Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Interesting Number Selection Methods

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 7 years ago by konane.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2009, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

You guys know any interesting methods (not system) of picking your numbers.

After you generated your combinations from one to a quater billion or whatever the odds are.

Do you know any intersting ways to select you numbers.

There is the common random picks.

There is the key number method were a number or two appears in all the lines which is good if your timing it right.

Currently, I am using the method of randomly pick a combination, block those numbers in any other lines and pick another combination, repeat till I run out of numbers. This is good for coverage.

What other interesting or fun methods do you use or know about.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19817 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2009, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Using all the numbers at least once until you run out is a good way to get coverage of all the winning numbers but you can combine that with other things such as number distributions patterns, low and high or odd and even or hot and cold numbers, sums, gap size between numbers and etc.  I even like to check the combinations with previous drawings to avoid repeating any match fives or higher since winning combinations seldom repeat.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #24439
      October 22, 2005
      638 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2009, 6:31 am - IP Logged

Thanks Rjoh,

but I am not looking for a system for selecting the combinations.

I am interested in just the method of randomly or formulaically picking the lists of combinations.

Just creativity.

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
        Constitutional Money Is Real Money
        Brick City
        United States
        Member #1216
        March 3, 2003
        1762 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2009, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

Collect some fortune cookie predictions and put them in a hat. Pick one at a time and select 1 number from each prediction until you have your 5 or 6 numbers. Rinse and repeat until you have all the tickets you want to play. Friend of mine won several 2nd przes in NJ Cash Five using this method many years ago. Good luck.

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
        Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
        (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
        Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
        himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
          Portland,Oregon
          United States
          Member #14387
          April 25, 2005
          229 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2009, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Always save your play slips no matter what method you use to select numbers

Every once in a while take all the playslips and shuffle them like you would a deck of cards

Divide the stack in to 3 separate piles

Close your eyes and using your left hand pass your hand over the three stacks until one feels "right"

Use that stack to lay out a Tarot spread (do a Google search for "Tarot card spreads" if you don't know what I mean)

Then play the slips that come out in your spread

I've won 5 of 6 in my state lottery TWICE using this method - one time for $1900 and one time for $2200

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
            Chicago
            United States
            Member #70678
            February 8, 2009
            889 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2009, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Always save your play slips no matter what method you use to select numbers

Every once in a while take all the playslips and shuffle them like you would a deck of cards

Divide the stack in to 3 separate piles

Close your eyes and using your left hand pass your hand over the three stacks until one feels "right"

Use that stack to lay out a Tarot spread (do a Google search for "Tarot card spreads" if you don't know what I mean)

Then play the slips that come out in your spread

I've won 5 of 6 in my state lottery TWICE using this method - one time for $1900 and one time for $2200

WOW interesting!

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
              Chicago
              United States
              Member #70678
              February 8, 2009
              889 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2009, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Hi Editgap,

I'm not quite sure if I understand your question but this is my method:

First I look at the last 5 games to see whats been happening (sometimes I may go back up to 10 games) Mostly I'm looking for repeat numbers, consecutives, if the last few games had numbers all out less than 10 games, if the majority of numbers have been out more than 10 games, if the sum total was too high or too low on the last few games, if several numbers have hit or not hit from the number groups, stuff like that.

Then I make a mental note of what kind of numbers I'm looking for.

Then I look at my number chart and see what each individual number has been doing

Then I start choosing my numbers

i.e      If I think a repeat is due  I look at all the numbers from the last play and choose 2 or 3 I think may hit again

If there hasn't been a one skip in the last few plays I look at all the numbers that have been out one game 

If the last few games had all numbers out less than 10 games I look at the numbers out more than 10 but less than 20(this is for 5/39)

If the last few games had several numbers out more than 10 games I may only look at numbers out less than 10 games

If several numbers from 1-9 hit I may eliminate these numbers or if nothing has hit I may include at least 2 numbers from this group

You get the idea.

Then I use these numbers to put my combinations together

Again when I put the combos together I look to see what the individual numbers have been doing

i.e.    each combo may have a repeat or a consec, at least one number that has been out more than 10 games etc. I'm much happier choosing my lines this way instead of wheeling.

If I feel strongly about a certain number I may play it in all my lines.

