Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Assistance Need for Pick 3

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by chickenkid.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
katie3618's avatar - hair
Washington
United States
Member #52494
May 27, 2007
33 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2009, 5:45 am - IP Logged

I went to a local grocer to purchase Pick 3 tickets while on vacation in Georgia.  The numbers I selected were 333 and 000.  The cashier said those numbers were sold out.  I asked, "what did it mean for those numbers to be sold out"?  He said, "I only place the slips in the machine".  Please elaborate on this matter.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22891 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2009, 8:20 am - IP Logged

It means that those numbers were played to the maximum payout by the state if any of them were to hit.

The number of tickets purchased by players that day equaled whatever GA's max payout for daily's

on that day was so they cut if off.

I'm not sure if all states do that but they do in PA. Sometimes you can't get 555 or 777 here.

At $500.00 per $1.00 str8 bet a state is paying out millions if a popular number hits and a lot of people

played it. In other words: It's controlled to limit plays and payouts. It doesn't seem quite right, does

it?

Washington
      United States
      Member #52494
      May 27, 2007
      33 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2009, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

It means that those numbers were played to the maximum payout by the state if any of them were to hit.

The number of tickets purchased by players that day equaled whatever GA's max payout for daily's

on that day was so they cut if off.

I'm not sure if all states do that but they do in PA. Sometimes you can't get 555 or 777 here.

At $500.00 per $1.00 str8 bet a state is paying out millions if a popular number hits and a lot of people

played it. In other words: It's controlled to limit plays and payouts. It doesn't seem quite right, does

it?

dr65: 

Thanks for the information.

No, it doesn't seem right.

So, it appears to be a first come, first served on the popular numbers.

We do not have the lottery in Hawaii, so I play Pick 3 when I am visiting my family in Georgia. 

I played the house next door's number (923),

a car tag's number (222)

and the countdown sequence when I was playing hide and seek with my neices and nephew (321).

The total winnings were $580.00.

Again, thanks.

johnph77's avatar - avatar
        CA
        United States
        Member #2987
        December 10, 2003
        832 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2009, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Limiting the tickets sold on particular numbers lowers the payout percentage of the game and increases profits for the state.

Most of the payouts would be paid by the retailers and limiting the popular tickets would supposedly decrease the amount of cash the retailers would have to have on hand to pay for those tickets.

It's still a sorry practice. The state doesn't mind at all when a number with tickets yet to be sold to reach the limit hits. Unfortunately, the only solution is to go to pari-mutuel payouts as is done in California, and that's even worse.

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

Washington
          United States
          Member #52494
          May 27, 2007
          33 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2009, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Limiting the tickets sold on particular numbers lowers the payout percentage of the game and increases profits for the state.

Most of the payouts would be paid by the retailers and limiting the popular tickets would supposedly decrease the amount of cash the retailers would have to have on hand to pay for those tickets.

It's still a sorry practice. The state doesn't mind at all when a number with tickets yet to be sold to reach the limit hits. Unfortunately, the only solution is to go to pari-mutuel payouts as is done in California, and that's even worse.

Pardon the grammatical error in the topic, it should read:

Assistance Needed for Pick 3

johnph77:

Thanks for the information.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
            Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34130 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2009, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Itmeans that everyone in the World is playing that number. Or in Ga.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #49980
              February 21, 2007
              34130 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2009, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

It happens in our State too. In Ohio

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                West Side of Sunny Florida
                United States
                Member #55048
                September 8, 2007
                3371 Posts
                Posted: June 26, 2009, 5:31 am - IP Logged

I went to a local grocer to purchase Pick 3 tickets while on vacation in Georgia.  The numbers I selected were 333 and 000.  The cashier said those numbers were sold out.  I asked, "what did it mean for those numbers to be sold out"?  He said, "I only place the slips in the machine".  Please elaborate on this matter.

In NY the payout is 5 mil, once enough tickets are sold for a 5 mil total payout they are then SOLD OUT.  It happens ALOT with trips.  Often if you want trips you have to buy them early in the day or even DAYS ahead of time.

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

chickenkid's avatar - animaniacs40
                  Panama City Beach, FL
                  United States
                  Member #74466
                  May 12, 2009
                  160 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2009, 5:39 am - IP Logged

Thank you everyone for the question and answers.

Just To "Peck" The Right Number Each Day!  Turkey