Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick Your Own Price Lottery

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 8 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Would you play a lottery where you pick your own price?

Sure I'd play it. [ 24 ]  [70.59%]
I prefer the dollar games. [ 10 ]  [29.41%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2009, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

like 5 years ago here in LP i suggested why don't they create a Powerball that cost 25 cents and people win 25% [1/4th] of the current jackpot of Powerball which back then was 12 million so 1/4 will be 3 million....But people thought it will overkill Pick5...I didn't think so...What i think it will do is it will suck up money from people and cause people to spend wisely...this will cause to be fewer beer and cigarettes and alcohol sales...But nobody listened....It will have been really good for the USA...And if is going to cost 25 cents i think they should let teenagers play it too if they so wish....

people think i say stuff because i want to say stuff....

what i like about it is that it will cause Americans to be wise about every minute penny they spend and be stingy...again nobody listened to me...

if pick3 or pick4 or Pick2 cost 25 cents the state will make more money than if it cost 1 dollar...

but for this they will have to create retailers whose sole jobs is to sell lottery tickets and nothing else...Which i think they should and i don't know why they don't....

Japan are you listening...

when i said: 

"like 5 years ago here in LP i suggested why don't they create a Powerball that cost 25 cents and people win 25% [1/4th] of the current jackpot of Powerball which back then was 12 million so 1/4 will be 3 million..."....

i was reffering to a flat rate kind of thing, a flat jackpot...I was thinking of 3 million all the time without jackpots rolling over...

Call it the "Jr Powerball"....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Think's avatar - lightbulb
    Marquette, MI
    United States
    Member #20541
    August 20, 2005
    709 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2009, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Michigan had a game like this.  It was called "CHANGE PLAY" and you could bet anywhere form
    1 cent to 99 cents and the jackpot was split by each bet amount.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19891 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2009, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Michigan had a game like this.

The key word is had.  From the Michigan website.

October 14, 2002 - Change Play tickets, a revolutionary idea in the lottery industry, go on sale at retailers statewide. Change Play allows players to use loose change from any purchase to buy a chance to win thousands of dollars. For any amount between 25 and 99 cents, players can buy Change Play tickets, which are computer-generated, "easy pick" tickets. Six winning tickets are randomly selected in a computerized drawing that picks from all of the unique wagers placed that day. Change Play offers drawings seven days a week. 

November 15, 2003 - The final drawing for Change Play takes place.

The game didn't generate enough interests to make any money because people want to play games with large jackpots and large jackpot can't accumulate very fast from pennies.  Of course having a computer pick the winning tickets probably didn't help either.  Players seem to think they have a fairer chance of winning if they can pick which balls will drop from a group of balls being mixed in a chamber they can see.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
        West Side of Sunny Florida
        United States
        Member #55048
        September 8, 2007
        3371 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2009, 7:18 am - IP Logged

I agree with RJOh's statement of

This idea may have to wait until a totally self-service lottery machine comes on line and works. 

Only way it could work.

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: July 5, 2009, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Michigan had a game like this.

The key word is had.  From the Michigan website.

October 14, 2002 - Change Play tickets, a revolutionary idea in the lottery industry, go on sale at retailers statewide. Change Play allows players to use loose change from any purchase to buy a chance to win thousands of dollars. For any amount between 25 and 99 cents, players can buy Change Play tickets, which are computer-generated, "easy pick" tickets. Six winning tickets are randomly selected in a computerized drawing that picks from all of the unique wagers placed that day. Change Play offers drawings seven days a week. 

November 15, 2003 - The final drawing for Change Play takes place.

The game didn't generate enough interests to make any money because people want to play games with large jackpots and large jackpot can't accumulate very fast from pennies.  Of course having a computer pick the winning tickets probably didn't help either.  Players seem to think they have a fairer chance of winning if they can pick which balls will drop from a group of balls being mixed in a chamber they can see.

The reason why i think it didn't work is because i bet it was quick pick only that you could choose plus it wasn't ball drawn...Not only that it plays everyday and a game using lose change that is played everyday will not pick up altitute that's fact...It should had been let played once a week or twice a week....Not only that but i noticed that in certain rich states 25 cents is viewed as something low it will not surprise me if people saw playing a 25 cents lottery as beging for money where there is other games for 1 dollar....Also this is a big disappointed me for 25 cents lotteries...People usually when they got to the gas stations to buy lottery tickekts they buy something else with that and i've witness this with my own eyes, they go to the gas stations to buy other important stuffs and happens to think about lottery that they decide to buy the lottery ticket not because they are just going to the gas station to buy 1 lottery ticket because then the thought of driving all the way to a gas station to spend 1 lousy dollar...If you go to a gas station just to buy 1 or 2 tickets people view you as very poor or beging for money...Is one of those things that is "Only in America"....Not only that but something i just realize is that most people do not live close buy a gas station so there is the cold and they think twice before going and buy something else and by the way a lottery ticket....But had they let this lose change lottery play once a week if they had allow teenagers to play it it will have pick up altitude...

this just proves that the lottery doesn't think stuff up even with the large crowd they got they don't have people thinking stuff up and other people thinking stuff up backing them up...But a lose change lottery online will pick up altitude in a minute...

if they create retailers in malls it will sure help...Also lose change lotteries is reserved for lotteries that pay 25,000 dollars or less unless is multi states...Look at Virginia Cash5...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