Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Many State Lotteries Have You Played?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 7 years ago by bigguy5.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2009, 12:45 am - IP Logged

How Many State Lotteries Have You Played?     tell about your experiences and how things turned out....

P.S.....this is not online but physically buying the lottery tickets.

well so far i've only played one and thats here in tennessee.

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8359 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2009, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Good to see you back online Mike.

When i have traveled i have played in whichever state i was in one time last year i traveled to Delaware, New Jersey and Pa. all in the same day. I missed the pick 4 in Pa by one digit in exact order I played the address of the place i was visiting.

I've also played in Virginia, and DC.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2009, 1:00 am - IP Logged

I've only played the local state lottery although I played the multi-state lotteries in both Indiana and Michigan before MegaMillions came to Ohio.  Since most state lotteries have similar matrices, jackpots and odds of winning, there is no advantage to playing one out of state unless I happen to be visiting there and feel lucky.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10344 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2009, 1:33 am - IP Logged

The first lottery I played was the Hessen Lotto in Germany.

I played the California lotto when I lived in Vegas (had 5 of 6 one time, that paid $2002).

I've lived and worked in Kentucky, Indiana, Missouri and Illinois and play those.

Had 4 + 0 in Indiana PB one time, paid $110.

Played Ohio, Pennsylvania, NY and NJ lottos on a trip passing through.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Talking Rock, GA
          United States
          Member #60369
          April 15, 2008
          398 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2009, 1:55 am - IP Logged

Being that I live in GA, I've played the GA Lottery many times since July 2004.  I've also played the lottery in South Carolina whenever I'd travel there for some stuff (either to a giant flea market in Anderson or somewhere in that area...it's called the "Jockey Lot") or on vacation in Myrtle Beach (like I did in 2006 and will again in August).  Before I went to Myrtle Beach, I went to my aunt and uncle's house in North Carolina...and played the NC scratchers a couple of times there (without much luck...but this was when they first started).  When I went out to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired in March 2007, I played some CA Lottery scratchers (and only won a couple of free tickets).

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
            Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            10374 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2009, 2:34 am - IP Logged

Have  played   Kentucky.......

Ohio ( I live just 4 miles from State of Ohio  ) ....

and Indiana ( I am one hour and  15 minutes from State of Indiana )

I have played at the Circle  K  (  Shell ) in   Indiana.......they have had  some  big winners there........but it wasn't me......they had a 850,000.00 winner there few years ago (  Powerball )...it was the bonus pool at the time I think (  not sure....but I dont think he had the power play )

Same place  had a recent  161  million Powerball winner at the Circle  K there also few months ago........I think I am correct on the jackpot........it was a Large jackpot

Back up the road a few miles....in Kentucky....at the Hebron exit..........there was a 850,000.00  PB winner few years ago  ( that never was claimed )...........then one mile from that spot.......there was a Kentucky  " Win For Life "  TOP winner at a Shell gas station there  ( I have played both those locations....hoping lightening would strike twice ) I was by there the weekend the win for life was  hit....but did not stop to buy a ticket ( doesnt  mean I would have won even if I had )

Metcalf won the Millions  around Florence , Ky. ( or  around that  area somewhere ) years ago......I am sure many are familiar with his story...........and over in Cincinnati across the river in that area...there was a Big Mega Millions winner few years ago   ( 5.00 QP at a Kroger Store if I remember  correct ) I had 20.00 on the draw that night...and never hit nothing

And recently I heard there was a 1 million  dollar  winner on PB  around Florence , Ky. or somewhere in that area there

So....needless to say........it has been  a VERY Lucky area there  over the years........all within a 20 minute  drive or so around that area

I pass through there a lot.......and I most always buy a few tickets....at the Circle  K mentioned above......and at  both the places at the Hebron KY. exit also sometimes.........but never have won much......but....maybe my day will come one day

But it truely is amazing to me...how certain spots over the years....seem to be lucky like that....and have more than one winner at the same location....or have lots of winners in the area surrounding

So ..... if your ever through that area....stop at the  Circle  K....or at the Hebron exit in Ky. and buy a few tickets........and cross your fingers......... maybe some of the " Lucky  Dust " in  that area will sprinkle down on you.............you  never  know .

