Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 2:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should I Do The Press Conference...?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2009, 1:10 am - IP Logged

...if I win a jackpot?

You guys know that I had no intention to go public if I won a huge jackpot because I made too many enemies for last ten years.

Welll, something changed me. I am fully aware of the disadvantage and the damage upon me. But...well...?

I am not saying that I will tell my life story during the press conference. I won't. But I will say that I am coming forward despite of any possible attack from my 'enemies'. No, it's not some gang warfare or anything.

If I come forward, I know that there are at least a couple of lawsuits awaiting for me. And they will surely take a bug chunk out of my winning.

There was a time when my life was brutally shattered by some unfortunate encounters. No, it's not like I got shot by anyone. But...

I just want to make them groan in jealousy. Immature, I know. But I am really compelled to.

tungsten chef's avatar - nw dwarf5.jpg
    Winnipeg
    Canada
    Member #14974
    May 7, 2005
    3656 Posts
    Posted: June 13, 2009, 1:33 am - IP Logged

...if I win a jackpot?

You guys know that I had no intention to go public if I won a huge jackpot because I made too many enemies for last ten years.

Welll, something changed me. I am fully aware of the disadvantage and the damage upon me. But...well...?

I am not saying that I will tell my life story during the press conference. I won't. But I will say that I am coming forward despite of any possible attack from my 'enemies'. No, it's not some gang warfare or anything.

If I come forward, I know that there are at least a couple of lawsuits awaiting for me. And they will surely take a bug chunk out of my winning.

There was a time when my life was brutally shattered by some unfortunate encounters. No, it's not like I got shot by anyone. But...

I just want to make them groan in jealousy. Immature, I know. But I am really compelled to.

I wonder if you said the lotteries are all fixxed..you just got lucky, if the corporation would/could sue you??

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
      Dallas, TX
      United States
      Member #60284
      April 12, 2008
      3856 Posts
      Posted: June 13, 2009, 1:45 am - IP Logged

Give thousand chances to your enemy
      To become your friend.
      But never give a single chance to your Friend
      To become your enemy.

Pinkpansies's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
        Member #58857
        February 27, 2008
        112 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2009, 2:02 am - IP Logged

The first thing you should do when you win is hire a VERY VERY good attorney, especially if you know you have lawsuits waiting in the wings.  The attorney can tie the money up in a trust, so even if you get sued they can't touch your winnings.  Wink 

I plan on having my attorney claim the money and do the press conference during which he will say very little, then since my state insists on having the winner take a picture with the check.  I'll arrange to have the picture done at the store where I bought the ticket.  I'll show up with about 100 paid extras and we'll take the picture together and I won't ever tell which one I was.  That's the plan at least, I'm sure the lotto commision will do their best to mess that up.

As to the rubbing it in their faces that you are rich, you don't have to let them know you won the lottery, just that you have a ton of money to go around and they aren't getting a thing.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19898 Posts
          Posted: June 13, 2009, 2:02 am - IP Logged

...if I win a jackpot?

...if I win a jackpot?

That's a BIG "if"

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
            Dallas, TX
            United States
            Member #60284
            April 12, 2008
            3856 Posts
            Posted: June 13, 2009, 2:24 am - IP Logged

...if I win a jackpot?

That's a BIG "if"

He used a size 10 font, it's not that big. ;)

grandpajohn's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              williamsburg,ohio
              United States
              Member #71029
              February 17, 2009
              603 Posts
              Posted: June 13, 2009, 2:33 am - IP Logged

I am so glad that I live in a state that I don't have to worry about a press conference.

"Don't Give Up.Don't Ever Give Up"

Jim Valvano ex N.C.State basketball coach Thumbs Up

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10390 Posts
                Posted: June 13, 2009, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

ambelamba

Obsessing over what to do about a jackpot that you haven't hit isn't the best thing you can do.*

Since you asked, however, and you were to hit, I'd say (assuming you live where you have the choice of remaining anonymous), not remaining anonymous coukd become one of the biggest regrets of your life.

It really could turn out to be something that would haunt you from that day on.

*In one og hid books, Mario Puzo tells of his being in an Army hospital in world War II. He had a head wound and was in a ward where everybody had a head wound.

One day one of the guys in the ward said, "Hey, I'be got a million dollar idea!"He asked everybody in the ward what they thought of it, and when he got to Puzo, he said, "Maybe you should go across the hall and ask people who haven't been hit in the head about your idea."

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Entertaiment Capital
                  United States
                  Member #37800
                  April 19, 2006
                  302 Posts
                  Posted: June 14, 2009, 12:10 am - IP Logged

ambelamba

Obsessing over what to do about a jackpot that you haven't hit isn't the best thing you can do.*

Since you asked, however, and you were to hit, I'd say (assuming you live where you have the choice of remaining anonymous), not remaining anonymous coukd become one of the biggest regrets of your life.

It really could turn out to be something that would haunt you from that day on.

*In one og hid books, Mario Puzo tells of his being in an Army hospital in world War II. He had a head wound and was in a ward where everybody had a head wound.

One day one of the guys in the ward said, "Hey, I'be got a million dollar idea!"He asked everybody in the ward what they thought of it, and when he got to Puzo, he said, "Maybe you should go across the hall and ask people who haven't been hit in the head about your idea."

Wink

It's all because of those two dreams with numbers. If I didn't have the dreams then I wouldn't give a rat's ass about lottery itself.

So yeah, I'd rather keep myself low profile as much as possible. I don't want to be scarred by avalanche of lawsuits.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: June 14, 2009, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

It's all because of those two dreams with numbers. If I didn't have the dreams then I wouldn't give a rat's ass about lottery itself.

So yeah, I'd rather keep myself low profile as much as possible. I don't want to be scarred by avalanche of lawsuits.

I thought there was a "statute of limitations" as far as someone suing you from the past?

As for the present..........letting the world know you have money may set you up for future lawsuits. People do some crazy things if they think it will make them a fast buck.

Espanola NM
                      United States
                      Member #72722
                      March 25, 2009
                      133 Posts
                      Posted: June 14, 2009, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

The thing about of press conferences is sometimes they help you keep the media away from your house.  The last thing you want is reporters camping out waiting for an interview.    The best way to avoid that is to get the press conference over and done with.   Maybe ask lottery officials to schedule the press conference for a particlar time/day where your profile/newsworthyness is less noticeable.

If you want to be tricky and somewhat anonymous hire an attorney that can create a trust for you.   The trust claims the winnings and thus it doesn't matter how many people wanna sue you.   They will NOT be able to touch a trust fund

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                        Beautiful Florida
                        United States
                        Member #5709
                        July 18, 2004
                        20235 Posts
                        Posted: June 14, 2009, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Give thousand chances to your enemy
                        To become your friend.
                        But never give a single chance to your Friend
                        To become your enemy.

" Very wise words indeed "...!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you do win, create a Blind Trust, any lawyer can do this, then forget about lawsuits, but most of all forget about getting back at anyone. Everyone has their day.

Don't forget to have your Lawyer to mention" LotteryPost "...!

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5143 Posts
                          Posted: June 16, 2009, 12:26 am - IP Logged

god bles uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu amebetlamba:

but, if U GET dddddddddd "BIRD FLUE">>>>>>>>>>>>??????????????????????what........................................would U>>>>>>DoDo>>>>?????????

where would U get medical?????????????????????HELP??????????????????WOULD __________U WANT <<<<<<@@ this point!!!!!!!!!!!

2>>>>>>>>>>>>>DIE????? no hlp>>"Iwon D "-----------LOTTERY$$$$$$$$$

lOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$