Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

which one gives a better chance

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 8 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #76675
July 3, 2009
1 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2009, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

hello everyone. I;ve been wondering. i know powerball and TN pick5 both have a long shot of winning top prize. But in reality which one gives you the best chance of winning the top prize. considering pick is just played in TN and powerball is a multi state game. Thanks in advance.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2009, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

powerball would be your better bet because you still have a chance at matching all five numbers for 200,000 dollars and i think if you powerplay its a million dollars just for matching five numbers and best of all powerball is ball drawn.the pick 5 in tennessee is computerized which isn't a good thing.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3114 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2009, 2:43 am - IP Logged

hello everyone. I;ve been wondering. i know powerball and TN pick5 both have a long shot of winning top prize. But in reality which one gives you the best chance of winning the top prize. considering pick is just played in TN and powerball is a multi state game. Thanks in advance.

The TN 5/39 game odds of winning is 1 in 575,757

The PB 5/59 game odds of winning is 1 in 5,006,386

Clearly your chances of winning are ten times better playing the 5/39 game.

If you were to buy two tickets with 10 unique numbers the odds of having all five winning numbers among the ten for a three number win or better would be . . .

TN 5/39 1 in 2,284

PB 5/59 1 in 19,866

You can determine this for yourself and try other quanities of numbers with the Odds Calculator on Lotto-Logix at

http://www.lotto-logix.com/wheeling_odds_calculator.html

BobP