Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winner from same city

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Los Angeles, CA
United States
Member #76634
July 2, 2009
1 Posts
Posted: July 2, 2009, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

Someone in my city has the won the lottery today.  Because it is the same city as mine I feel that now there's even less of a chance or no chance I'll ever win. I don't live in a big city either (small suburb of Los Angeles), if I lived in a bigger city I think I'd have much better hope of having a chance of winning.  Has anyone here ever felt the same way or am I just being a sore loser?

United States
    Member #58528
    February 18, 2008
    710 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2009, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Someone in my city has the won the lottery today.  Because it is the same city as mine I feel that now there's even less of a chance or no chance I'll ever win. I don't live in a big city either (small suburb of Los Angeles), if I lived in a bigger city I think I'd have much better hope of having a chance of winning.  Has anyone here ever felt the same way or am I just being a sore loser?

There is a town in Wisconsin,Fon du Lac,I believe is the name,that has sold several winning Powerball tickets.They call the street where most of the winning tickets were purchased "The Miracle Mile".I would'nt quit playing the lottery because someone in your city won a jackpot because nobody has a clue where a winning ticket will be sold.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23277 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2009, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Most people look at it exactly the opposite way, because gambling wins tend to happen in streaks.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Espanola NM
        United States
        Member #72722
        March 25, 2009
        133 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2009, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Does lightning strike in the same place twice?  I guess it depends on your own perspective.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23277 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2009, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Does lightning strike in the same place twice?  I guess it depends on your own perspective.

Well, I guess it's either you can remain positive, or you can allow the fact of someone you don't know won the game control whether or not you're happy with it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
            Member #58528
            February 18, 2008
            710 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2009, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Heres the link to the Miracle Mile story.

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/168365

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3475 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2009, 2:03 am - IP Logged

Exacty what is it about somebody else winning that would change the odds of the game? That's exactly what you're suggesting would happen if you think that anybody else winning, regardless of where they are, has an affect on your chances of winning.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2009, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Now that someone has won in your city, you know it can be done.  You probably thought you had to live in a big city to have a chance of winning, now you know better.  Did you even buy a ticket?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking