.

The Powerball drawing is a separate segment and was correct. Lotto and Fanatsy5 are televised together and played a few minutes later on the next commercial break.

Weird...

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2009, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

I believe what your saying and if people find this out it should be big..

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: June 2, 2009, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I have check on this and nobody but you said anything about it?

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
        Jacksonville Florida
        United States
        Member #23018
        October 6, 2005
        918 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2009, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I have check on this and nobody but you said anything about it?

I emailed the lottery about this but have not heard anything back from them.

I usually have the tv on in the background and write the numbers down when they display them. The Powerball drawing came on first then the Lotto/Fantasy5 combined drawing during the following commercial break. Had I not had all three number sets written down on the same scratch pad page (the Powerball numbers were the correct draw), I might second guess if I really did see the wrong drawing video. The video drawings do have the date on them but I didn't notice that the date was wrong (wasn't really looking for the date - just the numbers)...

I have seen the wrong draw dates/results printed in the paper several times over the years but never the wrong video drawing by the local station (it was probably the local tv station that mixed up the videos)...