Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question about signing the back of your lottery ticket

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2009, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Sign the ticket and worry about the rest after..All the lottery's across the country say sign the ticket..If you win millions and live in the same town and same address people will soon find out you have won..If you don't want to be hassled if you win millions MOVE....Simple...If you don't trust the lottery let me sign it for you..

Kaptainess's avatar - hiro bird.jpg

United States
    Member #63356
    July 26, 2008
    1427 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2009, 12:10 am - IP Logged

Don't trust lawyers, don't trust anybody when it comes to money.  When I hit the BIG ONE I'll find a lawyer to draw up the paperwork while the ticket is in a safety deposit box.  I will then have another lawyer from another firm look over the paperwork and explain what the paperwork is about.  Legally the fund to reimburse victims of Lawyers infarctions is limited in my state.  Small amounts, sign it.  Anything over 50 Million?  Hide!!!

I was nearly killed in a car accident.  One woman a week before was killed the on the exact same corner.  Unused trolley tracks sitting up 8 inches above the road way, there was a dip in the road just before it that caught the frame of my car and took it for a ride.  I had the brake down on the floor and it kept going until I was about a foot from hitting the side of another vehicle 1/2 block away.  I had the documentation, I had pictures, I had medical bills, lost of wages, and I was in pain that seemed to burn.  I was knocked unconscience at the scene.  My Buick 225 Electra was actually bent into, totaled.  What did my Lawyer do?  Forget to inform me of the day I was supposed to appear and I lost my case.  I still wonder about why he ''forgot'', why my case was mishandled.  Btw, he soon after had to put his license in moth balls, and no longer able to practice law.

I have a few other cases against lawyers.  The one that sold the property and took off leaving his wife and kids and our money, he left a note saying not to try to find him because we never will.  I was too young at the time to know or do more.  My Dad wanted to use the money to build his dream home.  The newspaper clipping is still around here somewhere. 

Never trust Lawyers, never give blind trust to anyone.

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: June 14, 2009, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear your story..If I had luck like that I'd never buy a lottery ticket in fear of somehting happening bad to it..Good luck anway...

United States
        Member #63356
        July 26, 2008
        1427 Posts
        Posted: June 14, 2009, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Hey, ever hear that what goes up must come down?  Good Luck also brings Bad - in the Universe everything has to equal out to 0 - so if you have nothing but good luck you are out of balance.  I do well with the lottery - 3 digit is my favorite game because I work at it non stop, have a good deal of hits per week - month,  sure I have good runs and not so good runs.  But I know when I have a good run - and lay low when I don't ''see'' things clearly.

Yeah, I was told by Astrologer Jacqueline Bigar to listen to my inner voice, so I don't drive if I ''see'' bad things.

Northern Ohio
          United States
          Member #63551
          August 1, 2008
          203 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2009, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Hey, ever hear that what goes up must come down?  Good Luck also brings Bad - in the Universe everything has to equal out to 0 - so if you have nothing but good luck you are out of balance.  I do well with the lottery - 3 digit is my favorite game because I work at it non stop, have a good deal of hits per week - month,  sure I have good runs and not so good runs.  But I know when I have a good run - and lay low when I don't ''see'' things clearly.

Yeah, I was told by Astrologer Jacqueline Bigar to listen to my inner voice, so I don't drive if I ''see'' bad things.

I agree...with regards to the lottery, I was explaining to my friend it is in the nature of the universe to balance things out. Entropy is a good example. The universe craves equilibrium. I explained, if you flipped a coin four times and each time it hit "heads," what is the chance it will finally hit tails on the fifth flip? He responded 50/50. I told him he was correct-but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on tails regardless, simply because when the odds are 50/50, eventually they have to even out.

Good thing for me, I've had a streak of bad luck for a while. I think I'm due a lottery win
          Dance

LEELEESMOMMY's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
            NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #66834
            November 8, 2008
            432 Posts
            Posted: June 14, 2009, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Don't trust lawyers, don't trust anybody when it comes to money.  When I hit the BIG ONE I'll find a lawyer to draw up the paperwork while the ticket is in a safety deposit box.  I will then have another lawyer from another firm look over the paperwork and explain what the paperwork is about.  Legally the fund to reimburse victims of Lawyers infarctions is limited in my state.  Small amounts, sign it.  Anything over 50 Million?  Hide!!!

