Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

thanks to Edge. Maybe this could help. Combination rank order.

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 8 years ago by LottoL.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2009, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I just thought of this while looking at one of Edge's blog...He had in there a picture of a lottery ticket...And it had me thinking...

You know when you go and buy a Powerball lottery ticket, i don't know but i think is not more than 5 combinations per ticket....I don't know this because i've never paid attention to that part...Well i noticed that in the ticket of Powerball that Edge show it had 5 combination each costing 1 dollar...And guess what: It was listed/order in ranking...It was listed as:

A. such and such combination

B. such and such combination

C. Such and such combination

D. such and such combination

E.  Such and such combination

And it had me thinking...If 5 combinations is the maximum per ticket or 10...Has anyone paid attention to which particular "LETTER" is most commonly the winning number...Example, if in Powerball there has been 200 winning drawings, and C has had 100 of the jackpots, then that means that whenever you buy a quick pick ticket: the combination in the letter: C is more than likely will have the winning number....I don't think nobody has ever thought of this and if they have i certainly have not read about it...

What do you all think? Is a good thing to look into....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: June 27, 2009, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

I just thought of this while looking at one of Edge's blog...He had in there a picture of a lottery ticket...And it had me thinking...

You know when you go and buy a Powerball lottery ticket, i don't know but i think is not more than 5 combinations per ticket....I don't know this because i've never paid attention to that part...Well i noticed that in the ticket of Powerball that Edge show it had 5 combination each costing 1 dollar...And guess what: It was listed/order in ranking...It was listed as:

And it had me thinking...If 5 combinations is the maximum per ticket or 10...Has anyone paid attention to which particular "LETTER" is most commonly the winning number...Example, if in Powerball there has been 200 winning drawings, and C has had 100 of the jackpots, then that means that whenever you buy a quick pick ticket: the combination in the letter: C is more than likely will have the winning number....I don't think nobody has ever thought of this and if they have i certainly have not read about it...

This is of no value pumpi, that line of thinking is wrong and I am being polite when I say that.

You have had ideas of value at times, but this one is not one of them, sorry.

Good Luck!

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Greensboro, North Carolina
      United States
      Member #1616
      June 5, 2003
      1288 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2009, 8:55 am - IP Logged

This is of no value pumpi, that line of thinking is wrong and I am being polite when I say that.

You have had ideas of value at times, but this one is not one of them, sorry.

Good Luck!

I agree with Lantern, you have great ideas but that is one would cause you to pull your hair out before you reached 33 yo.

US Flag

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2009, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

but you all know what i mean right?

LIke if the State lottery began releasing the information of what location the winning combination was located on, whether it was: A, B, C, D, E....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19903 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2009, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

but you all know what i mean right?

LIke if the State lottery began releasing the information of what location the winning combination was located on, whether it was: A, B, C, D, E....

The state list the past winning numbers, if you want to analyze them in some way by assigning letters to them then you have to do that on your own. 

I've done that for the last 418 MegaMillions drawings by assigning the letters A = 1-11, B = 12-22, C = 23-33, D = 34-44 and E = 45-56 and found 99 different strings of which 26 represent 57% of the winning combinations.  I don't know if it means anything or not, I continue to investigate.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2009, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

The state list the past winning numbers, if you want to analyze them in some way by assigning letters to them then you have to do that on your own. 

I've done that for the last 418 MegaMillions drawings by assigning the letters A = 1-11, B = 12-22, C = 23-33, D = 34-44 and E = 45-56 and found 99 different strings of which 26 represent 57% of the winning combinations.  I don't know if it means anything or not, I continue to investigate.

ROHJ, i am not talking about assigning LETTERS TO COMBINATIONS, i am talking about the letters that already come when you buy a lottery ticket...

suppose you buy the following combination ON pOWERBALL quick pick or not: 2,3,15,33,44,+18, AND 3,9,22,30,45+26 AND 2,13,26,48,52+20

The ticket is going to show as follow:

A.  2,3,15,33,44, +18

B.  3,9,22,30,45 +26

C.  2,13,26,48,52 +20

That's the way is going to appear in the ticket including the letters A., B., C.....