Astekblue

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
              Indiana
              United States
              Member #48725
              January 7, 2007
              1953 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2009, 3:24 am - IP Logged

Three. Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio.

Gonna win.Big Smile

JordanT1021's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                North Carolina
                United States
                Member #53121
                June 24, 2007
                6498 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2009, 6:15 am - IP Logged

Let's see, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, New York

Quoted by favor4:

Your winning number is not under attack. It's about to HIT. So Hang In There"

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: June 29, 2009, 7:17 am - IP Logged

I've won more and played more in Idaho where I live now, but I also played a bit in Washington when I lived there (didn't win much). I've only bought a couple of tickets here and there when I traveled to these other states Oregon, Montana, Arizona, California and Texas but I didn't win anything on those tickets.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Kennesaw, GA
                    United States
                    Member #62138
                    June 18, 2008
                    1413 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2009, 7:49 am - IP Logged

well I live in Ga and i have played here since 2003.. this year i have played in TN and matched 4 of the 5 in the pick 5, with my own set of numbers, that was a close but sad day...i also match 4 out of 5 in the fantasy 5 that same month...another sad day...so my time will come!!!!!

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7295 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2009, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ontario, New York, New Jersey, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri, and Kentucky.

The only significant wins I had in states other than the two I've lived in (Ohio and Kentucky) was a Pick-3 straight and box win in New Jersey, a Pick-4 box in Michigan, and a Quinto box win PA.

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
                        Constitutional Money Is Real Money
                        Brick City
                        United States
                        Member #1216
                        March 3, 2003
                        1762 Posts
                        Posted: June 29, 2009, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

States played (physical tickets): New Jersey, New York, Michigan, California, Florida, Georiga, Maryland, Virginia and Wash. DC.

I had most of my success in New York where I hit NY Take Five 4 of 5 multiple times for varying amounts over $600. Many hits in NJ, VA and MD pick 3 and pick 4.

I even played in the following foreign countries: Canada, Jamaica and Spain... I try to find the local lottery outlet in any place I trave as soon as I get oFf the plane.

Cool

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
                        Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                        (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
                        Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
                        himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                          North Dakota
                          United States
                          Member #13397
                          April 5, 2005
                          1623 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2009, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

I have played...

TN...  The most I've won is $200 on an Instant...  Won $100 on PB once and 4/5 (Then Lotto 5) also.

GA... Not had the best luck in the peach state. 

FL... Won $500 once and that was it.

OKLA...  Similar to GA.  NOTHING

TX...  I only bought two tickets.

LA...  I only bought one ticket.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

MmeFlorida's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                            south florida
                            United States
                            Member #48616
                            January 3, 2007
                            1497 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2009, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Florida

Pennsylvania

Michigan

New York

Virginia

North Carolina

New Jersey

Texas

Georgia

Maryland

"Insert  somewhat cryptic,sarcastic quote aimed at an imaginary enemy here" Sun Smiley

United States
                              Member #58528
                              February 18, 2008
                              710 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2009, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Iowa,Missouri,Illinois,Indiana,Kansas,Colorado,Nebraska,Oklahoma,Tennesee,Kentucky,Virginia,Wisconsin & Minnesota.I won $500 in Illinois,$100 twice in Missouri.The most I've won in Iowa is $21,000 but I've also won $3000,$1000,$500 several times and numerous smaller amounts.I've also lost more times than I care to think about.I live in Iowa,on the borders of Illinois & Missouri,so I play lotterys in these states on a regular basis.I've played in the other states while on vacation and have never won much money in any of those states.