Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should there be Lost Winning Tickets Bounty Hunters?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 7 years ago by konane.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2009, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Do you think there should be Lost Winning tickets bounty hunters? You know how they say that there are plenty of Winning tickets that go unclaimed...I was thinking they charge you 20,000-30,000 dollars and they look in the thrash, pants contact people for you, every where?

So the question is DO YOU THINK THERE SHOULD BE LOST WINNING TICKETS BOUNTY HUNTERS?

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4525 Posts
    Posted: July 1, 2009, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

pumpi, can you rephrase your question. I got part of it, its the "Pants contact people for you everywhere?" that threw me for a loop!

Are you trying to say that for instance , if I think I had the winning ticket and might have left it somewhere, they would go look or questions folks to see if they saw it ?

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: July 1, 2009, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Do you think there should be Lost Winning tickets bounty hunters? You know how they say that there are plenty of Winning tickets that go unclaimed...I was thinking they charge you 20,000-30,000 dollars and they look in the thrash, pants contact people for you, every where?

So the question is DO YOU THINK THERE SHOULD BE LOST WINNING TICKETS BOUNTY HUNTERS?

Wow !.......

And where do you suggest they start first?

Maybe the bounty hunters should start with the phone book. Start with "A" and work their way to "Z".

I think you're thinking way too hard pumpi....lol

Bounty hunter: knock knock

Abercrombie residence: Can I help you?

Bounty hunter: Hi, can I come inside your home and search your pants and garbage cans to see if you misplaced a potential winning ticket?

Abercrombie residence: Go away before I call the police.

Bounty hunter: Sorry, have a nice day.

Bounty hunter: Alright buddy, let's move on to ....let's see........the next on the list is across town. His last name is Abigale. Only 7,287 left in this town.

Crazy

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: July 1, 2009, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Sorry pumpi, just messin with you.

I know what you're talking about. But there would be no market place for such a thing. Most of the folks who don't claim their winning ticket are unaware that they've even won. They never checked their tickets to begin with.

Some states or maybe all, I don't know, make a public statement a week or so before the expiration date for persons to have a chance to redeem the ticket, which is usually 180 days. But the folks who forgot to check their tickets in the first place are types of people who don't pay attention to detail, thus a good chance they wouldn't pay attention to regular public notices made by the lottery officials about the expiration dates.

The folks you are talking about are people who either misplaced a ticket they knew was a winner, or someone like a family member accidently throwing it out in the garbage. If by chance it was thrown in the garbage, then there would be no hope at all because the news was so late the ticket has melted away at the dump months ago. Or the ticket was misplaced in a pair of pants and was washed in the laundry many moons ago..lol.... So pretty much no chance for anyone to find them. Maybe a .000017 chance. These types of cases are so rare that there would be no market for such a thing.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Chicago
          United States
          Member #70678
          February 8, 2009
          889 Posts
          Posted: July 1, 2009, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Wow !.......

Maybe the bounty hunters should start with the phone book. Start with "A" and work their way to "Z".

Bounty hunter: Hi, can I come inside your home and search your pants and garbage cans to see if you misplaced a potential winning ticket?

Bounty hunter: Alright buddy, let's move on to ....let's see........the next on the list is across town. His last name is Abigale. Only 7,287 left in this town.

Crazy

OMG joker17 this is sooo funny

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
            A long and winding road
            United States
            Member #17084
            June 10, 2005
            4525 Posts
            Posted: July 1, 2009, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

joker17, truly a remarkable scenario! Somehow I see it coming to a Reality Show on TLC!

Loved the dialogue!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3474 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2009, 11:55 am - IP Logged

OMG joker17 this is sooo funny

Ironically, other than searching alphabetically instead of geographically, it's a realistic description of what it would be like to have a 3rd party searching for unpaid tickets. I don't doubt that anybody who lost out on a winning ticket would happily pay a 10 or 20% commission rather than get nothing, I'd guess that it could cost thousands of dollars for every dollar collected, and that's assuming the search was targeted based on the lottery where an unpaid ticket had been sold.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                Magnolia, Delaware
                United States
                Member #18795
                July 20, 2005
                789 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2009, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Wow !.......

Crazy

Joker17 let me ask you a difficult question, if I may? How in Gods name can you call that thinking? That's not thinking by any means! Dang, 10 year olds have better thinking abilities than that to ask such a meaningless, senseless question as that! And I would hope they (the 10 year olds) would have better sense not to post such a meaningless, senseless question as that was on a public forum in the first place! DANG!!!!!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: July 2, 2009, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Joker17 let me ask you a difficult question, if I may? How in Gods name can you call that thinking? That's not thinking by any means! Dang, 10 year olds have better thinking abilities than that to ask such a meaningless, senseless question as that! And I would hope they (the 10 year olds) would have better sense not to post such a meaningless, senseless question as that was on a public forum in the first place! DANG!!!!!

You, obviously have no sense of humor.

Do me a big big favor......GET A LIFE !

Agree with stupid

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2009, 2:06 am - IP Logged

I don't think the problem lies with their sense of humor. Other than the perfectly sensible question about where they would start first, you didn't ask a question. It sounds to me like somebody can't figure out who asked the original question and who posted the amusing answer.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                      Dallas, TX
                      United States
                      Member #60284
                      April 12, 2008
                      3856 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2009, 4:17 am - IP Logged

I think pumpi is a comedian and he doesn't know it.

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
                        Fughedaboutit (NY)
                        United States
                        Member #8160
                        October 26, 2004
                        6777 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2009, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

shaking_head

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

konane's avatar - wallace
                          Atlanta, GA
                          United States
                          Member #1265
                          March 13, 2003
                          3333 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2009, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

There are already lost winning ticket bounty hunters, they're the people who sift throuh store trash bags and dumpsters for mistakenly discarded tickets. Also regular people who see unsigned tickets on the ground, picking them up on the off chance one might be a winner.

Lottery Post featured a story about one older gentleman who found a discarded unsigned ticket which became subject of a lawsuit.  That man was a bounty hunter of sorts .... perhaps someone can find the specific story.   However it's doubtful an industry or television series will spring from your suggestion.

Good luck to everyone!