I was nearly killed in a car accident.  One woman a week before was killed the on the exact same corner.  Unused trolley tracks sitting up 8 inches above the road way, there was a dip in the road just before it that caught the frame of my car and took it for a ride.  I had the brake down on the floor and it kept going until I was about a foot from hitting the side of another vehicle 1/2 block away.  I had the documentation, I had pictures, I had medical bills, lost of wages, and I was in pain that seemed to burn.  I was knocked unconscience at the scene.  My Buick 225 Electra was actually bent into, totaled.  What did my Lawyer do?  Forget to inform me of the day I was supposed to appear and I lost my case.  I still wonder about why he ''forgot'', why my case was mishandled.  Btw, he soon after had to put his license in moth balls, and no longer able to practice law.

I have a few other cases against lawyers.  The one that sold the property and took off leaving his wife and kids and our money, he left a note saying not to try to find him because we never will.  I was too young at the time to know or do more.  My Dad wanted to use the money to build his dream home.  The newspaper clipping is still around here somewhere. 

Never trust Lawyers, never give blind trust to anyone.

Being a lawyer myself, I would say that for every bad lawyer there are 10 good lawyers who abide by the law and are here to provide a service.  With any profession, there are those that can't be trusted.  But the reality is when you win the lottery, you will most likely need a lawyer's help.

United States
              Member #63356
              July 26, 2008
              1427 Posts
              Posted: June 14, 2009, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

True, same with contractors and carpenters - sometimes you get a jackleg that will start a job and never finishes the job or build a deck with 4x4.  One contractor had a nasty habit of removing the toilet once he got the down payment and never returned.  Did this many times until they caught him.  Okay, now I'm going to hear from carpenters?  I AM a carpenter, been there and seen horrors. One plumber glued the heads of sprinklers in an office building instead of installing a true system, he got 20-30 years in prison in CA.

Yes, in every profession you have deviate people that mean good people no good, guess in their minds good = weak.  Just have to be on the watch.

United States
                Member #75967
                June 15, 2009
                10 Posts
                Posted: June 15, 2009, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Wow, some interesting advice here.  I am one of the few attorneys in the United States to represent multiple Powerball Lottery winners.  Short and sweet:  do not sign the ticket.  If you win, make a copy of the ticket, put the original in a safe deposit box, and consult an attorney who knows what they are doing.  Don't ask the Lottery Commission what to do.  They want you to be public so they can use you for their advertising.  One more thing, a lottery ticket is a bearer instrument:  meaning, who ever has possession of it owns it.  Doesn't matter who signs it.  DON'T LOSE IT!

United States
                  Member #63356
                  July 26, 2008
                  1427 Posts
                  Posted: June 15, 2009, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post McDude! 

As you can imagine, we are a bunch of outspoken, opinionated group of really nice folks that help each other every day of the week.  Especially new comers who need a helping hand.  I hope that if you need help in anything that we have here on Lottery Post you'll feel free to ask anyone.

WoW a real Attorney?  Great news, now we have two?  So now we have a member to use just in case we do win?  Okay then, we are in business!

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: June 16, 2009, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

For those who don't trust the lottery now you have someone here you can trust..McDude..Good luck..

United States
                      Member #63356
                      July 26, 2008
                      1427 Posts
                      Posted: June 16, 2009, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

I'll repeat, when it comes to money  --------- Never Trust Anyone

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: June 16, 2009, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Kaptainess you are so right..I will 2nd your motion..I hit I have a brother who is millionaire who is worth over 8mil..I will call him first and ask what to do..I live in a small town in Ky and I feel safe here and he lives in San Diego with the rest of the rich people..He is down to earth and a very nice person..Good luck to you and the rest of the people on Lottery Post.....