Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Secret Sequence Possible??

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pick4hawk.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
Member #19982
August 9, 2005
226 Posts
Posted: June 3, 2009, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

IS A SECRET SEQUENCE POSSIBLE??

With the lottery programs like lotto sync and simulotto--does anyone still believe, there exists a method that could genuinely simulate a lottery game off past game data?

There by wining some how by a secret mechanical sequence.

Just wondering

Hawk

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3103 Posts
    Posted: June 4, 2009, 12:29 am - IP Logged

IS A SECRET SEQUENCE POSSIBLE??

With the lottery programs like lotto sync and simulotto--does anyone still believe, there exists a method that could genuinely simulate a lottery game off past game data?

There by wining some how by a secret mechanical sequence.

Just wondering

Hawk

The game is random, so anything is possible.   The old million monkeys banging away on a million typewriters for a million years will one day write the same post you just wrote.  There will come a day when a lottery software gets it just right.  Over the years I have seen things like 5 of 6 correct in 9 predicted numbers, doesn't repeat the next draw, I know that too.   Frown

Secret mechanical sequence?  Sure, but it changes for every draw.

BobP

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: June 4, 2009, 12:33 am - IP Logged

To Pick4....

Just ask matchmaker. He seems to have figured out how to overcome inumerable odds...lol.

United States
        Member #19982
        August 9, 2005
        226 Posts
        Posted: June 4, 2009, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking, with all the threads on how people should use pi to create numbers to play and other irrational numbers. If people truely use these as their bread and butter system?

hawk

United States
          Member #19982
          August 9, 2005
          226 Posts
          Posted: June 4, 2009, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

You know, like sometimes things follow a Particular Distribution---but is this the case with jackpot type games? Or for the daily games only. A secret method to fit a certain curve? Or long array of data?

Just wondering

Hawk

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3103 Posts
            Posted: June 4, 2009, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

You know, like sometimes things follow a Particular Distribution---but is this the case with jackpot type games? Or for the daily games only. A secret method to fit a certain curve? Or long array of data?

Just wondering

Hawk

The data has to be a measurement of something for things like neural nets AI's to work.  Lottery data is irrational, but if a section were to mimick real data the result should be predictable as the next step in the sequence.  Maybe if there were a way to adjust the data to fit or eliminate the more irrational portions results would improve.   The trouble is I don't know of a lottery software really using neural nets to test it on.   The only one was made to do stock prediction and only did Pick-3 as a side line, didn't work out for me.   

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: June 4, 2009, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

A secret method to fit a certain curve?

If it's a secret then it's not likely to be discussed here in a public forum.  Here, players only discuss and share methods they want help with or someone else's thoughts about. In some cases they may even want someone else to try it and report back to them if it has any merit.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                Park City, UT
                United States
                Member #69864
                January 18, 2009
                993 Posts
                Posted: June 4, 2009, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

BobP brought up neural networks.

I haven't used "Lottery Sorcerer" but they claim to use Neural networks on there web site.

You have Reached the Website of the First, Original Lottery Software.

The First Lottery Software. Since 1989 and Continually Improving.

By Far, the Most Popular Lottery Software Using Predictive Technology... and There is a Reason!

And Still the Only Lottery Software to use Proven Neural Networking (Artificial Intelligence) Algorithms to Look for Non-Random and Weighted Influences Inherent in Lottery Drawings.

Jimmy

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: June 4, 2009, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

BobP brought up neural networks.

I haven't used "Lottery Sorcerer" but they claim to use Neural networks on there web site.

You have Reached the Website of the First, Original Lottery Software.

The First Lottery Software. Since 1989 and Continually Improving.

By Far, the Most Popular Lottery Software Using Predictive Technology... and There is a Reason!

And Still the Only Lottery Software to use Proven Neural Networking (Artificial Intelligence) Algorithms to Look for Non-Random and Weighted Influences Inherent in Lottery Drawings.

Jimmy

They must not include that feature in their trial copies, I downloaded a trial copy of their software years ago and don't remember it doing anything that other lottery software couldn't do.

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #19982
                    August 9, 2005
                    226 Posts
                    Posted: June 5, 2009, 8:58 am - IP Logged

A secret method to fit a certain curve?

If it's a secret then it's not likely to be discussed here in a public forum.  Here, players only discuss and share methods they want help with or someone else's thoughts about. In some cases they may even want someone else to try it and report back to them if it has any merit.

RJOh:

My reason for "A secret method to fit a certain curve?" was because I learned that true random generators use a command to rotate bits at the binary level. So along with using a stock equation they rotate the outputted bits. This left me very un happy. Integer math alone may not be enough.

hawk

United States
                      Member #19982
                      August 9, 2005
                      226 Posts
                      Posted: June 5, 2009, 9:02 am - IP Logged

The data has to be a measurement of something for things like neural nets AI's to work.  Lottery data is irrational, but if a section were to mimick real data the result should be predictable as the next step in the sequence.  Maybe if there were a way to adjust the data to fit or eliminate the more irrational portions results would improve.   The trouble is I don't know of a lottery software really using neural nets to test it on.   The only one was made to do stock prediction and only did Pick-3 as a side line, didn't work out for me.   

BobP

Bobp:

Thank you for your input. I know of AI some already. I'll look into it further.

United States
                        Member #19982
                        August 9, 2005
                        226 Posts
                        Posted: June 10, 2009, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Numerous lottery software programs use a random number generator in their software. However is it really practical to use an RNG to forecast anything?

Would any method be practical?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19825 Posts
                          Posted: June 10, 2009, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Numerous lottery software programs use a random number generator in their software. However is it really practical to use an RNG to forecast anything?

Would any method be practical?

When dealing with lottery forecasting or predicting at some point you're going to be guessing.  Even with the narrowest of parameters, there are still hundreds of possibilities and playing every one is not practical so picking a few randomly is really the only option.  If the winning combination is among those possibilities, then your odds of winning are still improved.

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #19982
                            August 9, 2005
                            226 Posts
                            Posted: June 11, 2009, 11:34 am - IP Logged

When dealing with lottery forecasting or predicting at some point you're going to be guessing.  Even with the narrowest of parameters, there are still hundreds of possibilities and playing every one is not practical so picking a few randomly is really the only option.  If the winning combination is among those possibilities, then your odds of winning are still improved.

rjoh:

Some lottery software uses an RNG to pick the numbers that need be wheeled--they don't even use statistics at all.

Perhaps a RNG should only be used to wheel numbers. I do agree that the lottery is vast.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19825 Posts
                              Posted: June 11, 2009, 11:59 am - IP Logged

rjoh:

Some lottery software uses an RNG to pick the numbers that need be wheeled--they don't even use statistics at all.

Perhaps a RNG should only be used to wheel numbers. I do agree that the lottery is vast.

If there's lottery software picking numbers randomly to be wheeled then it is truly as probably stated in its disclaimer for "entertainment only" and shouldn't be used by serious lottery players.

Evil Looking