Sometimes I may put together several lines and then go back and choose the ones I like best.

LOL ok if your still awake I hope you understand my method. Maybe this will give you some ideas.

United States
                Member #24439
                October 22, 2005
                638 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2009, 1:17 am - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for the reply but, I am not looking for a system.

What I need is a simple mechanics for selecting lines to play.

Example, After you applied your filter, you generate  1,000 5-number combinations  for Powerball listed from 1- 1000.

Say you only play 10 lines

You want to select 10 out of 1000 lines

Do you know any interesting methods to select the 10 lines

ie, I could chose to pick every 100 lines, (lines 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000)

I could use a key + random numbers ie, select one number for all the lines and randomly chose the 10 line within them - 1 number appears in all the lines.

I could apply a guarentee 3if 3, 4if 5, 3if 4 + random.

This is not a system so to speak.

It is just a fun and creative way of choosing a list of numbers.

You know any interesting or creative ways to pick or choose lines.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5588 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2009, 8:53 am - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for the reply but, I am not looking for a system.

What I need is a simple mechanics for selecting lines to play.

Example, After you applied your filter, you generate  1,000 5-number combinations  for Powerball listed from 1- 1000.

Say you only play 10 lines

You want to select 10 out of 1000 lines

Do you know any interesting methods to select the 10 lines

ie, I could chose to pick every 100 lines, (lines 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000)

I could use a key + random numbers ie, select one number for all the lines and randomly chose the 10 line within them - 1 number appears in all the lines.

I could apply a guarentee 3if 3, 4if 5, 3if 4 + random.

This is not a system so to speak.

It is just a fun and creative way of choosing a list of numbers.

You know any interesting or creative ways to pick or choose lines.

Sometimes just to change up I'll use pennies that I have numbered, and pick them out of a jar at random. I'll do this for however many lines I want to play.

Has it worked?

No.

United States
                    Member #24439
                    October 22, 2005
                    638 Posts
                    Posted: June 27, 2009, 11:19 am - IP Logged

Okay someone read this again.

This is not how to pick the winning numbers.

It is about how you can scroll through a list of numbers.

It is really that simple, just for fun.

Example a list of numbers from 1 to 1000. I could choose all the prime numbers from 1-1000.

pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
                      Member #19982
                      August 9, 2005
                      226 Posts
                      Posted: June 27, 2009, 11:42 am - IP Logged

add up the numbers of the sets---choose by range,even,and odd sum.

Choose by quantity of even numbers or odd number quantity. 2/3 ect.

good luck

hawk

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19817 Posts
                        Posted: June 27, 2009, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

Example a list of numbers from 1 to 1000. I could choose all the prime numbers from 1-1000.

If you aren't trying to pick winning numbers then why would you want it to be interesting?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                          A long and winding road
                          United States
                          Member #17084
                          June 10, 2005
                          4523 Posts
                          Posted: June 30, 2009, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

This is one of the fewer posts that I can say I am plum confused with what the object of the original posters question was!

A method is a SYSTEM. Plan and simple!!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7295 Posts
                            Posted: July 1, 2009, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Rjoh,

but I am not looking for a system for selecting the combinations.

I am interested in just the method of randomly or formulaically picking the lists of combinations.

Just creativity.

When I was regularly playing the Ohio Rolling Cash 5, I experimented with smaller abbreviated wheels using from 12 to 18 numbers and I had all five numbers a few times but never in one combination. Even though I was using a system to pick the numbers I still had to find a way to put them in the correct order.

RJ suggested using all the numbers in the minimum number of combinations; 8 combos in a 5/39 game and 12 in a 5/56 game. There is no win guarantee, but since you're using all the numbers, there better chance of hitting the jackpot than getting 8 or 12 QPs. LP has a 42 combination 2if5 abbreviated wheel that I used many times when the Mega Millions jackpot was high. It gave me 42 chances to get the 5 numbers in the correct order and all the Mega balls too.

It was better than sorting through a list of over 3 million combinations too.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                              Member #28409
                              December 15, 2005
                              1198 Posts
                              Posted: July 1, 2009, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

How about choosing only the lines that add up to a certain total?   For instance, only the numbers that total 7, or whichever is your favorite number.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool