Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Here - In Boise, Idaho

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by GGStarlings.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Idaho
United States
Member #76087
June 18, 2009
859 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2009, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Hello, fellow lottery players!  This is my first time to register at a lottery web forum, and I must say, I feel all warm and fuzzy seeing so many threads on this wonderful subject so dear to my heart.  (Sorry, I just can't help it, I love lotto.)

My name is Gigi, and I've been playing Hot Lotto and Wild Card 2 for the past year.  My favorite game is Wild Card 2 as it's a bit easier:  Pick 5 numbers between 1 and 31 plus a face card.  Two plays for a dollar -- that also makes it very special.

But I also enjoy Hot Lotto.  It is 1-39 range with "hot ball" between 1 & 19.  The very first time I played that game I won $63.  Not too shabby for a beginner.

Now, what I want, what I really want, is to form a lottery pool for Hot Lotto players; just a small group of regular players who could put in 5 or 10 bucks each time.  We did have that going on at my workplace for awhile, until one of the managers cracked down on it.  Too much enthusiasm for lotto in the workplace, you see. 

So I am wondering if anyone here might have a suggestion as to how I could locate some Hot Lotto enthusiasts here in my city who might want to share cost of tickets and split winnings.  I'm not rich but I love spinning numbers, so I need to find an affordable way to play Hot Lotto.  Until I win that big jackpot, of course!

Suggestions most welcome. 

gigi

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23261 Posts
    Posted: June 19, 2009, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Welcome Gigi!!

Glad to hear about your favorite games.  Pick 3 always gets a lot of attention and volume of posts, but you can be sure that there's also a good amount of people who love to play your favorite games too.

That $63 was a nice way to start things off.  There's a lot of positive energy here to help keep that number moving North! 

Good luck! Thumbs Up

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Idaho
      United States
      Member #76087
      June 18, 2009
      859 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2009, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Hi, Todd!  You say "Pick 3"?...... ahhhh.... how I love Pick 3.  I played that for quite a few years in Washington State... then gave it up completely for a long time.... moved to Idaho... and just recently started up with it.  I developed my own system for that game, though I still suffer from the disease called "Bad Timing".  You know that one, where you "see" certain numbers in your mind's eye, then forget to play them one day, and that's the day they come up.  That's happened to me a lot lately.  arrrggghhh

Nice to meet you!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2657 Posts
        Posted: June 19, 2009, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

Type  Greetings

United States
          Member #34931
          March 9, 2006
          98 Posts
          Posted: June 19, 2009, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

"So I am wondering if anyone here might have a suggestion as to how I could locate some Hot Lotto enthusiasts here in my city who might want to share cost of tickets and split winnings."

Might consider starting a meetup.com group.

Baton Rouge, LA
            United States
            Member #4602
            May 7, 2004
            699 Posts
            Posted: June 21, 2009, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Hello, fellow lottery players!  This is my first time to register at a lottery web forum, and I must say, I feel all warm and fuzzy seeing so many threads on this wonderful subject so dear to my heart.  (Sorry, I just can't help it, I love lotto.)

My name is Gigi, and I've been playing Hot Lotto and Wild Card 2 for the past year.  My favorite game is Wild Card 2 as it's a bit easier:  Pick 5 numbers between 1 and 31 plus a face card.  Two plays for a dollar -- that also makes it very special.

But I also enjoy Hot Lotto.  It is 1-39 range with "hot ball" between 1 & 19.  The very first time I played that game I won $63.  Not too shabby for a beginner.

Now, what I want, what I really want, is to form a lottery pool for Hot Lotto players; just a small group of regular players who could put in 5 or 10 bucks each time.  We did have that going on at my workplace for awhile, until one of the managers cracked down on it.  Too much enthusiasm for lotto in the workplace, you see. 

So I am wondering if anyone here might have a suggestion as to how I could locate some Hot Lotto enthusiasts here in my city who might want to share cost of tickets and split winnings.  I'm not rich but I love spinning numbers, so I need to find an affordable way to play Hot Lotto.  Until I win that big jackpot, of course!

Suggestions most welcome. 

gigi

I visited your city a couple of years ago and had a great time.  I also bought some lottery tickets while I was there.  Didn't win anything though, but it was fun to play your state's lottery.

Running lottery pools has been discussed here many times, you may want to search out some of those posts.  There are advantages, but disadvantages as well.  Something to think about before starting a pool.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #49980
              February 21, 2007
              34130 Posts
              Posted: June 21, 2009, 11:12 am - IP Logged

I had to laugh at that one, that happened to me the other day, I was thnking about this number Zi seen it on the News. Flight 247, I thought i should go and play that number, it surely came out too, actually I had forgot to place it. I would of had it in the Box, or i couldn've even wheeled it!

Idaho
                United States
                Member #76087
                June 18, 2009
                859 Posts
                Posted: June 21, 2009, 11:42 am - IP Logged

I visited your city a couple of years ago and had a great time.  I also bought some lottery tickets while I was there.  Didn't win anything though, but it was fun to play your state's lottery.

Running lottery pools has been discussed here many times, you may want to search out some of those posts.  There are advantages, but disadvantages as well.  Something to think about before starting a pool.

I definitely have been thinking about the disadvantages -vs- the advantages.  It could end up being more work than what I've got time for, since it would be important that there be an account for payment, a way to verify tickets, and smooth communication would be necessary... which might not be so easy among strangers. 

On the other hand, the problem with pooling only with friends, where there is trust, is inconsistent playing.  "Oh, I can't play this week... can you catch me about two weeks from now?"  Or, "Yeah, I'd love to play -- I have a dollar to throw away!"

Well, I don't need anyone's dollar.  I can add a single dollar to my own dollar.  What I need are at least 5-dollar commitments for playing something like Hot Lotto so we can really have some fun with it.  And if I could get a little club going of 5 to 8 people, then some of us could take breaks now and then. 

I didn't see any threads here on pooling so I'll get busy and start searching.  Thanks!

gigi