Now the A., B., C., is what i am talking about, what i was saying is if there is 200 powerball drawings and 100 of them the winner is in letter "B" then it means that more than likely when you are going to buy a lottery ticket  the combination in the letter "B." is going to be more than likely the winner...That's what i was talking and i don't think any of you picked it up...But i don't blame you because all this time i never pick up that...

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2009, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

pumpi

I understood exactly what you mean.

But it is really of no value, to have that information, it would not do anybody any good at all and again I do understand exactly what you are talking about.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19903 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2009, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

ROHJ, i am not talking about assigning LETTERS TO COMBINATIONS, i am talking about the letters that already come when you buy a lottery ticket...

suppose you buy the following combination ON pOWERBALL quick pick or not: 2,3,15,33,44,+18, AND 3,9,22,30,45+26 AND 2,13,26,48,52+20

The ticket is going to show as follow:

A.  2,3,15,33,44, +18

B.  3,9,22,30,45 +26

C.  2,13,26,48,52 +20

That's the way is going to appear in the ticket including the letters A., B., C.....

Now the A., B., C., is what i am talking about, what i was saying is if there is 200 powerball drawings and 100 of them the winner is in letter "B" then it means that more than likely when you are going to buy a lottery ticket  the combination in the letter "B." is going to be more than likely the winner...That's what i was talking and i don't think any of you picked it up...But i don't blame you because all this time i never pick up that...

I see what you're talking about now.  Most lotteries print out 5 lines to a ticket, A B C D E.  Five lines don't cover .0001% of the possible combinations, why would you think any particular line on every single ticket would be most likely to have the winning combination?  Chances are best that none of the lines contain any winning combination.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #33719
                  February 24, 2006
                  705 Posts
                  Posted: June 30, 2009, 4:14 am - IP Logged

I've went down this path a little bit to test QP randomness for MegaMillions.

What I noticed in a small sample is that when I buy 1 QP,
                  I very rarely get any matching winning numbers and never a MB.

However, when I buy a $5 QP, about 40% of the time I will have
                  anywhere from 3 to 4 matching winning numbers.  Of course,
                  they are usually on different lines with Line E being the most
                  common.

When I decide to wheel numbers, I usually buy a $5 quickpick and
                  I usually use the numbers in the C & E lines with moderate success,
                  (several times 3 hits), nothing big of course.

Best Of Luck!

LottoL

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #33719
                    February 24, 2006
                    705 Posts
                    Posted: June 30, 2009, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

I've went down this path a little bit to test QP randomness for MegaMillions.

What I noticed in a small sample is that when I buy 1 QP,
                    I very rarely get any matching winning numbers and never a MB.

However, when I buy a $5 QP, about 40% of the time I will have
                    anywhere from 3 to 4 matching winning numbers.  Of course,
                    they are usually on different lines with Line E being the most
                    common.

When I decide to wheel numbers, I usually buy a $5 quickpick and
                    I usually use the numbers in the C & E lines with moderate success,
                    (several times 3 hits), nothing big of course.

Best Of Luck!

LottoL

I bought one $5 ticket for Megamillions tonight 6/30/09 (Didn't wheel any numbers though)

Results As Follows:

Line A:  02 - 11 - 17 - 19 - 32  MB = 42  (Fortune Cookie #)

Line B:  06 - 25 - 30 - 35 - 50  MB = 45  (Fortune Cookie #)

Line C:  15 - 28 - 29 - 34 - 44  MB = 10  (Quickpick)

Line D:  13 - 52 - 53 - 54 - 56  MB = 34  (Quickpick)

Line E:  02 - 17 - 29 - 37 - 49  MB = 19  (Quickpick)

MegaMillions Winning Numbers:  7 - 34 - 49 - 54 - 55  MB = 34

Got the MB this time.  A little better than average.

Best Of Luck!
                    LottoL